Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

I am at the foreign policy portion of the debate and it is amazing how a reality TV star playing a broad, 1980s stereotypical businessman is more knowledgeable on the foreign policy in the Middle East than someone who was Secretary of State. 

Ok, this is just funny:

Amy R @reimamy @carrieffisher tell me something about that sniffle...coke head or no?

Carrie Fisher @carrieffisher 2 hhace 2 horas@reimamy I'm an expert & ABSOLUTELY

That being said, I'd like Mech's opinion on Trumps sniffling issue.  Representative of a coke user or no?  I've heard a few different people with experience with cocaine speculating on it.

I am howling.

If it's the coke that is doing this, I suggest that we start a fundraising campaign here at SH to get Mech to send him another kilo.

Apparently Melania Trump wore an outfit that was bright magenta fuscia and had a - Mrs. The Captain pointed out the fashion - Melania wore a "pussybow".

http://www.usmagazine.com/stylish/news/melania-trump-wears-pussy-bow-shirt-to-presidential-debate-w444079

The level of trolling by the Trump campaign if fucking EPIC!!!

Glenn Beck is a Mormon. And the higher ups in the Latter Day Church - many of them - really hate Trump. I do know lots of Mormons who do like Trump, but some of the most virulent #NEVERTRUMPers are Mormons. The rest are Neo-cons. 

Also Beck is now bitter that his media empire is crumbling and he is bleeding money.

Also, he mentally unhinged. He's like a Mormon William Randolph Hearst but with poorer judgment and a propensity to cry like a pussy.

Again. One other thing Bela. There is/was a certain segment of hardcore fundy religious types that went all in on Ted Cruz to the point where they thought that he'd lead America and Israel into some weird, end-of-days biblical prophecy where - no doubt - the Second Coming of Jesus would happen again.

No, I can't really link to anything but this was the "chatter" - to use an intel phrase - that I got from my friends in the Religious Right.

And I think they are dumbfounded that not only Republicans - but the majority of people who describe themselves as Evangelicals - went for someone like Donald Trump. And now they're acting like they're some story out of the Bible where they've been cast into the wilderness and the harlots are prancing around Jerusalem or whatever.

And quite frankly, as someone who is a Republican. As someone who is a conservative Republican. I am quite happy to get shed of those sort of religious extremists. I would much rather hangout with Vinny the Union Plumber who has decided to vote Republican for the first time than someone like Glenn Beck. 

Jesus Christ anyone who cites PolitiFact needs to be flogged.

Also, who told NBC that anyone gives a shit about fact-checking in this election? If the Tangerine Tornado can entertain us and remain a little bit likable right up to election day, I think he's got it in the bag.

Watching the aftermath of the debate, I see CNN is pretending like the entirety of this evening consisted of Trump talking about that 11-year old joke he made. Instead of it being a 90 minute curb-stomp of every sin that Clinton has committed in 30 years.

To me, this shows just how panicked certain members of the corporate media are.

Jesus Christ anyone who cites PolitiFact needs to be flogged.

Edit: Holy shit. I just watched Clinton quote Politifacts.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/oct/10/clinton-trump-absolute-avalanche-falsehoods/

Watching the aftermath of the debate, I see CNN is pretending like the entirety of this evening consisted of Trump talking about that 11-year old joke he made. Instead of it being a 90 minute curb-stomp of every sin that Clinton has committed in 30 years.

To me, this shows just how panicked certain members of the corporate media are.

Edit: Holy shit. I just watched Clinton quote Politifacts.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/oct/10/clinton-trump-absolute-avalanche-falsehoods/

PolitiFact is so transparently left-biased it's not funny.

The lefties on this forum might not think so (or maybe "reality has a left-leaning bias"?), but I ask: What is the point of a fact-checking website that is biased like that? Wouldn't that ruin its credibility?