Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

Not gonna lie, when I see shit like that where someone/some group has "predicted the last N elections correction" correctly, what runs through my head is:

"Did you hear that Blort's is predicting that the Indians will win the Series?"

"Who is Blort's and why should I care what they think?"

"They predicted the winners of the last TEN Super Bowls correctly!"

Not gonna lie, when I see shit like that where someone/some group has "predicted the last N elections correction" correctly, what runs through my head is:

I feel this way about stock market oracles as well.

"Did you hear about this guy who has made good picks in the last five years?"

"Sure. Did you hear about the time half a million people rolled dice and one of them rolled six sixes in a row?"

A thought: 

America's 2016 election is actually normal, at least compared to the rest of the world. What's been weird is the ~150 years of a stable American government, where every other major country seems to be in political upheaval every so often. This is especially true if the outcome of the 2016 election turns out to be relatively tame, which I think is likely if Clinton is Obama 2.0 or if Trump turns out to be decent. 

Even compared to what's happening now, the 2016 election doesn't actually seem "worse" than what's happening in South Korea or not as impactful long term as Brexit will likely be and neither president is likely to get to Hollande's current level of approval in France (4% iirc) even if they are the most despised people in American politics. 

A thought: 

America's 2016 election is actually normal, at least compared to the rest of the world. What's been weird is the ~150 years of a stable American government, where every other major country seems to be in political upheaval every so often. This is especially true if the outcome of the 2016 election turns out to be relatively tame, which I think is likely if Clinton is Obama 2.0 or if Trump turns out to be decent. 

Even compared to what's happening now, the 2016 election doesn't actually seem "worse" than what's happening in South Korea or not as impactful long term as Brexit will likely be and neither president is likely to get to Hollande's current level of approval in France (4% iirc) even if they are the most despised people in American politics. 

Potential for actual nuclear holocaust.  No matter which way it goes.

That is what makes this serious bizness.

And if you don't think it is a possibility, listen to the actual rhetoric from both sides.

This shite is scary as fuck dudes.

No matter who wins.

South Korea is primed to launch cruise missiles in the attempt to assassinate Kim Jung Un, and risk a nuclear exchange, so actually it isn't that different. 

But what about the mystical Chinese Monkey that has predicted the election?  Do you not believe in that either?

I see Donald Trump has received the coveted Dave Chappelle vote.

Dave Chappelle Slams Clinton, Defends Most Gangsta Candidate Ever Donald Trump

And while this news might have been relevant were it still 2004, it's been apparent for a long time that Chappelle has always been at heart a core Trump supporter.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/7nnosh/chappelle-s-show--frontline----clayton-bigsby-pt--1---uncensored

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ga0sc4/chappelle-s-show--frontline----clayton-bigsby-pt--2---uncensored

Edit: Boring.  Apparently all that happened was someone yelled something about this anti-trump guy having a gun.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/729226/Donald-Trump-security-alert-nevada-reno-rally-assasination-attempt-lone-wolf-attack

Title again relevant.

0WKtjKs.png

Video of the culprit being taken away