Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

5 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

vVnW7J9.jpg

Ok, what does this prove?  I read the entire Comey interview transcript last night.  This correlates with his version of events.

JAMES COMEY: That's right. She agreed. Loretta Lynch I had a great relationship with and still have a lot of respect for. And she said, "I agree. But call it a matter." And I said, "Why would I do that?" And she said, "Just call it a matter." And I didn't know exactly why she was doing that, but I decided in that moment that the whole world would miss the distinction between investigation and matter. And so I dropped it at that point. At my press event, I said-- used the term matter, and I was right, the press missed it and said we'd confirmed an investigation.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Did-- did you think she was doing that to protect Hillary Clinton?

JAMES COMEY: I didn't know. It worried me. It gave me an uncomfortable feeling because the Clinton campaign, since the matter had come in, the investigation had started in July, had been trying to come up with other words to describe it. They had used "Review" I think, "Security referral," things like that. And it did worry me that the attorney general's direction was tracking that effort to avoid using the word "investigation." And so, to be honest, it gave me a bad feeling. And maybe I should've pushed harder in the moment.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Yeah, did you push her on it?

JAMES COMEY: I didn't because I've known Loretta for a long time. We worked a case together in the early 1990s. And she's a very smart person. And if she'd had a reason that I couldn't see in Justice Department policy or something, she'da given it to me. But her answer, "Just do it," told me this is an order from the attorney general. So it's not improper, it's a little bit off axis from the actual facts. But people are going to miss the distinction. And so I'm not going to fight this new attorney general. This is not going to be our first battle.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: You think you should have?

JAMES COMEY: Yeah, I probably should have. Given that I respect Loretta, I probably should've pushed harder in the moment.

17 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Ok, what does this prove?  I read the entire Comey interview transcript last night.  This correlates with his version of events.

The last part of her statement is an attempt to pin any fault on Comey.

1 minute ago, Ramlaen said:

The last part of her statement is an attempt to pin any fault on Comey.

Comey was being really careful in the interview to be as gentle as possible with his criticisms of his former coworkers and bosses (except for Trump of course.)

I actually understand the impulse.  When I quit my job two months ago, all my anger was focused on the boss who had screwed me over.  All of a sudden, I was texting and chatting with other former coworkers, some of whom I didn't even like, but who I knew shared my disdain for the boss.  Nothing unifies a team like having a common enemy.

This one is easy, unlike you people,  we have this thing called freedom of speech, and signing a UN resolution that would restrict some American Asshole from Glorifying the Nazis would be against our Constitutional rights.  Freedom of speech is all about protecting unpopular speech.

Also, on General Principal, FUCK the UN and their useless bullshit. 

13 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

This one is easy, unlike you people,  we have this thing called freedom of speech, and signing a UN resolution that would restrict some American Asshole from Glorifying the Nazis would be against our Constitutional rights.  Freedom of speech is all about protecting unpopular speech.

I wonder if you would have felt the same way if it was your cities that were bombed and your families that were killed in their sleep?

Fuck fascist sympathisers, wherever or whoever they may be!

9 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I wonder if you would have felt the same way if it was your cities that were bombed and your families that were killed in their sleep?

"To defeat the fascists we will become fascists."

Also, pretending Ukraine is secretly controlled by Nazi's is a good way to stroke up patriotism and support for the war there.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.....Don't get me wrong I do see some merit in your position on reflection, but I don't feel that countries more directly affected by the Nazis should feel obliged to share it and clearly, they don't.

Meanwhile, in Cuba, the 'sonic-attacks/health-attacks' continue:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/04/16/canada-following-u-s-lead-pulls-diplomats-out-cuba/522866002/

51 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

If you're trying to imply I'm somehow a Nazi Symp because I support free speech, you can fuck right off. If not, maybe you need to tone down your overwrought posting style. 

Men have died for the fundamental rights the United States Government swears it will protect.  Freedom of Speach is worth fighting for, and it's disgusting and sad, your country tossed it away, and I have to explain it's value to you. I'm not going to see it thrown away over some meanless UN bullshit to make idiots who think Nazis are a thing again while ignoring the Antifa assholes burning things down around them, feel better.

Frankly, with all your crying about Trump and how bad the USA is, your country has gone far further down the path to fascism with your locking up of comedians and people who try and people out you might have some problems with the Muslims you packed in. 

This board has a long-standing, hard corp, anti-nazi/fascist stance, but unlike most people, we have pretty hard standards on who actually qualifies as one. 

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Stop projecting. My country had the entire male population of a town deported and sent to death camps, was starved on purpose which caused thousands of deaths (and a lot of post war health problems iirc), bombed and looted by the Nazis and I 'still' fully support freedom of speech. Freedom of speech does not mean requirement to agree. It means I can tell him to take whatever he said, write it on a piece of paper, roll it up real tight and shove it up his arsehole.

5 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

"To defeat the fascists we will become fascists."

Also, pretending Ukraine is secretly controlled by Nazi's is a good way to stroke up patriotism and support for the war there.

It is openly controlled by Ukrainian nazi sympathizers and have several neo-Nazi units in it's official structures (incl law enforcement). And that can be established by just hearing what they are saying on TV and officials posting in FB, tweeting and so on.

Blue Wave 2018: I'm not seeing it.

w2Uiy8p.jpg

This is a summary of voter registration data from pundit Larry Schweikart.  In short, since his election Trump has not lost net voters in any of the states he won (where information exists).  In some of the states he lost the Democrats have seen gains, but these have been surprisingly modest.

In related news, an NBC/WSJ poll shows slipping support for the Democrats compared to last month.  Note that the amount by which it slipped is inside the margin of error of the poll, but it still shows that their support isn't expanding.

Also, this old Bloomberg article from just before the election is worth reading if you still think that Trump tweets are impulsive, spur-of-the-moment expressions of the president's whim at any particular moment.

Donald Trump’s Facebook and Twitter feeds are being manned by Brad Parscale, a San Antonio marketing entrepreneur, whose buzz cut and long narrow beard make him look like a mixed martial arts fighter. His Trump tie has been paired with a dark Zegna suit. A lapel pin issued by the Secret Service signals his status. He’s equipped with a dashboard of 400 prewritten Trump tweets.

Ok, so Colli wants a rematch between ShillBeast and CheetoHitler.  So for maximum entertainment value, the next election should be decided by a WWE Steel Cage Match, refereed by Mick Foley.  The cage should be seeded with several steel chairs and a couple of tables.  The outside of the ring should be covered with the most aggressive, hungry venomous reptiles we can come up with.

19 hours ago, Bronezhilet said:

Stop projecting. My country had the entire male population of a town deported and sent to death camps, was starved on purpose which caused thousands of deaths (and a lot of post war health problems iirc), bombed and looted by the Nazis and I 'still' fully support freedom of speech. Freedom of speech does not mean requirement to agree. It means I can tell him to take whatever he said, write it on a piece of paper, roll it up real tight and shove it up his arsehole.

I was replying to @Jeeps_Guns_Tanks.....Notice how I used the quote, just like I'm doing here.

21 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

If you're trying to imply I'm somehow a Nazi Symp because I support free speech, you can fuck right off. If not, maybe you need to tone down your overwrought posting style. 

Oh bugger me the irony of this is just too much.....The fact that I was aping your own post completely escaped you apparently?

35 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I was replying to @Jeeps_Guns_Tanks.....Notice how I used the quote, just like I'm doing here.

Oh bugger me the irony of this is just too much.....The fact that I was aping your own post completely escaped you apparently?

Way to compound your confusing and frankly overly emotional posting problem. 

I got you were imitating the style, that doesn't answer my question, why don't you try being clear for a change.   

OK.....I've reread your posts and there is no question in either of them:

22 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Men have died for the fundamental rights the United States Government swears it will protect.  Freedom of Speach is worth fighting for, and it's disgusting and sad, your country tossed it away, and I have to explain it's value to you. I'm not going to see it thrown away over some meanless UN bullshit to make idiots who think Nazis are a thing again while ignoring the Antifa assholes burning things down around them, feel better.

Frankly, with all your crying about Trump and how bad the USA is, your country has gone far further down the path to fascism with your locking up of comedians and people who try and people out you might have some problems with the Muslims you packed in. 

This board has a long-standing, hard corp, anti-nazi/fascist stance, but unlike most people, we have pretty hard standards on who actually qualifies as one. 

23 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Also, on General Principal, FUCK the UN and their useless bullshit. 

"If you're trying to imply I'm somehow a Nazi Symp because I support free speech, you can fuck off?"   I forget the question mark the first time my bad,  but it still reads as a question. 

"Fuck fascist sympathisers, wherever or whoever they may be!"

Just what are you trying to say here? You know, if you want to call someone a Nazi, just do it, don't be a passive-aggressive pussy about it. 

Editing after the fact.....Classy move.  Your edit does not even make sense. :rolleyes:

Just noticed that you did not edit your original post, I withdraw that unfounded accusation.  However your original post was not phrased as a question. 

So.....How about you answer the question that I actually did ask:

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:37 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

How would you feel about a Nazi's right to free speech if something like Stalingrad had taken place in Los-Angeles, Warsaw in Boston or the London Blitz in New York (etc. etc. etc.)?