Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Crossout thread.

Wew, 75%.  Best I can get with all my crap thrown together is something like 60%, too much of that being from things that only give a 1% boost.

Half the purpose for running with duckspam is because it looks silly.  I still need to get myself a horn, but grinding out cash isn't happening as fast as I'd like.  I could sell my knight's crate for 390 now, but I expect it to further rise.

Meanwhile, on the vehicle share thing...

mrupQAy.jpg

https://crossout.net/en/news/323-developer-blog-changes-in-parts-balance-and-explosion-mechanics-en#/

Interesting stuff, would finally put an end to frame spam cancer, liking the cannon and wheel/track changes too.  The cabin stuff, while I like what they're trying to get at, looks like it will only screw over tank builds and making hover+drone spam builds even more cancerous.  There's better ways to make fast builds viable as high-tier things.

Also, has anyone had crossout crashing left and right the past few days, or is it just me?

That 75% decor bonus does wonders

IXtyJ89.jpg

This build has also been provisionally modified for the upcoming adjustments to the way that frame pieces work. Currently, you want to use as many frame pieces as possible because they have the most favorable HP/PS ratio. The planned changes will make it so that frame pieces will not add the the overall HP pool of the vehicle. This has it's frame reduced to the bare minimum for this build, with only six 2x4 frames arranged in a hollow rectangle.

Not sure how much your thing weighs,  but have you considered swapping those wheels out for chained ones?  They don't cover as much of your sides, but they are more durable for the same PS.  With only 4 wheels, I wouldn't want to lose any.  4 chained steering wheels with a duster can do up to 3,240kg before it starts to slow down.

Has anyone been getting absolutely horrendous lag the past few days?  Not talking about connection, but the game running like dogshit.  In the past I've been running it at max settings with other games open and still get 60FPS, now crossout alone has often been taking every last bit of CPU power I have, sending my framerate to about 0.

I am basically maxed out on weight. I could upgrade the driver to increase the maximum weight by 500kg, and that would allow me to do it. Or, if I want to grind the hell out of lunatics, I could get more lightweight 2x4 frame pieces and use those instead, but that requires getting to level 11.....

Through extensive AFK time, I have already unlocked my blue box of the week.  Not only did I win a purple thing, but it's something that I was wanting regardless.

J8T2bkW.png

Also, I've copied your Exp farming build and did my own take on it, using stuff I already had laying around.  I've only got one horn, but the thing is fairly effective nonetheless.

7FTvnB5.jpg

2 hours ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

Through extensive AFK time, I have already unlocked my blue box of the week.  Not only did I win a purple thing, but it's something that I was wanting regardless.

J8T2bkW.png

Also, I've copied your Exp farming build and did my own take on it, using stuff I already had laying around.  I've only got one horn, but the thing is fairly effective nonetheless.

7FTvnB5.jpg

I like it!

I did upgrade my driver, and I swapped out the medium wheels for APC wheels. I made some other changes to the armor profile as well. All in all it's a pretty versatile build, as far as modifying the base for different power scores.

Now if you never said anything, I'd have thought I was copying you more than I really was.  I guess you did say hollow rectangle and not a split one.

This was my best attempt to apply the six 2x4 frame bits, though I do have to say that I like how my layout works.  Makes it easy to be efficient with hiding modules, haven't found the frame giving me any issues in battle.  If I wanted to swap around generators or add modules to work with an MG build, I could do so with minimal effort.  Also, lowering it to only four frame pieces is possible, just leaves whatever you have under the cabin less protected.  Even without frames adding HP soon, I think I'll keep it at six.

I mixed racing and APC wheels simply because at the time, I only had 2 of each and they're both fairly durable.  The rear armor setup that I have works pretty well too, it's very rare that I lose my generator early.

6Zy7Yrb.jpg

i0b5UDF.jpg

mShXskC.jpg

It does have some advantages over my original. The ability to hide more things inside the frame near the center of the vehicle is really nice, and each wheel gets it's own frame. It's happened a couple times that I have rammed things really hard and lost both front wheels because I lost the single frame piece that they were attached too. Also, I should swap over my grates that I use for side shelves to buggy grill like you have. It's an aesthetic inefficiency on my part to be using the grates, because they have a higher PS and do not contribute any HP to the vehicle.

Here is my lower PS version that doesn't have a generator. It has a standard radar detector and 3 chords, so it's very viable still.

xvq9vdq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy, I might have to fully embrace the split frame build. I can probably tune it further by replacing the middle frame sections with scav quarter walls. I could also either downgrade the generator and reduce my power score while keeping performance, or stack on even more weapons.....

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...