Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

1 minute ago, Scolopax said:

White power indeed

More like "Whut?" power.    When you are so focused on looking for every tidbit in an administration that you see things that aren't there- "Behold, the Power of Whut".

28 minutes ago, Donward said:

Oh goodie. Alex Jones and Lil’ Marco Rubio - almost - got into a slap fight in the US Senate.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/405150-sen-rubio-and-alex-jones-spat-outside-senate-intelligence-hearing

Now theres a PPV match a bunch of people would pay to see.  Give 'em both baseball bats. We win, whoever looses.

1 minute ago, Belesarius said:

Now theres a PPV match a bunch of people would pay to see.  Give 'em both baseball bats. We win, whoever looses.

My money would be on Rubio, he has that Mr. Peepers body-type which would give him the edge in any grappling contest.

19 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Not a very effective resistance.

Also if this is a real op-ed from a staffer of an unknown level, it's hard to reconcile "We want the administration to succeed" while you are activily trying to undermine it.

3 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

Also if this is a real op-ed from a staffer of an unknown level, it's hard to reconcile "We want the administration to succeed" while you are activily trying to undermine it.

That was the bit I was struggling with I have to admit.  :unsure:

When civil servants decide to start running the show you are not really a functioning democracy anymore.....It's an issue here in the UK too, as you can probably imagine.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead
clarification

12 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That was the bit I was struggling with I have to admit.  :unsure:

When civil servants decide to start running the show you are not really a functioning democracy anymore.....It's an issue here too, as you can probably imagine.  :rolleyes:

That was a quick official response.

5nKfTu6.jpg

Having read the Anonymous Op-Ed three times now, here are the takeaways.

It’s 27 paragraphs long. 

Most of those paragraphs are just filler.

Of the substantive complaints, they consist of the writer disagreeing with Trump over... free trade.

(Well too fucking bad. Trump ran on eliminating NAFTA and putting tariffs on China. American voters agreed.)

The writer is bent out of shape that the US is engaging in diplomacy with Russia and North Korea. (Because let’s start another war)

He white-knights for the press, because the First Amendment means you don’t have the freedom of speech to criticize CNN or the New York Times. And because no President in history has ever complained about the Press (like Adams, Jefferson, Jackson, Polk, Lincoln, etc).

He doesn’t like the cut of the President’s gib, even the past Presidents have done worse.

He bloviates about the 25th Amendment even though the President is not incapacitated.

And mew hew hew, John McCain.

What a load of crap.