Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

I don't know. I find that picture of Ben Carson and J.C. to be kind of charming. Apparently it was a gift that someone painted for him but I could be mistaken. He also has a bit of scripture engraved in his house stating "By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches and honor and life". I don't know Ben Carson and everything can be a show and a big fake humbug. But if there was a man who ran for President portraying himself as humble, Carson certainly has done a good job of it.

Looking at his house, in some of the online articles that featured the painting, it certainly looks the type of place that a very well-to-do black family lives in who came for poor and humble beginnings. Everything is spotless, immaculate, like a showroom. I've known similar families.

I like how the rape whistle is being blown by SJWs who have their Safe Spaces violated by the fact that Jeb Bush tweeted this picture of a FNX-45. Of course the correct response is "Eeeew. It's chambered in .45 ACP?"

CbXbjS-XIAAU4cJ.jpg

Cue the outrage.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/16/apparently-to-jeb-bush-his-gun-signifies-america/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jeb-bush-tweets-picture-gun-captioning-america-article-1.2533849

This piece equates owning a FN to supporting Mexican drug cartels because of something, something 5.7mm.

http://www.thetrace.org/2016/02/jeb-bush-gun-tweet-fn-herstal/

And according to the Washington Post, owning an FN is literally Nazism because of the company being taken over by the Third Reich when Belgium was conquered in 1940.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/16/that-gun-jeb-bush-tweeted-today-its-maker-has-a-long-and-fascinating-history/

The handgun tweet posted by Bush came after a tour and town hall with employees at the FN plant. The tweet has exploded online and has the potential to boost his image among Southerners beyond South Carolina who value the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms.

But the manufacturer of the handgun shown in Bush’s picture has a history of its own. While the company is known as FN America, it is actually a subsidiary of FN Herstal, a foreign corporation based in Belgium. And for decades, the company was known as Fabrique Nationale d’Armes de Guerre.

During World War II, the company was requisitioned by the Nazi military and its factories produced thousands of weapons for Axis troops, including pistols carried by Nazi officers and pilots. One model, the Browning-designed Hi-Power, was used by both the Allies and Axis powers during the war, with FN factories manufacturing a version of the popular handgun for the German military.

I'm sure the loss of Eric Snowden's or Wikileaks endorsement is gonna tank JEB!

I think the bigger question is how does it effect the opinions of GOP primary voters who 1) 99 percent haven't seen it and 2) whether it gives off a negative vibe of a politician simply pandering because he thinks his potential voters are the sort who'd react well to someone like JEB! (Or his media team) tweeting America with a pic of a pistol.

Damaged Marco Rubio rushed to Koch Industries sentionaut repair facility after trench-coat wearing Jeb Bush makes threatening gestures and tells attendees that "after today, Carson won't be the only one here who knows what brains look like" before opening fire during debate. Secret Service says overwork, mocking Onion articles suspected as cause for recent "increasingly unhinged" behavior.

When reached for comment, Donald Trump's campaign only stated that this was "yet another false flag against White America by the Obama administration."

Damaged Marco Rubio rushed to Koch Industries sentionaut repair facility after trench-coat wearing Jeb Bush makes threatening gestures and tells attendees that "after today, Carson won't be the only one here who knows what brains look like" before opening fire during debate. Secret Service says overwork, mocking Onion articles suspected as cause for recent "increasingly unhinged" behavior.

When reached for comment, Donald Trump's campaign only stated that this was "yet another false flag against White America by the Obama administration."

10400320_472241419641408_695316473774476

Sorry

Following up on Republican candidates and their taste in music, Donald Trump's officially halal since he said that he listens to "Elton John, The Stones and The Beatles" before expounding upon digging Michael Jackson music.

Although Ted Cruz was not specifically asked his taste in music, apparently he is aware of Stevie Wonder and makes phone calls to his wife singing "I Just Called To Say I Love You". Although his singing ability is terrible, I have to respect a fellow Motown fan.

As mentioned, Marco Rubio's is absolutely haram admitting to liking Electronic Dance Music.

And a fatwah has been issued against John Kasich who admits to liking Fallout Boy and Linkin Park and Alternate Rock.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/19/john-kasich-likes-linkin-park-ted-cruz-cant-sing-and-other-candidate-music-revelations-video/

Ben Carson digs classical music which is OK.

And finally Jeb Bush claims to like country, but can't even correctly name the band he likes - Florida Georgia Line - who are one of those shitty pop country groups that doesn't even fucking sound like country. Holy shit these two suck.

The Hillarybeast has struck back again in Nevada, narrowly winning the Democratic caucus there by 53-47. However, since the delegates are proportionally divided, at the moment she only gets 18 delegates to Bernie Sanders' 14. Since the Democrat caucus system is bizarre, I don't know how the final 3 delegates out of the 35 available are divvied up.

Everyone is calling the former FirstLady/CarpetbaggerSenator/SecofState the "winner" here but Nevada was projected to be a cake walk for her and the fact that, as of me typing this, she has fallen to 52.2 to 47.7 percent with 76 reporting, tells me that all is not well in DNC Land.

Also, keep in mind, caucuses favor establishment candidates since they are basically run by the low-level political flunkies in any given state.

Primaries, as mentioned, are more egalitarian allowing the average Joe who is only mildly involved in the political process, a say. As such, a more Populist and celebrity candidate like Trump should easily win South Carolina and I am expecting a good Bernie Sanders showing. 

But we'll see how South Carolina votes.

Edit: 52.1 to 47.8.

Oh boy!

And about freaking time. Seriously, I don't know what secluded and deluded world that JEB! and his coterie of friends and donors live in where they thought that the United States was clamoring for another Bush in the White House. I don't know what world they live in when they don't understand that the Republican party and Conservatives are pretty fed up with many of the policies that his brother enacted whether it was No Child Left Behind, the Patriot Act and being harassed by incompetent TSA agents, bailing out Wall Street, caving on illegal immigration and so forth.

Now you'll still have a good number of Republicans who still like Dubya as a person and can forgive many of his faults and verbal miscues. But I think folks are kind of fed up with the Karl Rove style of politics that the Bush name resonates with.

JEB! was a nasty, bitter little man and ran a sleazy campaign where he spent hundreds of millions of dollars smearing his fellow Republicans. I'm actually expecting the tone of this race to become a bit more polite - at least for the time being - because we won't be treated to debates where the moderator asks Governor Bush to say something nasty about Trump or Rubio. 

JEB! was one of the few candidates on the Republican ticket that I would vote third party if he received the nomination.