List of confirmed targets, so far:

George Soros

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz

John Brennan, C/O CNN

Maxine Waters

Hillary and Bill Clinton

Barack Obama

Andrew Cuomo.

Several other 'suspicious packages' reported in other locations as well, but not confirmed.

Norwegian media spoke with a "expert" named J. Reid Meloy.  I use quotation marks since Norwegian media tends to call anyone with knowledge of a subject a "expert", though this one is actually a forensics researcher. 

According to him, this is probably a person with deep hate for the targets.

He thinks this most likely is driven by ideology, most probably a white nationalist. 

He thinks the person could be military and police, because of the technical knowledge needed to build a bomb. 

He thinks the election is the cause. 

Source:

https://www.aftenposten.no/verden/i/p62Ve6/De-mystiske-postbombene-i-USA-kan-vare-motivert-av-valgkampen_-mener-ekspert

Hot Take: The “Get er Done” bomber is actually Larry the Cable Guy who was radicalized by ISIS after growing world-weary of Cars spinoffs, diet shake commercials, and listening to the same Jeff Foxworthy jokes on the Redneck comedy tour.

I hesitate to call these things bombs, considering that from what we have seen so far they appear to be incapable of actually exploding. The one that we have a picture of just has a digital clock with no alarm features, not to mention the myriad of other glaringly obvious problems with it. It's not like it's that difficult to cobble together a timed fuse with modern electronics. You could get everything you need at an automotive supply store or hobby store without even raising any eyebrows. While it's more difficult to make proper high explosive compounds, there are plenty of other options that you can substitute that are also readily available. 

The person who made these wasn't trying to build a bomb, they were building props. If they were trying to actually build a bomb, they must be a text book example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. If they thought these were going to explode, they must have also thought that lemon juice turned you invisible. That certainly is a possibility, but that seems incredibly unlikely to me.

34 minutes ago, Ulric said:

I hesitate to call these things bombs, considering that from what we have seen so far they appear to be incapable of actually exploding. The one that we have a picture of just has a digital clock with no alarm features, not to mention the myriad of other glaringly obvious problems with it. It's not like it's that difficult to cobble together a timed fuse with modern electronics. You could get everything you need at an automotive supply store or hobby store without even raising any eyebrows. While it's more difficult to make proper high explosive compounds, there are plenty of other options that you can substitute that are also readily available. 

The person who made these wasn't trying to build a bomb, they were building props. If they were trying to actually build a bomb, they must be a text book example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. If they thought these were going to explode, they must have also thought that lemon juice turned you invisible. That certainly is a possibility, but that seems incredibly unlikely to me.

Hence why both Sturgeon and I think this might be Kekistan.

3 hours ago, Xoon said:

Norwegian media spoke with a "expert" named J. Reid Meloy.  I use quotation marks since Norwegian media tends to call anyone with knowledge of a subject a "expert", though this one is actually a forensics researcher. 

According to him, this is probably a person with deep hate for the targets.

He thinks this most likely is driven by ideology, most probably a white nationalist. 

He thinks the person could be military and police, because of the technical knowledge needed to build a bomb. 

He thinks the election is the cause. 

Source:

https://www.aftenposten.no/verden/i/p62Ve6/De-mystiske-postbombene-i-USA-kan-vare-motivert-av-valgkampen_-mener-ekspert

Another talking head just saying shit some people want to hear.

53 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

By that standard I need to get me onto some Norwegian TV for anything vaguely related to Canada, and most defense related matters.

The biggest newspapers in Norway are complete crap for the most part. They mostly recycle articles from abroad, to the point that they don't even care to properly translate it, and instead use norwegianized English words. 

Most articles are about celebrities, and useless junk from abroad. Its so bad that you have to read a local newspaper to get national information. We even had "murica experts" to give people "informed opinions" on the "political landscape" in the US. Turned out most of them were no more knowledgeable than your average tourist. 

One popular theme is "vesle mannen" (little man) which is a piece of rock in the mountainside in the region were I live which is supposed to fall down, but it has used over 4 years already. People in the capital have literally used hours watching a rock in a remote place on the opposite side of the country. 

Most coverage about Canada is mostly about weed, and some about Jordan Peterson.  Defense is for the most part "HA HA, look how badly the armed forces messed up in acquiring this new piece of gear",  "*insert stuff about conscripts and exercises here" and "murica bought our shit". 

11 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Another talking head just saying shit some people want to hear.

Its a a dying business after all, trying the scrape the barrel for money. 

Do US media have comment sections? 

Because they removed them here in Norway for the most part. 

13 hours ago, Donward said:

Hot Take: The “Get er Done” bomber is actually Larry the Cable Guy who was radicalized by ISIS after growing world-weary of Cars spinoffs, diet shake commercials, and listening to the same Jeff Foxworthy jokes on the Redneck comedy tour.

You laugh brother, but the greatest Texan already converted.