Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

1 hour ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

40402743_2148937058714836_25081443010918

That's akin to the compilation of ridiculously contradictory articles Salon (So Loon) has put out.

It makes me wonder if they have an editor who can read, or if said editor thinks their readers have very short attention spans.

4 hours ago, Donward said:

I’m not tired of #WINNING yet.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/404600-ford-cancels-next-years-ford-focus-citing-trump-tariffs

“Crossover” cars are the ride of Satan, an abomination of the roadway. 

You're thinking of the Ford Escape. The Focus was the compact sedan. Mostly it was just over priced long before Trump got near office. I remember indepth car shopping for a compact in 2013 and then again in 2016 (when my 2013 Mazda3 was totaled). Both times it was near the upper end of the compact cars in cost. It chevy was way superior in cost and features with both the Cruze and Sonic and ofc the Japanese always have great  compacts. Just...an uncompetitive car.

21 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Yeah, it's BS, Ford had already announced they were killing their entire CAR line other than the Mustang, and producing more trucks and SUVs since that's what sells. 

I cannot think of a Ford product OTHER than A truck I would consider buying.

They forgot to include number of photos of John "I am with ISIS" with an ISIS leadership from 2013 IIRC.

hqdefault.jpg

2690821_original.png

Another fine example

Capture-18.png

Spoiler

cain-replace.jpg

"... with Oleh Tyahnybok, leader of the anti-Semitic Svoboda party"

He liked to hang out with strange characters.

https://www.greeneforstate.com/about_kyle

Born and raised in Minnesota, I moved to Litchfield in 1989 from Minneapolis.  I attended college for business, sociology and philosophy. I served time in the Army National Guard and sincerely hold to my duty to defend the constitution from enemies, foreign and domestic.

My family and I reside on our farm in Grove City. I am an organic farmer; raising chickens, ducks, goats and soon adding sheep. I hunt, fish and trap animals to sustain my family, as well as to control the animal populations. I believe this to be an ethical and spiritual duty. I support small businesses and began product development in 2018. I work with several companies involving athletic enhancement products, fighting knives, steam engine generators, fish carburetors as well as food production.

My wife Krystle and I have been happily married for 10 years, together we have 6 children. While our children are home schooled, they remain active in sports and activities within the local public school district, which I also support. We take pride in teaching our children morals, respect for others and good work ethics, not only on our farm, but in life itself.  I look forward to serving District 18A.

Dear gods, I hope he wins. Just for the lulz.

On 8/31/2018 at 9:17 PM, Meplat said:

I cannot think of a Ford product OTHER than A truck I would consider buying.

I'm actually rather fond of my 2007 ford focus.  It's exceeded my expectations for an economy car I use primarily for commuting to work.  Cars are so much better than when I started to drive in the late 80's. My first car was a rusted out 1978 Honda accord.  It was ten years old at when I got it as a highschool junior and it was a total piece of crap.  It was worn out junk.  These days, a ten year old car is just starting to show signs of wear.  My wife's car is a 2006 Saturn View, it has no rust.  When I was a kid, a 12 year old car in michigan with no rust was a fantasy.   Cars are pretty awesome these days.

I just noticed but Gary Johnson is running for Senate in New Mexico as a Libertarian.

https://www.demingheadlight.com/story/news/2018/08/31/libertarian-candidate-gary-johnson-says-hes-not-wallflower-race-u-s-senate/1148016002/

And he's doing better than the Republican, McRib Mick Rich, and has a decent chance at unseating the incumbent Democrat.

https://www.emerson.edu/sites/default/files/Files/Academics/ecp-pr-nm-8.19.18.pdf

Now if only he can run a campaign without any embarrassing, meme-inspiring gaffes?

5yU3H4T.jpg

Your friend & mine, Christopher Steele is back in the news, doing what he does:

In the latest twist, the New York Times reports that the FBI and the Justice Department attempted from 2014-2016 to turn Mr Deripaska, whose vast aluminium empire once made him Russia’s richest man, into an informant.  They suggested they could ease a string of legal woes and help him secure visas for the US.

In return, they asked during a September 2015 meeting for information on organised crime and, in a meeting a year later, on possible Russian aid to Mr Trump's 2016 campaign, according to former and current officials, as well as figures close to Mr Deripaska.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/02/former-british-intelligence-officer-helped-effort-flip-russian/

You noticing the pattern yet?  ;)

18 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I'm actually rather fond of my 2007 ford focus.  It's exceeded my expectations for an economy car I use primarily for commuting to work.  Cars are so much better than when I started to drive in the late 80's. My first car was a rusted out 1978 Honda accord.  It was ten years old at when I got it as a highschool junior and it was a total piece of crap.  It was worn out junk.  These days, a ten year old car is just starting to show signs of wear.  My wife's car is a 2006 Saturn View, it has no rust.  When I was a kid, a 12 year old car in michigan with no rust was a fantasy.   Cars are pretty awesome these days.

For me, sitting in a Focus feels like I'm wearing a ballcap, with the brim pulled way down.  It's as if they expect people to drive in some semi-recumbent position. I'm happier with a more vertical seating position, something that does little to help my baldness in most modern cars. 

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Your friend & mine, Christopher Steele is back in the news, doing what he does:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/02/former-british-intelligence-officer-helped-effort-flip-russian/

You noticing the pattern yet?  ;)

Certain entities are trying to get ahead of the story that they colluded with a Russian oligarch in an attempt to frame Trump with Russian collusion.

This is clearly a ploy to delegitimize the totally trustworthy and important and one hundred percent relevant press even more and get more people to actually keep up on what's acctually happening listen to his awful, racist evil twitter... and... and... breitbart is bad... and alex jones.. and...

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/08/trump-farm-bureau-federation-nashville/1014464001/

Oh come on, and this is obviously a distraction to make us ignore all the concentration camps he's building... and... charlottesville... and... racism... and...

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/08/trump-signs-bill-upgrade-martin-luther-kings-birthplace-national-historic-park/1015174001/

Ooh, a POLL that shows Trump's approval is down! Remember how all the polls we've ever cited have been 100% accuate?!?! This PROVES he's going to get impeached! Blue Wave!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/03/maybe-trumps-incredible-poll-drop-is-real/?utm_term=.a948b1703790

Meanwhile, the president mocks his own attorney general for not acting to influence ongoing investigations for purely political reasons.

Trump Tweet:

"Two long running, Obama era, investigations of two very popular Republican Congressmen were brought to a well publicized charge, just ahead of the Mid-Terms, by the Jeff Sessions Justice Department. Two easy wins now in doubt because there is not enough time. Good job Jeff......"

This from the "law and order" president.

4 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Meanwhile, the president mocks his own attorney general for not acting to influence ongoing investigations for purely political reasons.

Trump Tweet:

"Two long running, Obama era, investigations of two very popular Republican Congressmen were brought to a well publicized charge, just ahead of the Mid-Terms, by the Jeff Sessions Justice Department. Two easy wins now in doubt because there is not enough time. Good job Jeff......"

HOW DO YOU SEE INTO THE FUTURE? ARE YOU A WIZARD PRESIDENT TRUMP????

1 minute ago, Donward said:

HOW DO YOU SEE INTO THE FUTURE? ARE YOU A WIZARD PRESIDENT TRUMP????

Pretty sure liberals don't love Jeff Sessions.  Not at all happy with his misguided, antiquated war on pot.  That said, Sessions seems to have enough integrity to know, at least at the barest minimum, of the proper role of the Attorney General as the head of the Justice Department.  He is not the lawyer for the President.  He is not there to protect the President or the Republican party.  He is there to lead the Justice department. The "libtards" are not cheering for individuals such as Sessions or Comey, they are cheering for the institutions they represent to survive the threat posed by the would be dictator King Donald.  

2 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Pretty sure liberals don't love Jeff Sessions.  Not at all happy with his misguided, antiquated war on pot.  That said, Sessions seems to have enough integrity to know, at least at the barest minimum, of the proper role of the Attorney General as the head of the Justice Department.  He is not the lawyer for the President.  He is not there to protect the President or the Republican party.  He is there to lead the Justice department. The "libtards" are not cheering for individuals such as Sessions or Comey, they are cheering for the institutions they represent to survive the threat posed by the would be dictator King Donald.  

Counterpoint. The American voters put Trump into office as the last ditch hope to reclaim our Republic from the Oligarchy which has burrowed itself into the hide of Washington like so many ticks, and whose only concern is engorging themselves on the public trough. 

36 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Trump Tweet:

Sounds like he was criticizing the timing as politically bad. It's scummy, but that's how politics is. The difference is that historically the Democrats have been much better at it, and the Republicans haven't. Trump wants the GOP to be as organized and competent at politics as the DNC at its height, and that means not stepping on your own toes. It's not the way anybody wants politics to be, but it is the way politics is.