Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

Just now, Donward said:

I leave for five weeks and John McCain almost dies, ObamaCare repeal does die and Reince Priebus gets shitcanned...

So...

Business as usual in the Trump Playhouse?

The Apprentice: White House edition!  :P

Who gets fired next episode?

5 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

Yep. I saw one article that described Scaramucci as a "missile". Honestly, I'm not sure his brief tenure was intentional or not. I DO think Trump has things more in hand than a lot of people think, but maybe "controlled chaos" is the right angle on it?

Plus, I mean, Scaramucci really fucked himself over bad, and it's not clear that was Trump or anyone else's doing.

With the merit-based immigration and now the affirmative action thing, places like Vice are starting to sound a lot like /pol/.  Who knew they would be the ones to start using white as a synonym for a hard-working and capable person.

UEVSSlO.png

On Tuesday, the New York Times revealed an internal Department of Justice document suggesting the feds might start suing colleges that take race into account when weighing applicants.

Vice might be low handing fruit, but it's still fruit.  I remember not too long back when just about everyone would agree that this is the good and fair thing to do.

28 minutes ago, Ulric said:

Could have just left the title as "Senate Blocks Trump" because that's all that they seem to be doing.

You can prolly go back in this thread... I always though some of the more interesting fights that Trump had to face would be from within his own party. I also thought that this incarnation of the Republican party would have a hard time uniting to actually pass an agenda. I'll be very curious to see if the tax reform bill gets anywhere. If that does, then Trump has some decent traction behind the scenes. If it fails... I think that's indicative of behind the scenes issues. It's interesting to me as a somewhat partisan outsider.  I have Democrat friends who think Trump is going to pass this bill with ease.  I have Republican friends who think it doesn't stand a hope in hell. Very curious as to how it all falls out and who is right on this one...