Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

This is my first post here in this forum, so hello all :D Since the Merkava series is my favorite tank series, i'm really excited to found this old documentary about the Merkava, tragically it is only in hebrew so i don't understand any word they say, but seeing rare films about the first merkavas, this makes me really happy :o

Cast turrets are most economical to produce, and lack welding weak spots, but steel tech improvements in plates has outpaced castings.

A reason to go from curved to flat is that the add on armour is simpler.

Vs

A reason to go from flat to curved is that there is weight improvements for internal space constraints.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Wiedzmin said:

and here is a turret of Mk.4

where and when both tank were loss ? and is there not cropped versions of both pics ?

For the Mk4 should be Lebanon 2006, the only confirmed instance of losses of Mk4s. IIRC,  about 5 Mk4 were totally destroyed back then, half of them from IEDs.

6 hours ago, alanch90 said:

For the Mk4 should be Lebanon 2006, the only confirmed instance of losses of Mk4s. IIRC,  about 5 Mk4 were totally destroyed back then, half of them from IEDs.

No. It's nice that there is the article about loses in 2 Lebanon war, but it's in Russian.