ANALIZA NUMERYCZNA EFEKTYWNOŚCI SIATKOWYCH SYSTEMÓW
OCHRONY POJAZDÓW PRZED POCISKAMI KUMULACYJNYMI
NUMERICAL ANALYSIS OF EFFECTIVENESS FOR VEHICLE NET SYSTEMS
PROTECTING AGAINST SHAPED CHARGE PROJECTILES

slides from pdf:

0BNVJ6t.jpg

ZZwPX1I.jpg

Pmu89pI.jpg

BTW: Maybe it will be good idea to start new topic about tank main armour (or passive armour, or passive reactive main armour) - generally there is a lot draws and blueprints and very good scientific research about especially soviet main tank armour :-)

There also is AMAP-P, but it might have been discontinued or the development was never finished. At least later AMAP brochures from IBD and Rheinmetall Chempro's website don't list AMAP-P anymore:

GYZ2KrB.jpg

SZk58wY.png

yvHcUxp.png

Quoted weight is lower than slat armor and comparable to net armor, it defeats RPGs by "disabling the warhead of a RPG by destroying or short-circuiting the ignition circuit."

Quick question (apologies if off topic): Have there been any recorded tests/computer simulations of a tandem charge warhead impacting slat armor?

For some reason I'm in an argument with someone who appears to sincerely believe that the precursor charge being intercepted means that the main charge is rendered a dud as well.

36 minutes ago, Krieger22 said:

Quick question (apologies if off topic): Have there been any recorded tests/computer simulations of a tandem charge warhead impacting slat armor?

For some reason I'm in an argument with someone who appears to sincerely believe that the precursor charge being intercepted means that the main charge is rendered a dud as well.

Sounds like you are arguing with a drooling moron.

:P

4 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

Sounds like you are arguing with a drooling moron.

:P

Considering that the argument stems from "I want an out from a situation where the enemy is no longer engaging me from my composite and ERA-protected frontal arc, but now has shots on the rear arc of my vehicle", I'm inclined to agree.

Still curious, though.

3 hours ago, Krieger22 said:

It's possible but depends on quite a few variables, both from the warheads and armour.

How are the warheads fused? Do the fuses stay intact? Is there enough distance between the slat armour and main armour to make the main warhead hit the slats? Are the slats strong enough to still damage the main warhead after the precursor has passed through?

I can do some simulations after my workstation has arrived, which will probably take a few weeks.

5 hours ago, Krieger22 said:

I don`t know why the question did not come to my head early since the cage/net-armor thing isn`t exactly new an can be seen everywhere at least since the Strykers:
What about PG-7VR, RPG29 etc. Precharge slipping through but the main charge is destroyed or is the "sting" long enough to make contact with the main armor ( or for ex. a Pzf3-IT 600 seems to have an exorbitant long one) ? Would new generations of PG-7 rockets with a "hardend" front render the whole idea useless?