Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

The Paris climate accord is like a car mechanic telling you there's something wrong with your car then telling you to give them $5000 which may or may not solve the problem.

Good thing that Trump is signing out of the deal which is essentially a great transfer from the American middle class to the upper class in third world countries just like how big of a failure foreign aid to developing countries is.

On 2017-6-1 at 10:14 PM, Donward said:

Trump got us out of the Paris Climate Agreement fulfilling another campaign promise.

Watched the speech and the thrust was that the US shouldn't be penalized for already lowering CO2 emissions while economies like China and India which have serious pollution problems are allowed to kick the can down the road.

The President kept the door slightly cracked maintaining that another deal could be negotiated later.

The text of the speech should be available soon.

I heard the news and was really worried for a moment that you guys were pulling out of the Paris Convention.

That would have seriously fucked with my day.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/french-president-offers-refugee-status-u-s-liberals/?utm_content=buffer05437&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=lifezette_buffer

French President Offers Refugee Status to U.S. Liberals

Oh please follow through with this. Take them, take them all. I'm more for this than Calexit.

1 hour ago, Legiondude said:

I take it you've seen that one Harvard professor Ted Cruz skewered on Twitter the other day?

Actually, I did not.  I have to say, i don't really understand the analogy this particular professor is putting forward.  If I had to look for a historical analogy, I would go with the US Senate's failure to ratify US entry into the League of Nations in 1920.  It's not a perfect analogy by any means, but it's the best I can come up with off the top of my head.

Just now, Belesarius said:

This leftist thinks that Bill Maher should be fired.

Out of a cannon.

Not because of his political views, but because he just isn't fucking funny.

He's a hack.

Well sure, fire his ass for sucking, but not because he said some shit that pissed of SJWs. 

8 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

#AustinCanBeSaved

Actually it can't but maybe those fucking hippies shitting up downtown and the East side can go fuck off elsewhere.

8 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

CNN is breathlessly reporting that the upcoming Comey testimony threatens to topple the Trump White House.

Who wants to bet on what happens Thursday?

I can't wait. Jack shit will happen but it will be interpreted as "absolutely conclusive" and "another nail in Drumpf's coffin".

The media is absolutely worthless. They've lost their monopoly on the narrative and can't handle it.

9 hours ago, Legiondude said:

I take it you've seen that one Harvard professor Ted Cruz skewered on Twitter the other day?

The future of public political discourse is here. A twitter thread with countless articles "explaining" what each tweet meant because 140 characters leaves a lot unsaid.

21 hours ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

XiKqEdu.png

KHK57C0.jpg

It's not even the Richard Spencer we all know and love, yet there's still people reporting this as it being that one.

Obviously the notion that nazi Richard Spencer would be named secretary of the Navy is rather far fetched.  But considering the rogues gallery that currently occupies the cabinet, along with the fact that both Steve Bannon and Steve Miller (a former college friend of Spencer) have jobs in the white house, it may be understandable that liberals would assume the worst when seeing these headlines regarding "Richard Spencer."

Meanwhile, Trump's efforts to hire some good legal council have run into some snags.  Apparently, four top legal firms have turned him down due to the fact that "The guy won’t pay and he won’t listen."  I guess lawyers tend to not like clients that A) are likely to not pay their bill, and B) ignore legal advice and refuse to shut up.

4 hours ago, EnsignExpendable said:

Clients that don't want to pay and don't listen to advice is basically just clients in general.

That is true.  Unlike most of us, prestigious law firms probably have a bit more flexibility in that regard.  I work at a non-profit organization where we cannot turn away a client.  There are many times I would like to tell people no, but I can't.