Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

Michigan went for Trump and is going for Sanders. That's a big middle finger to NAFTA and other trade agreements.

Suicide watch for the Rubio campaign.

Edit: And again, it looks like there was a greater turnout of GOP voters in the Michigan primary compared to Democrats.

Here is a map of Michigan voting results by county.  It's interesting that Hillary only won a few counties, but they are the ones with sizable Black populations.  Cruz won most of the counties in the conservative West side of the state.

So for the past 24 hours all of a sudden every news outlet decides to focus on violence at Trump rallies and now - shockingly - everyone is horrified and distraught that a violent BLM/MoveOn.org riot breaks out at a Trump rally.

Give me a break.

At any rate - barring a very unusual event - this event has wrapped up the nomination for Trump in my opinion.

That's actually the first time I've heard his voice. He sounds kinda British to me...

Hehe. The accent is Queens, New York. Which explains a lot of Trump's blue collar appeal. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/09/whats-up-with-donald-trumps-voice/

Donald Trump's supporters often praise how the politician gives voice to harsh truths. But that voice itself, that unmistakable instrument, has been a noteworthy element of Trump’s populist image. Though he grew up in privilege, eventually attending college at Wharton, Trump never shed his Queens accent. Today, that accent helps him summon the stereotype of the blunt, no-nonsense New Yorker.

Yeah. I saw that Huckabee post. I interviewed him in person once upon a lifetime. The guy is funny and personable with a good self-deprecatory sense of humor.

for the radio show, any chance we could hear it?

Hehe. The accent is Queens, New York. Which explains a lot of Trump's blue collar appeal. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/09/whats-up-with-donald-trumps-voice/

Donald Trump's supporters often praise how the politician gives voice to harsh truths. But that voice itself, that unmistakable instrument, has been a noteworthy element of Trump’s populist image. Though he grew up in privilege, eventually attending college at Wharton, Trump never shed his Queens accent. Today, that accent helps him summon the stereotype of the blunt, no-nonsense New Yorker.

That makes me want to drive to NYC and punch someone. 

That makes me want to drive to NYC and punch someone. 

From what I understand and have been told by folks who used to live there, New York doesn't have any "real" New Yorkers left living in it anymore and the place is just filled with hipsters, hippies and rich liberals.

So swing away. Swing away.