Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

650,000 emails

Federal agents are preparing to scour roughly 650,000 emails contained on the laptop of former Rep. Anthony Weiner to see how many relate to a prior probe of Hillary Clinton’s email use, as metadata on the device suggests there may be thousands sent to or from the private server that the Democratic nominee used while she was secretary of state, according to people familiar with the matter.

The problem with claiming Hatch Act is you have to show Comey's actions were partisan political activity.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/eric-holder-and-100-other-former-justice-officials-sign-letter-blasting-comeys-breach-of-protocol/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=im&utm_tracker=1737131x84899

It's coming out that they've know about these emails for weeks, and just got a warrant.  Looks pretty partisan to me. YMMV if you are on the other side tho.

Joe Walsh weighs in via Twitter.

Joe Walsh @WalshFreedom 3h3 hours ago

Hillary is corrupt as hell, but the FBI Dir has no right to mess with an election. He goes public cuz of emails no one has seen? Just wrong

0 replies 49 retweets 126 likes

1. U may hate me, but I'll always say what I believe. I want Trump to win, but what Comey just did to Hillary Is wrong & really unfair to her.

0 replies 179 retweets 339 likes

Look, I think Comey should have said prosecute her back in July. But what he just did 11 days b4 the election is wrong & unfair to Hillary.

0 replies 423 retweets 756 likes

Joe Walsh weighs in via Twitter.

Joe Walsh @WalshFreedom 3h3 hours ago

Hillary is corrupt as hell, but the FBI Dir has no right to mess with an election. He goes public cuz of emails no one has seen? Just wrong

0 replies 49 retweets 126 likes

1. U may hate me, but I'll always say what I believe. I want Trump to win, but what Comey just did to Hillary Is wrong & really unfair to her.

0 replies 179 retweets 339 likes

Look, I think Comey should have said prosecute her back in July. But what he just did 11 days b4 the election is wrong & unfair to Hillary.

0 replies 423 retweets 756 likes

I think Dilbertman's interpretation of events (that Comey took a bullet twice for the good of the Republic) is a good counter to Joe Walsh's "wrong & unfair".

I think Dilbertman's interpretation of events is a good counter to Joe Walsh's "wrong & unfair".

Considering how unhinged Scott has been, I'm not even gonna click. 

This election just continues to go down the rabbit hole.

This shit has gotten way weirder than I thought possible.

Edit: Ok, I clicked. Scott still has the remnants of a sense of humor apparently. Some of the shots at Wiener were borderline funny.

Edit 2: Ugh. Shilling his book at the end... gross.  Yeah no.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/eric-holder-and-100-other-former-justice-officials-sign-letter-blasting-comeys-breach-of-protocol/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=im&utm_tracker=1737131x84899

It's coming out that they've know about these emails for weeks, and just got a warrant.  Looks pretty partisan to me. YMMV if you are on the other side tho.

lol if Comey really wanted to influence the election he would've recommended an indictment; I think people are clearly mistaking bureaucratic asininity for maliciousness.

edit: Ousting Comey and thus limiting the power of the FBI to investigate elected officials would definitely not be in the interests of the Republic.

Considering how unhinged Scott has been, I'm not even gonna click. 

This election just continues to go down the rabbit hole.

This shit has gotten way weirder than I thought possible.

Edit: Ok, I clicked. Scott still has the remnants of a sense of humor apparently. Some of the shots at Wiener were borderline funny.

Edit 2: Ugh. Shilling his book at the end... gross.  Yeah no.

I don't see Scott Adams's behavior as insanity, I see it as him having fun with predictions and his belief in persuasion. I think he feels it's OK to embrace the madness, because A.) who's going to care after Nov. 8th, and B.) he probably feels he's right anyway. If the floor lights up, you might as well dance, right?

Everyone has picked teams whether they like it or not. We're all human, and that's what we're compelled to do. (I am staying neutral, but that's a bit like being a horny, celibate monk.) After all, you think Scott is insane because he's on team Trump. You might argue it's because he's switched his endorsement three times, or because his theories are outlandish, but that's not really why.

lol if Comey really wanted to influence the election he would've recommended an indictment; I think people are clearly mistaking bureaucratic asininity for maliciousness.

edit: Ousting Comey and thus limiting the power of the FBI to investigate elected officials would definitely not be in the interests of the Republic.

I don't know for sure that you are wrong on that T__A, but from the left side, this sure as shit looks partisan as fuck.  

It's silly season.  So bullshit filters have to be running full bore.  But from the left side, the narrative is that Comrey looks very partisan on this.  I'm not saying right or wrong, but the narrative from the hard left folks that I know looks pretty convincing to me. I realize that I have a left wing bias to my views... but there is a lot of people who generally disagree with me who are raising questions about the timing of the release, especially when you find out that he knew about these emails freaking weeks ago...

I don't know for sure that you are wrong on that T__A, but from the left side, this sure as shit looks partisan as fuck.  

It's silly season.  So bullshit filters have to be running full bore.  But from the left side, the narrative is that Comrey looks very partisan on this.  I'm not saying right or wrong, but the narrative from the hard left folks that I know looks pretty convincing to me. I realize that I have a left wing bias to my views... but there is a lot of people who generally disagree with me who are raising questions about the timing of the release, especially when you find out that he knew about these emails freaking weeks ago...

Exactly what about Comey's actions makes you believe it was partisan, other than the fact that it's bad for Clinton?

Exactly what about Comey's actions makes you believe it was partisan, other than the fact that it's bad for Clinton?

The fact that he went against DOJ recommendations and went ahead and sent the memo anyway?  

I'm trying really hard to filter for my own bias, but when you have Janine Pirro calling you out, there just might be an issue...

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/10/30/judge-jeanine-pirro-opening-statement-jim-comey-announcement-fbi-hillary-clinton-disgrace

Yeah... I just quoted FOX. I feel dirty. :P

Now, I'll turn around and say if there is anything significantly new in the e-mails, it is worth looking at and discussing.   But they just freaking got the warrant, and there are apparently enough emails that it is going to take weeks to go through them. 

On the whole, IMHO, this email thing makes either the NSA or your Congress look totally fucking incompetent when it comes to information security.  I think that is a take away that no one is really talking about. 

"I did not know that Mormons used drugs."

Ok... left, right vs aside. Goddamn.  That's a brilliant soundbite. This guy knows how to use modern media

Seriously... I'm kinda way overtired and stoned.  But after watching that I went looking for videos of Trey.  He is one hell of a speaker. 

Hmmm. I guess there's another Joe Walsh other than the guitarist for The Eagles.

Good to know.

I was seriously confused for a few days on this issue. The positions that Joe Walsh was taking publicly didn't match with what I knew about the guitarist for the Eagles, and it was breaking my brain.