Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

What are we playing?

33 minutes ago, Vanagandr said:

Now that I have a computer that I'm confident can run it, I am probably going to get Rising Storm 2 when it goes on sale or I can otherwise justify the expense. Verdict on whether it's worth it from anyone else who has it?

I have played a couple games in it. I like it! Ideally you'd have like 4 dudes playing all on the same squad.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

And what game is this?

Factorio.  It's basically about managing a bunch of logistics stuff so you can make more things to eventually make a rocket.  Big bugs get unhappy and try to break your stuff the more you build, so you get to protect all your stuff from them as you work.

• 4 weeks later...

Command & Conquer 3 - Tiberium Wars single player mission design is terrible. Now i know why some type of RTS are not very popular - they are quickly becoming micromanagment hell.

In 5th or 6th mission you are supposed to defend base from unending stream NOD forces and in the same time trying to get trapped forces out, while having power supply shortage. So player supposed to use pre-build defence turret smartly - swithing them on and off to keep power consumption below power output of your 2 power plants.

But you need to keep an eye on 4 different directions from which enemy can assault, while trying to build forces to attack NOD base near yours that pumps AFVs at you, while trying to repair damaged turrets, maintain defence forces in reasonable shape while having no ability to build structures. I don't know who decided that this is a fun mission because my "Clicks per minute" is not enough to keep base alive on medium difficulty.  

16 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Any 'Combat Missions' gamers here?

2.jpg

sherman-1_th.jpg

syifxb9_tn.png

overview_1.jpg

http://www.battlefront.com/

I really like the CM  games, the originals more then CM Normandy, but the new one thats coming out or just came out looks great.   I just don't have the coin right now to get it. 

Final Blitzkrieg is the latest title IIRC, it's a decent game but I find myself mostly messing around with their older titles Afghanistan & Shock Force, mostly in anticipation of the forthcoming CM:SF II (which should be the dog's danglies).....I'm slowly building a series of scenarios covering the fighting in Mosul:

5rwLGCr.jpg           XV9uSvC.jpg

CwR8JCj.jpg

liPiEmT.jpg

FT7CrMA.jpg

• 1 month later...

Anyone else out there who just can't stand turn-based RPGs? I have tried and tried to play some of the greats - Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Divinity Original Sin, and I just don't have any patience for most of them. DOS I can at least play for a while thanks to its strategy, but the others - whyyyyyy is the action turn-based? Real time action had been figured out by the early 1990s, so it's baffling to me that a game like Fallout (1997) would be turn-based like it is when Diablo (1996) plays along with a similar degree of strategy in real time.

And I just don't have the patience for that. It's boring.