Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

United States Military Vehicle General: Guns, G*vins, and Gas Turbines

Tied

36 minutes ago, skylancer-3441 said:

NGCV CFT panel at AUSA 2018

tBh09TB.jpg

/I'm kinda curious as to what those people had to say when they heard about T-15 with 57mm/

Huh. Australians Major General Kath Toohey & Brigadier Shane Gabriel front row in the left. At least they’re keeping up w/what the US Army is doing. 

3 hours ago, heretic88 said:

Inferior optics on T-15... Funny. I doubt there is anything known about the latest russian optics... but they already rated it "inferior"...

Probably based on assumption that it is either made on base of what we had on hands in T-72B3, or that we are using Chinese export crap, both of which is a possibility. GurKhan had a comment on our thermal imagers, and he wasn't postivie in it about their capabilities.

8 hours ago, LoooSeR said:
11 hours ago, heretic88 said:

Inferior optics on T-15... Funny. I doubt there is anything known about the latest russian optics... but they already rated it "inferior"...

Probably based on assumption that it is either made on base of what we had on hands in T-72B3, or that we are using Chinese export crap, both of which is a possibility. GurKhan had a comment on our thermal imagers, and he wasn't postivie in it about their capabilities.

I thought it was French crap

His anecdote about the pressure sensor on the bustle ammunition compartment's sliding door was fascinating. I love those little-known details.

And lucky for him, too. Having your arm crushed by a quarter-ton slab of steel sounds like an extremely bad, career-ending day.

We had a guy in our unit lose the tip of a finger doing pretty much the same thing. Transferring ammo from one side of the rack to the other, the TC's side is un-powered and it rolled back and the guy didn't  get his hand out of the way quick enough. 

Nick's wistful reminition on being back in the tank, I've felt that as well. You spend as many hours in these things as you do, they grow on you. I guess that's how sailors feel when they go back aboard ships that they've served on.

1 hour ago, AssaultPlazma said:

I don't trust the US Army to make a good decision on trying to "replace" the Bradley. I say they just invest in the M2A4/M2A5 and replace the turret.  

You sure about that? According to that Army chart it's called the "1M2A4" - I'm not sure I even trust them to manage the Bradley.

(But that chart is a comedy of goofs - at least one typo, magical 100mm Kornets, not bothering to account in potential ammunition advances for guns, no counting of protection at all, magic 8-balling the optics on T-15, really confusing TOW nomenclature...)