Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

As referenced several (3?) times on this thread: Washington DC needs a hearty, Stalin-era purging, of almost everyone on both sides, and replacement by people who are willing to cooperate, not just earn their pay check and squabble like retards with microphones. I would think of this as a political laxative, as both remove large amounts of shit and ease the pain of the guts of our political machine, making it more efficient, as well as more comfortable for all involved. 

51 minutes ago, Lord_James said:

As referenced several (3?) times on this thread: Washington DC needs a hearty, Stalin-era purging, of almost everyone on both sides, and replacement by people who are willing to cooperate, not just earn their pay check and squabble like retards with microphones. I would think of this as a political laxative, as both remove large amounts of shit and ease the pain of the guts of our political machine, making it more efficient, as well as more comfortable for all involved. 

Ah, but who will administer it?

And what will this doctor do after the purge?

Perhaps the patient needs a firm hand and constant guidance to prevent a relapse...

12 hours ago, Belesarius said:

My roomie is a political junkie. He couldn't sleep last night and read the entire agreement.

Bascially, it's the same damned agreement, with some technical updates, some caving in on some corporatist IP issues that most people won't give a shit about or everyone will be equally pissed off with, and Y'all get 3.59% of the dairy market, which will almost certainlly go to expensive cheeses.  We'll be able to get artisianal hispter US cheese here now. 

Oh and they updated the amount that you can ship on an online order from the US from $50 to $150 before duty kicks in.

I think that the agreement will be very important in particular parts of the USA, mostly the dairy-producing Midwest.  By some strange coincidence, all of those states were also key Trump swing votes in 2016.

6 minutes ago, Toxn said:

Perhaps the patient needs a firm hand and constant guidance to prevent a relapse...

I like the way you think, comrade!

14 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

I think that the agreement will be very important in particular parts of the USA, mostly the dairy-producing Midwest.  By some strange coincidence, all of those states were also key Trump swing votes in 2016.

I like the way you think, comrade!

3.59 % of our market is trivial. Now, it pissed off the dairy farmers in Quebec, and some dairy farmers in Ontario, but they will be compensated, and inflation and market growth will take care of them adequately. Due to the way supply management works, the average farmer won't see any differences in wholesale milk prices.  A few of the big dairy companies might take small hits in the finished product markets, and powdered milk (used in processed foods and formula) may be a bit of a market hit.

We also gave access to a small percentage of the poultry and egg market. But they will have to meet Canadian standards to get into the market. 

6 hours ago, Toxn said:

Obviously our god emperor, Trump! 

godemperor_president_donald_trump_by_the

But this is always a good question, as humans naturally try to destroy themselves... or at least benefit themselves in the short term and completely disregard any long term consequences. 

Perhaps a more fibrous diet, like a term limit for the House of Representatives (and possibly the Senate as well), to keep things fresh and moving? A way to screen a candidate for their ability to think critically and compromise would also be a welcome change. 

Just spitballing ideas. 

1 hour ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

We are all so tired of this kavanaugh crap that we've resorted to discussing cheese tarrifs. 

Modern politics is incredibly complex and multi multifaceted.

Also, I'm responding to your post and not collimatrix because I don't want to reward that kind of behavior with any kind of recognition (even though I would have made a similar pun myself)

23 hours ago, Belesarius said:

My roomie is a political junkie. He couldn't sleep last night and read the entire agreement.

Bascially, it's the same damned agreement, with some technical updates, some caving in on some corporatist IP issues that most people won't give a shit about or everyone will be equally pissed off with, and Y'all get 3.59% of the dairy market, which will almost certainlly go to expensive cheeses.  We'll be able to get artisianal hispter US cheese here now. 

Oh and they updated the amount that you can ship on an online order from the US from $50 to $150 before duty kicks in.

It seems part of the reason why Trump didn't push Justin too hard is because he achieved his bigger scheme of containing China.

8 minutes ago, Lostwingman said:

04d48dad1a292a7865b5b86ed4629edb.jpg&has

"New photographic evidence obtained by the New York Times shows a drunken Brett Kavanaugh losing his temper amidst a bar brawl before viciously attacking an innocent bystander with his ice."

Madman

This?

8mD2QeG.png

Someone claiming to be Christine Ford's ex submitted a letter to Senator Grassley stating he observed his (then) girlfriend assisting another woman prepare for her FBI job interview by training her on polygraph tests back in the 90s. This would be in violation of her testimony given before the Senate Judiciary Committee where she specifically said she "Never" gave any such instructions or tips to anyone and thus potential grounds for perjury if this newcomer is speaking legitimately.

18 minutes ago, Legiondude said:

Someone claiming to be Christine Ford's ex submitted a letter to Senator Grassley stating he observed his (then) girlfriend assisting another woman prepare for her FBI job interview by training her on polygraph tests back in the 90s. This would be in violation of her testimony given before the Senate Judiciary Committee where she specifically said she "Never" gave any such instructions or tips to anyone and thus potential grounds for perjury if this newcomer is speaking legitimately.

There is far more credible evidence she is a Democrat operative than there is for her being raped.  

11 hours ago, Legiondude said:

The person Ford was coaching is not to be overlooked.

3 minutes ago, Donward said:

Happiness is knowing that in an hour, Leftists and #NeverTrumpers will be having an existential crisis over receiving an Emergency Alert test text message from the President.

Is there anything better to show off the childish and silly nature of rabid anti Trump left?