Jump to content
Sturgeon's House
T___A

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

Recommended Posts

Bunch of trash from both sides of the aisle today, the state of political debate is pathetic. 

 

Sit Spencer and your average commie down in a room, film it, and show the world for all to laugh. Neither will have a constructive argument.

 

Unfortunately this entire event will silence debate even further, and RIP to those that died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two extremes of identity politics come to town and that is the result, not unlike those old Jerry Springer shows where they sit KKK members next to Black Panthers and the whole episode is just bleeps and the security pulling people away from each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Bunch of trash from both sides of the aisle today, the state of political debate is pathetic. 

 

Sit Spencer and your average commie down in a room, film it, and show the world for all to laugh. Neither will have a constructive argument.

 

Unfortunately this entire event will silence debate even further, and RIP to those that died.

When the bastion of liberal thought that is Orrin Hatch flips you the finger, well...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

I heard stuff about a "white supremacist rally" in Charlottesville today, and rolled my eyes. More fake news, obviously.

 

Imagine my surprise when I look it up to find out no, it was actually an honest-to-god white supremacist rally. Wow!

The fake news is the 3 dead part which includes 2 dead from an unrelated police chopper crash nearby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mike E said:

Sit Spencer and your average commie down in a room, film it, and show the world for all to laugh. Neither will have a constructive argument.

Somehow I'd envisage it as Spencer at least having some socialist argument to present in the name of ethnonationalism while the antifa guy would just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in his face before trying to assault him again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

I heard stuff about a "white supremacist rally" in Charlottesville today, and rolled my eyes. More fake news, obviously.

 

Imagine my surprise when I look it up to find out no, it was actually an honest-to-god white supremacist rally. Wow!

 

Right?  Where the fuck did that come from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

 

Right?  Where the fuck did that come from?

 

@Collimatrix, here's a funny article for you, The Daily Wire's Intentionally Misleading and Totally Unhelpful Guide to The Alt Right: http://www.dailywire.com/news/9441/actual-conservatives-guide-alt-right-8-things-you-michael-knowles

 

I learned many things from this article. Such as:

 

 - All Alt Righters are White Nationalists and Neo-Nazis

 - Pepe and Kek are white nationalost symbols

 - The Alt Right includes such noted Nazis as Curtis Yarvin/Mencius Moldbug

 - If you read Nietszche, you are an Alt Right Nazi

 - If you like the Sith in Star Wars, you are an Alt Right Nazi

 - If you like the Matrix, you are an Alt Right Nazi

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've written this before and I'll repeat it again. Ben Shapiro is a limp-wristed, little twerp who is still frosty because his career got ruined because he white knighted for some bimbo who lied about getting viciously assaulted by a Trump campaign staffer and who now works for HuffingtonPost whereupon Shapiro got fired from his gig at Breitbart and has spent the last 18 months just waiting for the opportunity to say "SEE? I TOLD you so!!!". Plus he lacks the sophistication to know when he is being trolled on social media and actually thinks he can win a debate on Twitter with people sporting Frog avatars.

 

Fuck that guy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Donward said:

I've written this before and I'll repeat it again. Ben Shapiro is a limp-wristed, little twerp who is still frosty because his career got ruined because he white knighted for some bimbo who lied about getting viciously assaulted by a Trump campaign staffer and who now works for HuffingtonPost whereupon Shapiro got fired from his gig at Breitbart and has spent the last 18 months just waiting for the opportunity to say "SEE? I TOLD you so!!!". Plus he lacks the sophistication to know when he is being trolled on social media and actually thinks he can win a debate on Twitter with people sporting Frog avatars.

 

Fuck that guy.

 

Yeah, I'm increasingly coming around to this view, as well.


I think Shapiro's "jump the shark" moment for me was when he declared Milo his nemis after Milo had already gotten fired from Breitbart.

Plus, there's just something pathetic about a conservative buying in to the whole leftie narrative about the Alt Right.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

 

Yeah, I'm increasingly coming around to this view, as well.


I think Shapiro's "jump the shark" moment for me was when he declared Milo his nemis after Milo had already gotten fired from Breitbart.

Plus, there's just something pathetic about a conservative buying in to the whole leftie narrative about the Alt Right.
 

I've been aware of Ben Shapiro and his schtick now for a few years ever since he passed himself off as a "local" Seattle talk show host when he was still living in California and phoning in the show. 

 

The guy thinks that the best way to defeat liberals is getting more offended over nonsense on college campuses and the Internet than the Left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This bit from SSC bears repeating:

 

Quote

1. Is Trump getting a lot of his support from white supremacist organizations?

 

No, because there are not enough organized white supremacists to make up “a lot” of anyone’s support.

 

According to Wikipedia on KKK membership:

As of 2016, the Anti-Defamation League puts total Klan membership nationwide at around 3,000, while the Southern Poverty Law Center puts it at 6,000 members total

The KKK is really small. They could all stay in the same hotel with a bunch of free rooms left over. Or put another way: the entire membership of the KKK is less than the daily readership of this blog.

 

If you Google “trump KKK”, you get 14.8 million results. I know that Google’s list of results numbers isn’t very accurate. Yet even if they’re inflating the numbers by 1000x, and there were only about 14,000 news articles about the supposed Trump-KKK connection this election, there are still two to three articles about a Trump-KKK connection for every single Klansman in the world.

 

I don’t see any sign that there are other official white supremacy movements that are larger than the Klan, or even enough other small ones to substantially raise the estimate of people involved. David Duke called a big pan-white-supremacist meeting in New Orleans in 2005, and despite getting groups from across North America and Europe he was only able to muster 300 attendees (by comparison, NAACP conventions routinely get 10,000).

 

My guess is that the number of organized white supremacists in the country is in the very low five digits.

 

The internet acts as an extremely effective amplifier for crazy people.  If you were to assume the internet to be representative, you would expect that the world population is about 15% furries, 25% Turks and Kurds arguing about who is more subhuman, 20% neo-Nazis, 40% thirsty bros and 0% women.

 

The extreme right in the US has been emboldened by Trump's victory.  A lot of other previously marginalized political positions have been emboldened as well.  Trade protectionists, pro-settlement Israelis, climate change doubters, old-school DEA drug warriors who want to crack down on medicinal marijuana... and lots of others.  The only thing these people have in common is that they were previously marginalized.

 

Trump wasn't supposed to win.  All the analysts failed miserably at their jobs, turning what would have been a stinging reprimand into an eschatological calamity for the political establishment.  Now the world seems upside down, and a lot of people on the bottom are now feeling like it's their turn to get on top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

 

@Collimatrix, here's a funny article for you, The Daily Wire's Intentionally Misleading and Totally Unhelpful Guide to The Alt Right: http://www.dailywire.com/news/9441/actual-conservatives-guide-alt-right-8-things-you-michael-knowles

 

I learned many things from this article. Such as:

 

 - All Alt Righters are White Nationalists and Neo-Nazis

 - Pepe and Kek are white nationalost symbols

 - The Alt Right includes such noted Nazis as Curtis Yarvin/Mencius Moldbug

 - If you read Nietszche, you are an Alt Right Nazi

 - If you like the Sith in Star Wars, you are an Alt Right Nazi

 - If you like the Matrix, you are an Alt Right Nazi

 

No mention of HBD/race realism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×