Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

2 hours ago, ShamefurDispray said:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-responds-to-frivolous-dnc-lawsuit/

If this lawsuit proceeds, the Trump Campaign will be prepared to leverage the discovery process and explore the DNC’s now-secret records about the actual corruption they perpetrated to influence the outcome of the 2016 presidential election. Everything will be on the table, including:

-How the DNC contributed to the fake dossier, using Fusion GPS along with the Clinton Campaign as the basis for the launch of a phony investigation.

-Why the FBI was never allowed access to the DNC servers in the course of their investigation into the Clinton e-mail scandal.

-How the DNC conspired to hand Hillary Clinton the nomination over Bernie Sanders.

-How officials at the highest levels of the DNC colluded with the news media to influence the outcome of the DNC nomination.

-Management decisions by Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Donna Brazile, Tom Perez, and John Podesta; their e-mails, personnel decisions, budgets, opposition research, and more.

11 minutes ago, Donward said:

Democrats and the media for 3 years: Donald Trump is a racist!!!

Democrats and the media: *Awkward silence*

This is an interesting quote.  I think it serves several purposes.  First, and most important, it reminds everyone, including all the people getting stink eye from the Mueller probe that Trump has the power to pardon.  Second, it reminds everyone that he is a cool guy who hangs out with cool celebrities like Sylvester Stallone.  Third, it's about pardoning a black guy who has been dead for 80 years, so it won't piss off the true deplorables all that much.

50 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

This is an interesting quote.  I think it serves several purposes.  First, and most important, it reminds everyone, including all the people getting stink eye from the Mueller probe that Trump has the power to pardon.  Second, it reminds everyone that he is a cool guy who hangs out with cool celebrities like Sylvester Stallone.  Third, it's about pardoning a black guy who has been dead for 80 years, so it won't piss off the true deplorables all that much.

Given the popularity of the word "Cuck" and its usage by the Alt-Right, the thought of pardoning a black man who was sleeping with white womenz at the turn of the century probably isn't as hot button an issue as one might think with that demographic...

Also, Romney failed to secure the GOP nomination in Utah to run for Senate.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29732/oops-mitt-romney-fails-secure-utah-senate-nod-will-emily-zanotti

in fact he came in SECOND to a state representative no one has heard of.

Romney will now have to secure the nomination in a primary contest.

This news restores my faith in the Utah GOP, at least for a couple of hours. 

2 hours ago, Donward said:

Also, Romney failed to secure the GOP nomination in Utah to run for Senate.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29732/oops-mitt-romney-fails-secure-utah-senate-nod-will-emily-zanotti

in fact he came in SECOND to a state representative no one has heard of.

Romney will now have to secure the nomination in a primary contest.

This news restores my faith in the Utah GOP, at least for a couple of hours. 

How does someone go from Governor of Massachusetts to Senator of Utah anyway?  Is there such a thing as an east to west carpet bagger?

2 hours ago, Donward said:

Given the popularity of the word "Cuck" and its usage by the Alt-Right, the thought of pardoning a black man who was sleeping with white womenz at the turn of the century probably isn't as hot button an issue as one might think with that demographic...

I would just like to say that pardoning Jack Johnson would be the first thing Trump has done that I would approve of. I will use this as an excuse to post a clip from "The Great White Hope" starring James Earl Jones.

On 4/12/2018 at 3:41 AM, Donward said:

Dude, It's fucking Erick Erickson. He's a #NeverTrump tard who got shit-canned from his own blog and who endorsed Evan McMuffin for God's sake in order to "punish" Republicans for nominating Trump in the primaries. 

He can either name who said it or go back to spinning yarns. 

As someone who ALWAYS insisted on naming sources, this whole patty-cake game of anonymous gossip mongering in the Washington DC middle school cafeteria is despicable.

Ok, you are right, Erick Erickson is an idiot.  Apparently he took to twitter to criticize the dinner plan Melania made for the State dinner with the President of France.  He said:

"I'd serve fried chicken and mashed potatoes with sweet potato pie for dessert. None of this unpronounceable froo-froo garbage."

I looked up the menu, the main course will be a rack of spring lamb with Carolina gold rice jambalaya. It's not all that hard to pronounce and not all that exotic.  And really, am I to believe that some beltway blogger is so darn down-homesy that he never eats at anything more exotic than a Bob Evans?  I smell some obvious fake "man of the people" posturing from this dude.  It's especially lame since one thing you can say about Trump is that he certainly is not a food snob.  There are so many legitimate things to criticize Trump on in my eyes, I am getting really tired of people focusing on the stupid meaningless stuff.

Also, a good rack of lamb dinner with some jambalaya sounds pretty good to me.  

9 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Ok, you are right, Erick Erickson is an idiot.  Apparently he took to twitter to criticize the dinner plan Melania made for the State dinner with the President of France.  He said:

"I'd serve fried chicken and mashed potatoes with sweet potato pie for dessert. None of this unpronounceable froo-froo garbage."

I looked up the menu, the main course will be a rack of spring lamb with Carolina gold rice jambalaya. It's not all that hard to pronounce and not all that exotic.  And really, am I to believe that some beltway blogger is so darn down-homesy that he never eats at anything more exotic than a Bob Evans?  I smell some obvious fake "man of the people" posturing from this dude.  It's especially lame since one thing you can say about Trump is that he certainly is not a food snob.  There are so many legitimate things to criticize Trump on in my eyes, I am getting really tired of people focusing on the stupid meaningless stuff.

Also, a good rack of lamb dinner with some jambalaya sounds pretty good to me.  

Jambalaya is pretty much the definition of poor mans food. Cheap starch with veggies and a bit of whatever cheap protein you can scrape up and lots of seasoning to make it taste good.

Rack of lamb is just a roast...  Nothing overly complicated.

What a 'tard.

Considering that Jambalaya is a Louisiana dish of French/Creole origin, I can kind of guess why it was chosen to be served at a state dinner meant to identify joint French and American culture.

As for the rack of lamb, maybe the French President likes it.

Erick Erickson should be stripped of his citizenship and deported to Norway.

1 hour ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

If mutton were not so damned expensive, I would buy it quite often.  It's weird that it's so much more expensive than beef or pork.  I can't imagine it's that much more expensive to raise.  Must be an issue of it having to be imported?

I believe it's two issues. I believe it is cheaper on a pound for pound basis to turn feed/hay into pork/beef than it is for mutton. Cow and pig critters can get up to 500 to 1000 pounds while a sheep is 150-200 pounds?

The other is cultural where sheep are more prevalent in Great Britain, Australia, etc than in the US.

19 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Haven't you heard, Kayne is a race traitor, alt right, Nazi, taken in by none other than Jordan Peterson!

Not a week goes by where you can't take a bunch of article titles and wonder how people even 3 or 4 years ago would have reacted.

They found the original night stalker too. Ooof. What a week.

29 minutes ago, Lostwingman said:

Not a week goes by where you can't take a bunch of article titles and wonder how people even 3 or 4 years ago would have reacted.

They found the original night stalker too. Ooof. What a week.

Yeah the OG night stalker was a sick fuck too

And it is crazy how far things have gone in such a short time. It's not even hard to remember a time the left valued Free Speach.