Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

United States Military Vehicle General: Guns, G*vins, and Gas Turbines

Tied

6 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Thank god, the ever increasing acronym soup was getting old.

1 hour ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Does that mean the SEP 1 and 2 are now the M1A2A and M1A2B, respectively? 

And now with Trophy:

WhatsApp%20Image%202018-09-16%20at%2013.

Also seems to have some improved and much thicker side and front armor, with what also seems like space reserved for additional side armor modules.

This probably means that Rafael is involved in the next-gen ERA project of the US Army, part of the VPS project which also involves signature management and laser warning at the moment.

2 hours ago, Karamazov said:

Does the crew have difficulties with the tank? Any troubles with engine or transmission after hard exercices?

Depends on how you define difficulties. In general yes the tanks are always difficult. This is a result of never being to do actual services on the tanks due to time constraints. As far as engine/transmission it all just depends man. Our engine actually blew during this field problem, alot of it just comes down to engine age and luck. I think the Brigade as whole blew at least 10 packs during that rotation as a whole. 

2 hours ago, AssaultPlazma said:

Depends on how you define difficulties. In general yes the tanks are always difficult. This is a result of never being to do actual services on the tanks due to time constraints. As far as engine/transmission it all just depends man. Our engine actually blew during this field problem, alot of it just comes down to engine age and luck. I think the Brigade as whole blew at least 10 packs during that rotation as a whole. 

You must have been double fucked in that situation then. I’m guessing replacement engines aren’t just on hand.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:37 AM, Conner Webb said:

You must have been double fucked in that situation then. I’m guessing replacement engines aren’t just on hand.

Depends on the circumstances. In this instance our tank got the new engine of a sister platoons tank since said tank didn't have functioning internal coms anyway. That being said once the problem was over a replacement engine was ordered. in reality if a engine blows they just order a replacement and it's always expedited anyway so it usually just takes a few days to up to like a week and a half. 

During my first problem (coincidentally the same kind of field problem) my tanks engine blew up (no air filters while driving around in a desert on a turbine engine will do that) and we had a replacement engine within 1 week of getting back from the field.