Jump to content
Sturgeon's House
That’s Suspicious

The AMX-56 Cannot Sleep Thread

Recommended Posts

Right now for a example, I mowed a little over a acre with a push-mower, ripped up some old carpet, tore apart a couch, lifted, and more and I am somewhat physically tired, yet I am still not going to sleep for a day at least, can still do just about anything, and am more or less fine. Even after a hard day of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AMX-56 Leclerc said:

Right now for a example, I mowed a little over a acre with a push-mower, ripped up some old carpet, tore apart a couch, lifted, and more and I am somewhat physically tired, yet I am still not going to sleep for a day at least, can still do just about anything, and am more or less fine. Even after a hard day of work.

I don't know man. With that schedule, I'd say your best bet is to lay off the methamphetamine!

...

...

I keed, I keed.

Although, with your sleep regime, you'd be a perfect deckhand for a Bering Sea crabbing boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Donward said:

I don't know man. With that schedule, I'd say your best bet is to lay off the methamphetamine!

...

...

I keed, I keed.

Although, with your sleep regime, you'd be a perfect deckhand for a Bering Sea crabbing boat.

I'm not joking! It's honestly like I am on meth!! Right now as I type this, perfectly awake and fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suffer with insomnia. Fortunately I have hit upon ways of keeping it in check.

When I was single, I'd be able to listen to late night talk radio like Art Bell's Coast to Coast and that would put me to sleep since it would distract me from my racing mind since I get too excited with thoughts to go to sleep. Always have.

Or I could do the trick where I'd open a window and get it frigid. Going from cold air to warm will put one to sleep.

Or just good old-fashioned work and physical exhaustion will work.

Now that I'm married, I can't rely on the first two anymore since Mrs. The Captain yelled at me when I tried leaving the radio on when we were together. Fortunately there are other ways a married man can get to sleep which has cures for my insomnia.

Although times when work or whatever keeps me away from the Mrs., I do resort to my insomnia after a good two or three days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Donward said:

I suffer with insomnia. Fortunately I have hit upon ways of keeping it in check.

When I was single, I'd be able to listen to late night talk radio like Art Bell's Coast to Coast and that would put me to sleep since it would distract me from my racing mind since I get too excited with thoughts to go to sleep. Always have.

Or I could do the trick where I'd open a window and get it frigid. Going from cold air to warm will put one to sleep.

Or just good old-fashioned work and physical exhaustion will work.

Now that I'm married, I can't rely on the first two anymore since Mrs. The Captain yelled at me when I tried leaving the radio on when we were together. Fortunately there are other ways a married man can get to sleep which has cures for my insomnia.

Although times when work or whatever keeps me away from the Mrs., I do resort to my insomnia after a good two or three days.

I tried some of these things as well, I tried watching Sicario to make me sleep, then laid in bed for about 1 and a half hours, which didn't work :( 

I do love the cold and I sleep in the frigid cold because it makes me comfortable the most.

However none of these work either man :( Maybe when I get a wife eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Conner Webb said:

An update, I've stayed awake for more or less 5 days with only 3hrs of sleep in between. I was put on new medications which aren't doing shit and I am beginning to go insane.

Are you given anti-depressants? They don't start working until your body adapts to them, which usually takes 2-3 weeks. Usually, you would be given benzodiazepenes along with them as a stopgap.

In your case, you should have gotten zopiclone for your sleep which should start working right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ShamefurDispray said:

Are you given anti-depressants? They don't start working until your body adapts to them, which usually takes 2-3 weeks. Usually, you would be given benzodiazepenes along with them as a stopgap.

In your case, you should have gotten zopiclone for your sleep which should start working right away.

I've been put on Abilify and Trileptal. I'm also on Zoloft but i've been on that for a year now. Apparently I'm now Manic and Bi-Polar, I don't really see being Bi-Polar but ehh it would be ignorant of me to deny it. SO those along with Insomnia, Autism, Aspergers, and now this, could that lead too me just not sleeping at all? I haven't sleep but maybe 7hrs this whole week and now it's getting worse, I almost went too the hospital yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Conner Webb said:

I've been put on Abilify and Trileptal. I'm also on Zoloft but i've been on that for a year now. Apparently I'm now Manic and Bi-Polar, I don't really see being Bi-Polar but ehh it would be ignorant of me to deny it. SO those along with Insomnia, Autism, Aspergers, and now this, could that lead too me just not sleeping at all? I haven't sleep but maybe 7hrs this whole week and now it's getting worse, I almost went too the hospital yesterday.

According to LexiComp, Abilify and Zoloft have a drug interaction which worsens the side effects of Abilify by increasing the serum concentration. Honestly surprised your pharmacist didn't catch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShamefurDispray said:

According to LexiComp, Abilify and Zoloft have a drug interaction which worsens the side effects of Abilify by increasing the serum concentration. Honestly surprised your pharmacist didn't catch it.

Are you serious? What the hell?!? I'll call them and talk about this, thanks for telling me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Conner Webb said:

Are you serious? What the hell?!? I'll call them and talk about this, thanks for telling me.

Yes, according to LexiComp,the main drug database in the US, there is an interaction between the two drugs so that one is substituted or Abilify would have its dosage cut. You should definitely call your pharmacist first to confirm and get a substitute for one of those drugs if you can because having both would increase the adverse effects of Abilify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...