Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

...Seriously? Bernie 2020? These guys know how old Sanders is, right?

Also, the Republicans also vowed to kick Barack out in 2012, it didn't happen. Trump is going to be here for 8 years (unless he chooses not to run), people should get used to that or there will be more crying in 2020.

To be fair, Trump is no Spring Chicken as well, and Bernie appears to still be in pretty good shape

If Trump ends up being halfway decent and gets reelected in 2020 there's gonna be a lot of people unsure about how to feel.

Trump has a hidden card that can come into play in 2020 if he turns out to be a halfway decent President and follows through with some of his conservative agenda.

There are a shit ton of Republican #NEVERTRUMPers out there who didn't vote for him this election.

In my home state, 181,830 more voters cast ballots for the the Republican gubernatorial candidate than for Trump. That's something like a 20 percent loss of potential voters. Now Washington is its own particular case. But I suspect the #NEVERTRUMP movement amounted to anywhere between a 5 and 20 percent loss of Likely Republican voters in each state across the rest of the country. 

If Trump does good, IF, and he's able to keep the Deplorables, Union, blue collar and higher numbers of black and Hispanic voters who gave him a chance this go round, 2020 will probably mirror Reagan's 1984 landslide.

Boy oh boy, remember all those crazy right-wingers who went out and rioted, beating up black people, setting fires, looting stores, and blocking roads after the 2008 election?

No? I don't remember that happening either.

I can't remember people ever protesting immediately after a presidential election, be it a conservative or a liberal candidate who won.  The fact that thousands of people have felt the need to protest this new President goes to show just how incredibly divisive he is. 

Don't you mean how incredibly divisive the liberal media is? Because let's be honest, they pretty much turned him into a demon. A hitleresque demon.

Airplane reasons to not like him as presidential candidate, but most of those reasons aren't why people are protesting.

Have you talked to any protesters?  I have.  People are protesting because they are scared.  It's not about Republican vs Democrat, it's because people are scared that this president is a danger to their basic rights and freedoms.  Now, it may not seem that way to you, since you seem to be able to ignore every offensive turd that came out of Trumps mouth during the campaign (it's the media's fault he said these things!), but a lot of other people saw those comments and actions for what they are.  

Have you talked to any protesters?  I have.  People are protesting because they are scared.  It's not about Republican vs Democrat, it's because people are scared that this president is a danger to their basic rights and freedoms.  Now, it may not seem that way to you, since you seem to be able to ignore every offensive turd that came out of Trumps mouth during the campaign (it's the media's fault he said these things!), but a lot of other people saw those comments and actions for what they are.  

Honestly?

They're scared about all the things they secretly had hoped would be inflicted on Trump supporters will now rebound and happen to them. That's my opinion.

Honestly?

They're scared about all the things they secretly had hoped would be inflicted on Trump supporters will now rebound and happen to them. That's my opinion.

That is accurate, and very human. Democrats and liberals right now feel like they've lost a great tribal war, and now the killing of their men, raping of their women, and enslavement of their children will begin. This is a perfectly normal feeling for a human in this situation, but that doesn't mean Trump is going to go all Viking on blue America. He won't.

Is it wrong for me to like, kind of favor trump after seeing him once he has won? Stockholm syndrome much?

I would guess that's a byproduct of Clinton propaganda wearing off. Or maybe Stockhold syndrome, yeah.

I realize that blaming this on propaganda is "just what a Trump supporter would say", but my honest assessment is that Clinton's campaign is responsible (via effective propaganda) for people's hugely negative perception of the somewhat indelicate things Trump said. That's why Walt feels like it's insane that Don and I can just take Trump's words in stride and aren't hugely bothered by them. To him, he basically promised to be evil as fuck, because that's how Clinton's campaign wanted people to perceive it.

I would guess that's a byproduct of Clinton propaganda wearing off. Or maybe Stockhold syndrome, yeah.

I realize that blaming this on propaganda is "just what a Trump supporter would say", but my honest assessment is that Clinton's campaign is responsible (via effective propaganda) for people's hugely negative perception of the somewhat indelicate things Trump said. That's why Walt feels like it's insane that Don and I can just take Trump's words in stride and aren't hugely bothered by them. To him, he basically promised to be evil as fuck, because that's how Clinton's campaign wanted people to perceive it.

Well, personally I never watched American media. Their entire election cycle was too cringy for me to handle. I used the outlets Im used to (IE In Korea Trump has an approval rating of like 9-10%) and thats how my opinion for him formed.

Not like its really my issue too much. I'm only present in US semi annually so hopefully his policies dont affect me. 

Well, personally I never watched American media. Their entire election cycle was too cringy for me to handle. I used the outlets Im used to (IE In Korea Trump has an approval rating of like 9-10%) and thats how my opinion for him formed.

Not like its really my issue too much. I'm only present in US semi annually so hopefully his policies dont affect me. 

Then I guess I don't know.

Doubt his policies will affect Koreans much, especially y'all have plenty of your own problems.

Trump saying women let him grab them by the pussy is not a justification to throw bricks through windows, nor is it evidence that Trump is going to have brownshirts haul off everyone who is not a straight white Christian.

Edited by Ramlaen