Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

1 hour ago, Lostwingman said:

I know people who are speculating as we speak about how the FBI could depose Trump.

The absolute state of the fucking Left.

Just like the pipe dream Liberal secessionist movements who dream of splitting away California or Washington/Oregon or New York, it's clear that these people aren't hitting on all cylinders and haven't thought out the real life ramifications of such an event. It's the sort of self-destructive wishful thinking that Pence will somehow then resign, making Paul Ryan the President who'll then appoint Hillary/Bernie/Jill Stein VP so he can then resign. 

Never mind the fact that Trump hasn't done anything that warrants impeachment as President (or before), what's the FBI going to do? Barge into the Oval Office and slap the ol' cuffs on Trump and haul him off to Alcatraz like Superman snagging Lex Luthor? So you're going to make Pence - an avowed religious conservative President? 

Or is this going to be an actual coup? 

If so, I can guarantee you there are hundreds of thousands - if not millions - Americans who have spent 8 years buying up semi-automatic rifles, ammo, and dried food waiting for the day when a hostile enemy - foreign or domestic - takes over the government so they can finally live out their Survivalist/Prepper Red Dawn fantasy. And it isn't going to be just the trailer park whackos either. 

If it weren't for the fact that I know the Left is absolutely incompetent at this point, I'd swear they were trying to start a second Civil War. 

6 hours ago, Donward said:

Just like the pipe dream Liberal secessionist movements who dream of splitting away California or Washington/Oregon or New York, it's clear that these people aren't hitting on all cylinders and haven't thought out the real life ramifications of such an event. It's the sort of self-destructive wishful thinking that Pence will somehow then resign, making Paul Ryan the President who'll then appoint Hillary/Bernie/Jill Stein VP so he can then resign. 

Never mind the fact that Trump hasn't done anything that warrants impeachment as President (or before), what's the FBI going to do? Barge into the Oval Office and slap the ol' cuffs on Trump and haul him off to Alcatraz like Superman snagging Lex Luthor? So you're going to make Pence - an avowed religious conservative President? 

Or is this going to be an actual coup? 

If so, I can guarantee you there are hundreds of thousands - if not millions - Americans who have spent 8 years buying up semi-automatic rifles, ammo, and dried food waiting for the day when a hostile enemy - foreign or domestic - takes over the government so they can finally live out their Survivalist/Prepper Red Dawn fantasy. And it isn't going to be just the trailer park whackos either. 

If it weren't for the fact that I know the Left is absolutely incompetent at this point, I'd swear they were trying to start a second Civil War. 

Keep in mind that this is the Same left who has conveniently forgotten that they were the bad guys who got ROFL stomped last time too...

So... Yeah... They likely really are trying to start one, and It's very likely to be just as much of a shit show as the last one!

I get it though, for the last two years I've been watching things unfold going, they can't possibly be trying the old civil war trick again! They HAVE TO remember how this turned out last time!

And then it dawned on me, oh shit... No they really are this stupid and genuinely think England/the not so EU etc will back their play THIS TIME for sure!!!

Edit to add: you know since it sure in the hell looks like they really may have asked ole blighty to help them keep an eye on Trump this time and the south was OH SO SURE England would back them last time too, and they kinda were, right up until they weren't LOL

And meanwhile, John McCain signals his desire to go down with the ship; blames it all on Putin and the Russians.

https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=12E0BD0A-B549-43ED-B42E-594EDBE182C1

Washington, D.C. ­– U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, released the following statement on partisan attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice:

“In 2016, the Russian government engaged in an elaborate plot to interfere in an American election and undermine our democracy. Russia employed the same tactics it has used to influence elections around the world, from France and Germany to Ukraine, Montenegro, and beyond. Putin’s regime launched cyberattacks and spread disinformation with the goal of sowing chaos and weakening faith in our institutions. And while we have no evidence that these efforts affected the outcome of our election, I fear they succeeded in fueling political discord and dividing us from one another.

“The latest attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests – no party’s, no president’s, only Putin’s. The American people deserve to know all of the facts surrounding Russia’s ongoing efforts to subvert our democracy, which is why Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation must proceed unimpeded. Our nation’s elected officials, including the president, must stop looking at this investigation through the warped lens of politics and manufacturing partisan sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him.”

Trump looooves to make publicity-grabbing moves on Fridays.  Since the government doesn't do as much on the weekend, he's guaranteed to dominate the politics section of the news for two days for free.

I wonder if long-time politicos in D.C. have started to fear Fridays out of pure, Pavlovian conditioning at this point.

1 hour ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

So it's not just me, lying about the trump pee gate prapaganda to get fisa warrants is a huge scandal right?

Literally equivalent to or even bigger than Watergate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watergate_scandal#Wiretapping_of_the_Democratic_Party's_headquarters

Imagine if instead of ordering a low level burglary of the DNC headquarters, Richard Nixon simply wiretapped key figures in the DNC? 

The Democrats have become the party of incompetent losers, they believed in their own bullshit so much, they got sloppy with their efforts to rob Trump and the American people of his victory, and were so convinced he would lose, they left all kinds of evidence about it, then got caught trying to hide it.   It's interesting, more and more evidence Obama was a total and complete scumbag and corrupted "Chicago Style" the US justice department, the IRS, FBI, CIA, and NSA, and went after whistle blowers and the Media, yet the media sucked his dick for 8 years. Did the first affirmative action president ruin the nation?