Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

3 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Anyhow, it seems pretty obvious to me that this anonymous op-ed is an attempt from within Trump's own administration to prepare the ground for implementation of removing him under amendment 25, section 4.  It is not an accident this was timed with the release of the Woodward book.  Plenty of people were willing to talk to Woodward, he didn't make this shit up.  This administration has been the leakiest ever seen.  You can't blame this on Democrats or "deep state" for that.  These are the people Trump picked himself.  And they all seem to hate working for him.  Whether or not they collectively have the guts to do something about it other than whine anonymously remains to be seen.    

34 minutes ago, Donward said:

And the birth certificate thing could have been put to rest in 24 hours, or 3 business days tops.

But Obama WANTED the Republicans to chase that red herring for six years.

Really?  You really believe that?  He released his birth certificate in 2008, before he was even elected.  Then, in 2011, he released his "certificate of live birth", also known as the long form birth certificate as well as accompanying birth announcements from Hawaiian newspapers.  And yet, the conspiracy theories continued, despite the complete lack of any evidence.  This bullshit should have ended in 2011.  In no way did this crap benefit Obama.  The ones who benefitted were the ones pedalling this bullshit to their gullible believers.  You know, Donald Trump.

20 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Hey, I'm not the one that thinks everything is some grand conspiracy and that the only one we can trust is the Reality TV star now occupying the White House.  I mean, that is some crazy shit right there.

Wait, who exactly is it that you think thinks that?

22 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I believe that there are plenty of credible connections between Trump and various Russian interests. 

And how exactly it is important? It is not like any other american president had no relations with us.

2 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I can't think of any prior American President that has had serious financial connections to Russia.  That's the stuff that causes people to be concerned.  

How much "serious"? Is this "serious" more than damage to Russia from sanctions?

3 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

And how exactly it is important? It is not like any other american president had no relations with us.

Hilary, Obama, Bush, Bill, Reagon, all of them lived in bubbles that prevented them from talking to or having anything to do with non-Americans. Unfortunately we had to take the cone of freedom off.

31 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I believe that there are plenty of credible connections between Trump and various Russian interests.  Hopefully, Robert Mueller's investigation will provide the truth regarding these matters.

I fear that this is another "no justice no peace", where justice equates Trump being found guilty no matter what the truth is.

There is more direct evidence linking McCain to Russian meddling than Trump.

There is more direct evidence linking the Clintons to Russian meddling than the President.

But Trump hosted the Miss Universe pageant one year in Moscow and made a funny one-liner about the Russkies finding Hillary’s e-mails so clearly he is a Putin stooge.

15 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

@Walter_Sobchak do you believe we should open an investigation into Hillary Clinton's ties with the Saudis? Seems to be more direct evidence for that than anything related to Trump.

Please, just because the Clinton foundation / Clinton global initiative received (hundreds of?) Millions of dollars from various Saudis interests during her tenure as secretary of state is irrelevant. Also, nice Soviet propaganda whataboutism there. You must be a Russian agent as well for using KGB tactics to try and steer the conversation off topic. The only topic that we are allowed to talk about is what punishment Donald Trump should receive for colluding with the Russians, because that's a major crime!

2 hours ago, Donward said:

There is more direct evidence linking McCain to Russian meddling than Trump.

There is more direct evidence linking the Clintons to Russian meddling than the President.

But Trump hosted the Miss Universe pageant one year in Moscow and made a funny one-liner about the Russkies finding Hillary’s e-mails so clearly he is a Putin stooge.

haha yeah, so far there is about the same amount of Evidence Hillary and Podesta were running a child sex ring than there is for Trump colluding with the Russians. 

There is a mountain of actual evidence Hillary's campaign, and the DNC colluded with the Russians and possibly the Britsh government to interfere in our election, with the help of the FBI and Justice Department. Of course, evidence is just for crazy people these days, only crazy people believe in actual evidence, the Democrats and media will TELL YOU what to think, er I mean the truth... Ignore the evidence, because again, only crazy, right-wingers who are probably Nazis believe in this evidence stuff. :lol:

That statement was refuted by Mattis on Tuesday, when the secretary of defense called Woodward’s book a work of “fiction” and “a product of someone’s rich imagination."

“While I generally enjoy reading fiction, this is a uniquely Washington brand of literature, and his anonymous sources do not lend credibility," Mattis said in a statement.