Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

And already the democratic establishment is trying to blame everybody but themselves. It's not the third parties fault, it's not Bernie's fault, this is squarely on the shoulders of Hillary Clinton and the DNC. They picked a status quo establishment politican to fight a populist in a time of economic turmoil, when has that ever worked?

But they didn't learn from 2000 or 2004, so I don't expect them to learn now.

So just imagine the crow Hillary and Bubba Clinton have to eat when they go hat in hand to the White House, asking Obama for a pardon. The Clintons and Obama loathe each other.

Office pool on when Barack Obama issues a blanket pardon to the Clinton or whether he'll leave them for the special prosecutor?

Cersei Lannister has lost elections to the White Walker :)

You know, I never wanted to post in this thread, but, I nerded out over this and must respond that I don't think the comparison is apt.

The White Walkers don't seem to want political power, nobody really knows what exactly they want other then to murder the shit out of everything and have an army of corpse slaves (and abducting babies), he also wasn't born by placing a dagger of enchanted dragonglass in his heart last I checked, but that's open to speculation. Trump is more like a dumber version of Walder Frey when you think about it.

Hilary is sort of like Cersei, in the sense she sucks at keeping any of her dirty work a secret, but she's more like Yara Greyjoy who's also a cunt really (like pretty much all the Greyjoys), and it shows when just when she thinks she's queen of the Iron Islands, she loses at the last moment to the king's returning uncle.

Also, as anyone who watched the Season 6 season finale saw,

Unlike Hilary, Cersei actually does become Queen of the Iron throne near the end of the season 6 finale episode, Though she clearly never had hackers working against her.

You know, I never wanted to post in this thread, but, I nerded out over this and must respond that I don't think the comparison is apt.

The White Walkers don't seem to want political power, nobody really knows what exactly they want other then to murder the shit out of everything and have an army of corpse slaves (and abducting babies), he also wasn't born by placing a dagger of enchanted dragonglass in his heart last I checked, but that's open to speculation. Trump is more like a dumber version of Walder Frey when you think about it.

Hilary is sort of like Cersei, in the sense she sucks at keeping any of her dirty work a secret, but she's more like Yara Greyjoy who's also a cunt really (like pretty much all the Greyjoys), and it shows when just when she thinks she's queen of the Iron Islands, she loses at the last moment to the king's returning uncle.

Also, as anyone who watched the Season 6 season finale saw,

Unlike Hilary, Cersei actually does become Queen of the Iron throne near the end of the season 6 finale episode, Though she clearly never had hackers working against her.

TIL Mech is a GoT fanboy.

Google is telling me Hillary isn't conceding tonight.

Apparently the Mexican Peso has taken a hit and has dropped in value.

I'm stingy with my upvotes and am tired from staying up to follow this and accidentally upvoted instead of quoting you.  Enjoy

The Peso had an obvious reaction during the 3rd debate as well.  I am kinda sad that I won't have this election to follow for entertainment anymore, but I'll be able to ease myself off with the reactions people are having at least.

h09osVt.png

Hillary = a hybrid of Cersei and Olenna Tyrell, Trump = Euron Greyjoy what with the "Make America/The Iron Islands Great Again, Once We Were Conquerors/We Don't Win Anymore, etc. Bernie is Stannis, long career but hated by the political establishment for not playing the game, has a smallish but fanatically loyal following, wants to let the wildlings through the Wall, worships the Red God. Jeb is Moon Boy.

Quick observation: the drumbeat of 'surely there is a way to remove this guy from office' has already started.

The biggest loser of 2016? The concept of democracy.

Rather, I think this proves that things are more democratic than we thought. Nothing more democratic than electing an outsider populist.

Also, WTH, Nate?

vlbfSZf.png

With the GOP control of both Congress and the White House this election is officially bigger than 1980.

And the Supreme Court.

Assuming the Senate Republicans don't do something stupid like confirm Obama's SCOTUS appointment before January.

Rather, I think this proves that things are more democratic than we thought. Nothing more democratic than electing an outsider populist.

Also, WTH, Nate?

vlbfSZf.png

Hence 'the concept of'.

We've seen a lot of actual democracy in action this year, and it turns out that a lot of self-styled liberals and progressives don't like it one bit...