Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

Welp...

The National Enquirer is alleging that Ted Cruz had affairs with at least five different mistresses, one of whom is one of Donald Trump's campaign spokespersons.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/ted-cruz-sex-scandal-mistresses-cheating-claims/

The Conservative Treehouse - which is pro-Trump - has some interesting musings.

#CruzSexScandal was apparently one of the trending items on Twitter, whatever the fuck that means. There are a lot of humorous takes on LusTED" and "CheaTED".

At this point, I don't give a shit about sex scandals anymore unless they involve cover-ups or illicit money changing hands. I'm more concerned about who is in bed with big corporate donors. However I can't see this as helping the Stop Donald Trump movement at all.

Yeah, looks like this story has some legs, unfortunately for the Cruz campaign.

And as shitastic as the Enquirer is, they do have a history of breaking stories like this. And apparently Breitbart had the story and wouldn't run it.

This guy, apparently works for Brietbart: Allum Bokhari @LibertarianBlue

I hate getting scooped.

I don't really trust Breitbart for good journalism either.

Rumors like this is usually proven to be true within 24 hours, but it takes a few days to disprove it. Time will tell, but I'd bet money it's false.

Certainly not after they had the Trump-driven purge over the past few weeks.

Meh. The Fields and Ben Shapiro nonsense was idiotic when they claimed that Fields was "assaulted" by Trump's campaign manager when the videos released show exactly the opposite. That's why the story has disappeared.

And it's what's frustrating. It's this weird GOP Establishment "Safe Zone" clique who have been blowing their rape whistles futilely for months about Trump. They're using the same shitty left-wing college campus arguments about bullying or racism that conservatives have been hit with and fighting against for two generations. 

Just talk about substantive issues, damn it, and watch The Donald flounder when you come off as more knowledgeable on those same issues. Instead they've been trying to out-insult and smear an individual who has been the butt of SNL skits, MAD magazine covers and WWF wrestling feuds for decades. 

I've met some of these people who are in the news bashing Trump and they live in a weird separate reality of attending shitty rubber chicken Lincoln Day Dinners and shaking down donors and living hand-to-mouth from election to election where they shift their allegiance and loyalty every few months. And it's why I'm glad that I do something cleaner like dragging hundreds of pounds of fishing gear through the mud of South Naknek instead.

If the GOP election-day establishment machine can't create an environment where Trump looks like a bloviating buffoon then they all deserve to starve to death in obscurity.  Their entire fucking job is to warp public perception, to smear and to fight unfair.  The entire point of fighting unfair is to emphasize some massive asymmetrical advantage that you have and your poor victim doesn't.  You do not accomplish this by letting the victim into your OODA loop.

If they can't prevail against Trump, and it would appear that they cannot, then they cannot do their jobs and they are good for nothing except starving under a bridge to death in obscurity.  QED.

The enormous streams of pure, delicious money during campaigning season probably attracts all sorts of worthless parasites who claim to be essential to getting people elected but are in fact remoras.

Bernie Sanders won the Alaska and Washington state caucuses. Considering the number of white hipsters that have infested my home state, that isn't entirely surprising. 

Also I guess a bird landed on Sanders' podium in Portland which is supposed to be hilariously funny for anyone who has wasted their time watching Portlandia which I haven't because no self-respecting Seattle native watches a show about fucking Portland.

Bernie Sanders won the Alaska and Washington state caucuses. Considering the number of white hipsters that have infested my home state, that isn't entirely surprising. 

Also I guess a bird landed on Sanders' podium in Portland which is supposed to be hilariously funny for anyone who has wasted their time watching Portlandia which I haven't because no self-respecting Seattle native watches a show about fucking Portland.

Also because it's not a funny show.

It'll be curious to see how the delegate count shakes out though.

Washington has something like 110 118 delegates up for grabs and Sanders has gotten close to 75 percent of the caucus vote. But because the Democrats have such a rigged and corrupt nominating system, I'm not sure if Sanders will get a proportionally fair number of delegates.

Which makes me laugh maniacally to think of young Sanders supporters getting screwed by the system.