Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

But it's all just Republican disinformation and Russian bots!!!

It's genuinely frightening how many anti trump people this event seems to have had no effect on. Not even a second of introspection to be had, just right on beating the Same ridiculous drum.

I mean I can understand a hard core lifer Democrat being totally unwilling to buy the memo thing up to this point, but when the FBI (who they damn well know is on their team) basically gets told it's getting released tomorrow at 5 and one guy goes over to read this memo on Sunday and McCabe "resigns" Monday well before 5...

How do you not go "oh shit there's likely something to that memo shit after all!"

I'll completely set aside the morality question of how even as a life long Democrat you could be ok with the level of corruption a senior FBI official being "resigned" hours ahead of the release vote indicates is ongoing... 

Or how, even if this corruption favors your party, you could be any sort of ok with letting it continue and not at all wanting answers to some very pressing questions in the wake of something like this!

That shit is genuinely fucking scary to me because, regardless of the behavior of our leadership on both sides, the American public has been historically very supportive of at least paying lip service to the rule of law and against the sort of backroom banana republic bullshit fucky fucky games and institutionalized ruling party persecution of it's political opponents.

This whole situation is getting more and more disturbing and indicative of pretty dark shit headed our way by the day.

2 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

Libertarians are in shock that protectionism works

tFGeWNT.png

There used to be a day when Libertarians cared about America and the Constitution.

Today's breed of Libertarians are a bunch of tech bros who only care about getting stoned and not paying taxes; who read Ayn Rand once and think that the pinnacle of 8,000 years of organized human labor is sitting in an office cubicle typing code. 

Unable to cope with the levels of awesome on display at the State of the Union Address, Democratic Congressman Luis Gutierrez flees the House floor amid chants of "USA! USA! USA!"

Says whoever translated Trump's speech from Russian did a good job.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5333355/Democrat-Luis-Gutierrez-walks-State-Union.html

• 'I was hoping to get through my life without having to witness an outwardly, explicitly racist American President, but my luck ran out,' he said 

So he'd have been SOL anyway if Hillary got elected lol.

I do think it's funny how, according to TYOOL 2018, celebrating the accomplishments of major minority groups is being racist.