Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Crossout thread.

I have managed to build two mechanical legs so far. Building them requires a fair number of wheeled drones, so naturally I did the most cancerous thing and built a 4800PS carrier with 4 of the little bastards. 

At this point, I think they will have to just completely remove all AI based weapons, or limit them to one or two per build. Every match at every tier is absolutely filthy with drones, and it is getting to the point of driving away players.

I've never really kept track of what my best and worst battles have been, but this one certainly had about the outcome that I would expect.  If my cannon had its ammo capacity just a round or two higher, I would have won.  When I ran out of ammo, it was me with both of my tracks still versus a guy with no guns and missing most of his wheels.  The battle was almost over and going for a draw is lame, so I self-destructed myself.  Their last guy was lucky and managed to survive even though I was on top of him.

3VZ1goz.png

The bots also seem to do a good job of running into their own team mates, so I wish that they would actually give them some higher PS vehicles so they could do more than just push me out of cover.

Getting stuck under that walky thing sucks, screws with your camera like no tomorrow.  Also seems like I got freed up right as you all got off.

12 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

That not how Jihad works, @ApplesauceBandit. Where is Trump quotes of wisdom on it? Where is wishes to your enemy of eternal hell and torture?

Waiting for gaijin to add decals so I can do that.

I made some upgrades to my squad scout car. Previously, it had a purple weapon cooler and a blue radar detector, but I downgraded the weapon cooler to the blue one in order to upgrade the radar detector to the purple one. It can still cool off the specters from full overheat before they lose the damage bonus effect. I increased the detection range of my all seeing eye by 50% LOS, and more importantly the detection range through cover has been increased by 60%. The power score and HP pool remain the same between the two configurations, but the parts count increases, as well as the weight (but only by 29kg). The changes involved swapping the locations of the radar and the cooler. This should be an improvement, since the radar has over 400HP, and I found myself taking a fair amount of fire from the rear after performing a drive-by on unsuspecting victims. Hopefully it will act as a big block of armor that will prevent my cabin from taking as much damage. The last upgrade that I want to make involves swapping the medium wheels for APC wheels for the increased durability, but the weight increase will require getting the final upgrade to my driver.

We had a considerable amount of fun running in a squad today (colli, mogens, and myself), and the high mobility and radar proved to be incredibly valuable. So, for a very very slight sacrifice in DPM, my detection range and, more importantly, my detection area has increased by a disturbing amount.

eSWbt0B.jpg

Cut-away showing the important bits

AfqHgBl.jpg

I have also adopted Colli's War Tricycle. I have made some subtle changes to the base variant, and it sits at 1760PS. This is the War Tricycle "E" variant, called so because of the extra shielding that has been added to it. I nicknamed it Prince, because it's time to party like it's 1999.

mykdpxm.jpg

I need to get some more purple weapons so I can make myself some more interesting clubbers, but here's my seal slayer, sits at ~2600ps.  Chained wheels are really good for lower tier builds since they're still only 60ps a piece, yet are 35% more durable than medium wheels.  At such a low MM bracket, you're not really going to need to worry about the extra tonnage you get with medium wheels.  Starter wheels also have surprisingly high tonnage.

While this thing only has ~330 hp, the melee stuff at the front and the turret let you take a few more hits than you would be able to otherwise.

4mQbBMg.png

Also, just saw that one article they posted.  The price of electronics and wires has skyrocketted, electronics now going for over 2 shekels for a group of 10.  What isn't clear is how much more they're going to increase your raids per day, so I think I'll sell about half of what I make incase you can suddenly play a lot more.  Probably a good time to sell copper too, assuming you make just as much per raid as you do now.

8 hours ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

Also, just saw that one article they posted.  The price of electronics and wires has skyrocketted, electronics now going for over 2 shekels for a group of 10.  What isn't clear is how much more they're going to increase your raids per day, so I think I'll sell about half of what I make incase you can suddenly play a lot more.  Probably a good time to sell copper too, assuming you make just as much per raid as you do now.

Lol, they already rolled back the wires change.

I randomly woke up when I should have still been asleep, seems some higher power was telling me that the update dropped and that I should sell sell sell.  Stuff like the common MG or small wheels are going for a shekel a piece right now.  I also did not foresee them adding all the knights stuff for crafting, so rip that steel cavalry case I was hoarding to sell.  Lost half its value overnight.

24 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

I ran into this one as well.  Very strange.

I guess its so you can shoot the people chasing you?

Also the devs made a new premium pack with stuff from the Dawn Children. 4 hovers, a cabin, a few weapons, parts etc, but it also raises the parts count to 60.

....and it costs a whopping 70 euro, what the fuck Gaijin.