Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

What are we playing?

Battle for Paris continues. While our best Shpetsnaz battalion is busy with obliteration of Euroweaklings, Hotdog eaters also were busy with slowly advancing on southern part of Europe. But i am still commited to a siege of Paris, the capital of pseudo-democrats. 

3shTYVa.png

Spoiler

mbdASQM.png

Enemy commander changed, now it is Claude Moreau. Never fought him before, according to the briefing he is more into a defensive tactics. His battalion is ranked same as my, so it should be rather hard fight. This time Rodina given us a task to annihilate Cheese eaters and don't bother with hacking their elections.

mbdASQM.png

Place of our meeting is the same as last time. My plan is different, though - concentrate forces in the middle (including infantry, as there is plenty of cover there) and hold on until my opponent will run out of forces and no longer have numerical advantage of numerical parity. After that - slowly advance to left and right flanks, using artillery to soften or totaly destroy Euroforces leftovers. Enemy commander claimed to be not bad at defence, let's make him to attack me instead of testing his skills on his ground. We will ee how it goes.

qpn0J7c.png

First wave of deployed forces consist of 2 squads of combat engineers to upgrade uplinks and get ability to unleash electronic warfare attack on Euroweaklings. Then they will put mines and prepare ambushes in the middle, cover artillery and act as second line of defences. 2 SPG platoons will be main long range mighty fist of Motherland. Tanks will provide conter-attack block and IFV smashing capability.

SwwYjlB.png

Traditionally, suicide copters arrived to get filled with AA missiles. This time - 8 Eurocopters in the same time.

QEKwfcp.jpg

pw8ozDU.jpg

This group is cought in a crossfire of 2 SPAAGs, Kamovs and tanks. They will disappear from existance in few short moments.

gaNH9C8.jpg

Euroforces concentrated on other side of the river, as last time. Artillery will deal with them. Helicopters are there to spot targets.

FkfHMPK.jpg

IFVs are providing AA protection for command vehicle, that for some reason arrived in the middle.

l80b2qu.jpg

Tanks are tasked with clearing Cheese-eaters that cover command vehicle, while artillery is busy with creative use of explosive for city roads rearrangement.

XRytjlf.jpg

There is a factory somewhere in Paris that poops those things every 30 seconds. At least we have a factory that makes 30 mm AC shells much faster! Command vehicle looks like changed it's mind and now tries to escape from a warm Russian Shpetsnaz welcome from 2 tank platoons and 2 SPG batteries. 

sy7O2NQ.jpg

Suicide rotorbladewagons are nearly done. My plan is working as Claude is trying to attack, and he is not good at it. 

18ghy4D.jpg

Only 1 salvo from artillery is separating Claude's command truck from becoming part of Paris architecture.

JyjCEcw.jpg

Artillery is also mixing Euroregulars with dirt. W hile i was busy in other place, deflecting attack on our right flank, tank platoon under number 8 was cought in crossfire from helicopters and enemy tanks and suffered loses, but did not lost combat capabilities. Position D was lost, but i don't really care as it is not crucial.

Fk3Om7y.jpg

Artillery continues to rule battlefields with their steel grip, leaving only smoldering evidence of their power over ground self-propelled targets.

QNC4Lxg.jpg

Claude tries to attack from our left flank this time, but he drives his wheeled deathtraps right into my big group of Shpetsnaz soldiers and AFVs. Our defencive formation works - tanks on the front, near the river, behind them - SPAAGs, behind SPAAGs - area for artillery to maneuver. Infantry is covering this area for SPGs from flanks (triangles visible near F and B on map).

oAZEGV9.jpg

How many times you need to lose gunships to understand that they don't work against us? They were quickly destroyed.

afxELMk.jpg

No enemies visible. Time to recon and try to re-take D.

yBL4YZL.png

Euro cannon meat maneuvers on their side of river. Nothing too important for now.

TtGoQbr.jpg

Yet another group of Eurocopters is trying to see how long it takes fo our AA system to land them. Number 1 assigned as 1st spotted foe from active enemy units.

DOKBQSt.jpg

Euroinfantry tried to cross this bridge, using their stealth bullshit "we are not spotted" tactics. Groundfire doesn't care, mr. Claude!

Z0Pk0gT.jpg

This squad of regular army infantry decided to stay in cover on their side of the bridge, but not for long as Shpetsnaz artillery have objections to this idea, which they will loudly announce.

uAb1YMU.png

One of hundreds of gunship group that we destroyed. This pile of incompetence is in a hurry to add themselves to our long list of shot down air threats.

ZP4bhVO.jpg

Claude attack timing is just enough for SPAAGs to reload their missiles, HAHAHA! You are an idiot, Claude!

fsC7p8O.jpg

After skies were cleared, no mo enemies to defeat was in LOS of my forces. Infantry was pushed futher to flanks, but i keep AFVs close, as some of them received damage (don't want them to be an easy pray for gunships). Kamovs were sended for recon mission.

UhEbz0C.png

zHyDFI8.png

4yglcg8.jpg

Evac chopper going back after picking up survivors from shot down gunships.

l9JGhLl.jpg

p4Fuk2z.png

Frenchies scrambled their recources and pooped out yet more of those piles of rotorblades. Kamovs are luring them to SPAAGs.

K9Dqpor.jpg

EW in action - those choppers are Hacked by Russianstm and for a short time are easy pray for anybody with a gun. Kamovs are turning back to participate in bullying of those Euroweaklings.

hgwdCkX.jpg

Regular infantry spotted by combat engineers on right flank, artillery will deal with them a little bit later, after i will enjoy another piles of trash being dealt with.

O035biN.jpg

8Oy9XC6.jpg

Combat engineers spotted a group of Euro light infantry, shaking in fear between few trees. They were gunned down while running away from engineers and their flamethrowers. Red effect is from Claude being desperate and pressing WMD red button few hundred times.

RNCOuzV.jpg

I didn't manage to guess a timing of his Space laser strike, but we have no KIAs at least. At this point of battle it was obvious that enemy can't deploy any series amount of forces, so i probably should had all forces to be spread out already. Although, even if Eurolosers had anybody on the ground, i could easily call for reinforcements, as it was avaliable in numbers.  

JXWaWvv.jpg

BUHAHAHA! They lost so quickly after using laser that i didn't had time to drop my big ass missile on them! Probably there were nobody to kill with it anyway!

Qf6C8kF.jpg

Euroweaklings lost so fast after laser strike that laser attack is even visible on battle report map, hahaha. Another quote from Napoleon. Yes, i stuck with my idea of creating big pile of AFVs in the middle, worked great until it was hit by Space Laser.

OQQeVXW.png

Only 1 battle left to take Paris and end Eurolosers. Cowboys are still advancing along southern coast. Our breaktrhough in northen part of Europe was very usefull for us, as this war is taking too much time before getting results.

Today battle were useless in my EndWar singleplayer. Americans were advancing in southern regions of Europe, and i decided to stop their push. First attempt was almost a victory that enemy snatched from us in last minte (literally), and second victory was also useless as gains in our battle for Paris were partially rolled back (3 victories are needed to capture enemy nation capital, i done 2/3, after battle it went to 1/3). I don't want to play on same map 4 times, especially when Americans will just take back their lost territories anyway. Decided to continue Paris operation via save files, after mission in the south was done 2 times, but that will be not today.

NqaWt4Y.png

Spoiler

Y26E1eg.png

First time fighting Mike Kim. Fluid tactics and artillery. Don't have good plan on this map, will capture B, F, A and then either Y or L. Foxtrot is likely to be a chokepoint and concentration of enemy attacks.

seye0wg.png

Usual suspects are here, but helicopters will be a must, as they will work against Cowboys artillery.

paa6Lyt.jpg

Did you know that Albania = oil industry everywhere?

dIwYbDI.jpg

d2w20WL.png

Americans don't suicide their helicopters in first seconds of operations.

OfWa2ng.jpg

More time for us to hack things.

IvmTXnu.jpg

FUbKwaB.jpg

That is a lot of regular US army cannon meat.

RHB8v06.jpg

SPGs are there. Kamovs will be used to destroy this artillery at any cost.

o2Qf1dq.jpg

Didn't had enough time to put mines in entrances, enemies are bursting into this compound. Close range artillery supports looks cool, though.

5Y69Kmq.jpg

Oil on fire and EMPs.

MOLrmIk.jpg

American SPGs are too close to let them live. Tanks are goung to charge and crush them. 

bKEG0HD.jpg

mIjSoOd.jpg

7YJPbtT.jpg

Gunships and tanks tried to save SPGs, but too late. 

KvwQUYA.jpg

Under artillery fire from other group of SPGs. Didn't paid attention to A and lost it, hence defeat timer.

ud11EsD.jpg

Too many helicopters.

MThGRxp.jpg

Seriously.

ETAo8w5.jpg

Another attack attempt. This place is for sure is very hot on combat.

n6KDshi.jpg

Re-capturing A, defeat timer stopped.

95Nxw07.jpg

mYLvTit.jpg

Enemy used their WMD, i am trying to pay back. My timing was off - he called a lot of gunships moments after shockwave from missile ended.

CIFYqzH.png

J1e3OLB.jpg

My opponent launched his last attack and i have no SPAAGs on the field to counter his choppers spam.

fAby2mP.jpg

Rare to see my SPGs damaged, but that was from helicopters.

cUBXodD.png

Too many of your f-cking gunships!

B0W9FFR.jpg

At this point American infantry captured F and my defeat timer resumed, didn't had much left (less than 2 minutes) to do anything, so i re-started operation.

2nd attempt. Another commander this time.

HZRiFoX.png

Spoiler

ZcnXDY8.jpg

gPNWeRl.jpg

Ehq7FOb.jpg

jMKuEym.jpg

Central area is going to be major point of fighting.

nqrD4Ew.jpg

Tanks are going to clear area from US regulars. Combat engineers are going to take B and come back to F after it is secure.

dunh9LV.jpg

Some of regular US army infantry is trying to play hide and seek in forests nearby.

1KBkUgf.jpg

US attack with tanks and IFVs, they tried to push with artillery support but failed, many times actually.

H1yI5yI.jpg

9QhdOVA.jpg

SPGs are found and their fate is going in one predictable direction.

J3jBr1f.jpg

SEhQ1O8.jpg

Light infantry is sneaking through forests, managed to find US combat engineers and now we are fighting them in short distances. Shpetsnaz infantry is using underbarrel grenade launchers against foe.

ra8wBhz.jpg

Light infantry have an edge vs combat engineers (hard counter, if in cover)

sDPPmty.jpg

In the same time opponent is trying to capture this part of oil refinery, again.

IrUXmqW.jpg

SPGs are best AT weapon.

CvVJXYS.jpg

Light infantry is going to take Y, tanks are advancing to support them.

RrPAXWf.jpg

0ky0ucC.jpg

After capturing Y enemy is going to use WMD against us.

xE9Y7we.jpg

I was affraid of higher loses.

8ttKvgr.jpg

Chokepoint is well covered with mines. Ground forces will have hard time getting through 2 minefields without taking serious damage.

kOwKinN.jpg

Gunships tried to destroy tank platoons, but got destroyed themselves. Hehehe.

x7eQPXZ.jpg

RHD8PaS.jpg

Last US attempt to take F and stop my victory.

j598FvC.jpg

BaQJJXG.png

fzPdgeo.png

70c5vF4.png

da3DPVc.jpg

ZGKLqSn.jpg

DPfubGF.png

oCbMqjp.png

Random crap.

Spoiler

L6F966R.png

I am yet to use "Deep strike" ability of light infantry, when they are going behind enemy lines using this Mi-24-esque thing.

nShNw4w.jpg

EU command vehicle

J42HBF3.jpg

And eco-friendly killer bots that protect command vehicle.

3rd battle for Paris. We were fighting a long and hard war to get here. Euroweaklings are just 1 step away from becoming Eurolosers. 1 step away from becoming defeated and deleted from this war. Just 1 batttle to end their ability to fight, make them totally irrelevant and capable of only to hold on few regions left under EU control in British islands. This battle will be hardest fight so far, as Euroweaklings are going to throw everything they have against our Glorious Shpetsnaz 20th Armored Battalion. We can't lose this battle. We must win it and slaughter remains of EU Army, crush their manpower and deliver a war-changing victory for our Rodina!

Y2jwaXt.png

Victory in Siege of Paris will allow Russia to threaten US advances in France and Central Europe. We will be able to flank them from north and push Cowboys back from Ramsteinovskaya and other regions near it into Italy. The only foothold Americans will have if we will manage to execute our plan will be Spain, with the only way to clear it being blunt frontal attack from France. But those are future plans, let's focuse on last operation against EU forces in Paris.

Spoiler

Id3VpgO.png

I see they even brought Alexis Matz to command a defence of their capital. Good choice, but they should have tried it much earlier! Unlike all previous battles, this one does not require us to hack 50% +1 server hubs. We will be able to win if: A) Uplink A is captured by Shpetsnaz or B) Nobody is left alive to defend Paris. My plan was shaped by lack of information on level of defence Euroweaklings deployed in this operation.

At first, a tank rush with few APCs/SPAAGs with combat engineers was considered to cut down time for enemy to respond, but i was worried about Matz's high number of SPGs that he likes to use in some of battles i had against him. Even if i will be able to get to point A, he could wipe out infantry that tries to secure it, which will put me in bad situation as i will need to call and then sneak more infantry from my initial LZ through majoirty of enemy territory and then try again to hack point A. Not a best plan.

bymz437.png

My final plan was to advance slow but with a such pressure and firepower that Shpetsnaz onslaught will be unstoppable for our desperate opponent. There is no defensive tactics or holding chokepoints in this battle - we need to assault their side of the river and push deep. This is why battalion is deploying high number of infantry for urban combat on European-controlled side of the river, but in order to get there they will need serious firepower support. This means SPGs and tanks. MBTs will be called to this operation some time after initial phase of capturing F and D. European artillery units must be countered with helicopters, at any cost, as Matz is using them way to efficient to leave them exist for too long. Command vehicle will be useable to shield artillery from gunships, launch armed UAV to recon, harass our foe, and provide some firesupport for infantry.

9CXqeZA.jpg

Operation begins. 10 minutes before European regular army will flood this city. Also, European Enforces/Alexis will get way more troops as well. But i am not going to chase this time limit and risk losing battle or units.

9z93YUx.png

As a briefing image showed - central bridge was repaired and now i can use it. Infantry will push through it and establish forward positions. From it there are just a few houses that separates us from our target. Not sure what to do with Zulu Zhara and Lima Leto. Fighting will be concentrated probably near Whiskey Whishnoe so tanks parked on quay/road near the river will be a not bad idea. Zhara will be closer to them and faster to assault.

aftuTCa.jpg

Playing bait for Eurocopters. Alexis doesn't waste his helicopters as easily as other EU commanders. He didn't took my bait, need to find another way to deal with Eurocopters.

WCoZt7D.jpg

Light infantry is slowly advancing to Fedya. Capturing it will allow to us to upgrade our hacking capabilities and we will be able to disable any vehicle for short period of time with special EMP superior Russian hacking of enemy AFVs WiFi. Taking into account that we don't have air support, or regular army units avaliable to help us in this battle, this special AOE soft-type of attack will be very usefull.

2DJdEBg.jpg

Europeans managed to establish significant defence in key locations on their side of the city. Each building is protected by eco-friendly killer bots and automatic turrets. "Rush A" tactics would have had problems, at least for infantry. 

CFrzkqf.png

Artillery is clearing hostile side of the bridge, infantry will assault here later.

WNbLAIN.jpg

Almost done. I am sure that more of those things are there, waiting for us to make a mistake.

K32o6c6.jpg

Alexis is still not committed to a direct flight. Helicopters spotted combat engineers and flying away now. He is probably scouting. I know you, Alexis, you are preparing for serious artillery bombardment of Shpetsnaz forces! Russian forces are not advancing too fast, as if they are not supported by other units, Alexis will try to hunt them down. Tanks were called in, they will arrive about in the same time as we will approach central bridge.

djwwMEq.jpg

Ha! I knew that, Matz. At any cost your artillery will be wiped out!

8l27FZh.png

Helicopters are going to attack, but we need to find a good moment for this. Meanwhile infantry took Fedya, and on the way to Dima. Tanks are getting closer to their positions, to clear a way for infantry.

WQGAO26.jpg

And it started. Alexis started to fire on my artillery, so Kamovs were rushed to attack. EMP Superior Russian hacking disabled SPGs and left them open for Kamovs and counter-artillery barrage. We have not much time left, so it is a good moment to destroy what Europeans have on the ground, especially their Special forces units under Alexis command.

2c7BDGy.jpg

Destroy them at any cost! Our victory lies on this moment!

Z57tqOl.jpg

WIPE THEM OUT AT ANY COST!

XCp6GE0.jpg

Kamovs did their job, we pulled European's fangs. Helicopters are defeated, but they will see another battle after new vehicles will be delivered to our battalion. Alexis is trying to retaliate, but it is too late. Infantry and AA HMGs on tanks are good AA coverage for SPGs.

eCs66Qi.jpg

We have not much time left before shitshow of Euroweaklings hordes. Tanks are going to shell other side of the river and we will have hust a few moments to sneak infantry in forward positions, to act as a spotters for artillery and deal damage to those who get too close to them.

P8wRmJJ.jpg

Few hostiles left are in the area of planned breach, tanks are crushing them with their main calibers.

m6eZjJa.jpg

tSPJ6V2.jpg

Matz tries to flank us with his tanks, SPGs are going to counter this attempt. If they will maange to get close, tanks and combat engineers will finish them easily.

VM5MMBG.jpg

Last infantry squad to kill before our assault.

DExK3DY.jpg

We have less than a minute to prepare for European hordes. Hordes of EU SFs under Alexis command and vast fields of cannon meat of regular EU army.

wsrQ8RI.jpg

Their attack begun with SPAAAACE LAZER attack, Alexis choice was logical - SPGs. SPAAG was disabled as well, was too close. Hordes of Eurocopters are visible, infantry is in place. Time for close range support with giant strategical missiles! Main battle is just starting, Euroweaklings! I WILL BREAK YOU!

DXu6WIQ.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA! We hit 4 units at least by this well-timed mushroom cloud!

dTMeWO0.jpg

Combat engineers arriving to provide AT and AA support for light infantry. Disabled vehicles and their crews are being evacuated. First wave was defeated easily, but now we will have much harder time. Another group of helicopters are ready to counter SPGs, if Alexis is going to deploy them.

OeMXQ2T.jpg

Yes, at least 4 units were hit by our glorious missile. Second wave will arrive shortly.

S6nUjE0.jpg

At the same time tanks are pushing to Zhara point to flank Europeans, but their regular army reinforcements are already near the bridge. We need to push here as well, as infantry in the middle area may not be able to hold on without artillery support.

VsHPDGy.jpg

Hordes of Europeans are here! NO STEP BACK! FIGHT GLORIOUSLY FOR MOTHERLAND, SHPETSNAZ SOLDIERS! DEFEAT DEGENERATE EUROPEAN LIARS! NO ARTILLERY SUPPORT MEANS MORE EUROPEANS  FOR YOU TO KILL!

Mg7FDLo.jpg

Kamovs are assisting to infantry. Engineers probably would be able to deal with those tanks, but Alexis is using them as a meat shield for his SPGs, that just arrived to this battlefield. Also, our battalion is also bringing in more of SPGs.

DltuhgY.jpg

Artillery MUST BE STOPPED! Light infantry is retreating/evacuating, i don't want KIA during this battle, especially experienced infantry units. 

SlsGTxr.jpg

...AT ANY COST!

zZxvmck.jpg

47aghYb.jpg

N3wF18A.jpg

Artillery is in their positions and starting their HE delivery service. This place is a burial ground. It seems that Shpetsnaz managed to secure breachgap and it is a time to expand it and assault futher.

rSfR5kt.png

Tanks are going to reinforce combat engineer squad, that suffered casualties. SPGs and Kamovs are providing support for them. Engineers are hacking Whishnoe. Alexis, this battle is lost for you!

9X0yhez.jpg

In order to distract Alexis from Whishnoe, second assault task force is pusing server hub Zhara. Tanks are being supported by light infantry and combat engineers, so it should be able to survive any counter attacks from any kind of units, with exception of artillery.

B9tahgH.jpg

Euroweaklings engineers are cought in the open by tanks in the central area. They are not goign to live for long, obviously. Yes, Europeans are just few minutes away from becoming Eurolosers, they can't orginize serious counter attack. In fact, i suspect that Shpetsnaz forces near Whishnoe are located just meters away from European SF LZ. 

tWF2U0n.jpg

Gunships that are trying to suicide themselves into our AA defence? Alexis is desperate. Also, SPAAGs and Command vehicle are going to reinforce central part of this battlefield.

CLXuXvW.jpg

IcHrkVl.jpg

My plan to distract Alexis worked - second group of choppers are on the way to Zhara. 

GYHKSzp.png

...and they are not easy target to gun down for your choppers, Matz!

sw17gs0.jpg

After infantry AA rockets damaged them, Eurocopters are trying to retreat. But SPAAGs are not giving them a chance to survive.

kgctSzB.jpg

European helicopter dropped infantry right in the middle of Shpetsnaz troops. Really bad idea...

q1Akftc.jpg

Another victim of desperate attempts to turn this battle into something other than a total Shpetsnaz victory.

X6EZeOa.jpg

Command vehicle was usefull because of armed UAV it have, giving me good recon and some damage output on any part of this slaughterfield.

mxBuPY5.jpg

One of last units that Euroweaklings have. I smell Glorious victory!

V1ZYAPk.jpg

Buildings are collapsing from amount of fire they received during this battle.

k2uP7py.jpg

Combat engineers killed last of Euroweaklings unit. This is not only total victory in Siege of Paris, but my personal victory over Alexis Matz, best Eurolosers commander!

WICEnAV.jpg

Artillery tries to get more badges before end of this mission by picking easy pray to shell into the dirt.

PvPQXkf.jpg

6e0GUnS.png

YES! Euroweaklings are now Eurolosers! EU is defeated!

MpwNytV.jpg

Regular EU army units near position A. Didn't had to assault it, as it turns out murdering all EU SFs is more than enough. Those formations would have been easy to clear for artillery.

CLa7rXL.jpg

Near point Zhara, tanks with infantry support were holding pretty well against few EU SFs that tried to counter their attack. Also, lots of regular army AFVs were defeated on the way to Zhara.

GdDqAnw.jpg

This amount of Eurohordes was on the way to Zhara, Shpetsnaz tanks smashed through them, littering battlefield with burned husks of slaughtered Eurolosers.

OtcMXu3.jpg

Central area is total graveyard of Eurolosers.

yKnnfuc.jpg

hd10mCr.jpg

466uQ6T.png

"B"? I bet this is because of slow Victory instead of quick defeat, and because of 5 units that were defeated during this battle. Although no KIA. 20 minutes long slaughter of Eurolosers hordes... that was exhausting battle, actually.

94biKVg.png

This is one of main reason to hold on your units and try to avoid any serious casualties, use retreat or evacuate when units suffered loses - they are getting experience and abilities.

NbHlyq4.png

Yes, this will be usefull.

tkvio1q.png

Another Legendary platoon was lost in one of battles, sadly.

fTpBxgI.png

So far in 28 battles 398 enemy units were defeated, we suffered 5 KIA. This mean almost 80 enemies per 1 killed of our battalion. SHPETSNAZ IS STRONG!

lsXXj5I.png

Situation so far after Eurolosers suffered total defeat in their capital. Paris opens a way to push into southern France. Probably i need to take Ramsteinovskaya back but US forces are trying to attack Sevastopol, again.

3Os66p2.png

Majority of US controlled regions is in Southern Europe. Is this strange that in this game European force was defeated by fighting on 2 frontlines against Russia and US?

Some random crap about US faction in EndWar.

Spoiler

pMcBjz6.png

Playing skirmish mode vs 2 AIs with help of 1 AI commander on our side.

US artillery is funny. It is both artillery and.... MRLS.

VKvIFUL.jpg

KP58ybt.jpg

When moving, gun barrel is separated from gun breach.

IRzQOXy.jpg

mvugfUN.jpg

Combat mode.

And now - MRLS full salvo!

mqtk5K0.jpg

SamaeXT.png

MJl3QEy.jpg

xjp5zw4.jpg

Russian infantry looks like they are from Second Chechnya war, while US have Space forces with exoskeletons, lol.

I1G4o6K.jpg

I like how American command vehicle have baby UGVs as protection, while Russian counterpart have conscripts. Taking into account that those things are balanced against each other and have about same combat effectvness, either our conscripts are as good as armored drone with gatling gun, or that UGV is as terrible as some conscripts.

CR72XId.jpg

zYBq0D7.jpg

After our Glorious victory in Paris and total defeat of Eurolosers, it is time to clash with Americans. They were advancing in southern parts of Europe, and reached Sevastopol. Our Shpetsnaz battalion was tasked with defence of Navy base, again. 

This operation was done 2 times because during first battle one of my helicopter unit was shot down over water, which is automatically counted in this game as KIA, and i didn't liked it. Both times we won, but 2nd attempt was needed so i don't have to deal with rookie gunship crews that don't know what "rocket pods" are for.

1st battle.

NdN2oIf.jpg

Spoiler

27iis4j.png

Map is familiar, tactics is the same - secure chokepoints and funnel enemies into crossfire on the bridge in the central part of this map. Last time we needed to secure buildings and prevent their destruction IIRC, but this time our job is to establish bitcoin mining superiority and capture more server hubs than Cowboys. Opponent is also familiar, so not many surprises are expected.

Zt07xhf.png

Decided to test new early game deployment composition. Idea is to get as many servers/uplinks as possible in early game and prepare for attack by placing minefields. Generally this mission will be more infantry-heavy. We will see how this works.

ajsWrSO.jpg

ExiaVDJ.jpg

Helicopters will be used for recon, hit and run attacks and artillery counter.

d8lyiwq.png

Regulars of the US Army are spotted, they are most likely to be supported by JSF. American invaders will be murdered without mercy!

KQlTaka.png

Artillery is using regulars as spotters. Not bad, but i will not allow this group of SPG to sit on their asses.

KzIU7ze.png

Americans started their barrage, Kamovs are already going to shut them down with a lot of explosives.

0OWUY5n.png

Hey, Americans decided to use southern path. This is new, we need to counter their landgrab of our Matherland!

AZVHrjZ.png

Artillery is going to be killed quickly.

3JFZR6s.png

Enemy gunships are trying to counter, by Kamovs have a deathgrip on artillery throats.

rykQLnl.png

Job is done, Kamovs are retreating under cover of combat engineers and their AA weapons.

P8lcJMf.png

Early server hacking allows to call airsupport early in operations. We are using it to send those gunships to the bottom of this seaport.

SZ84Ydo.png

Kamovs spotting big targets for artillery. We are clearing southern route as much as possible, will send a recon group of Shpetsnaz soldiers to deal with what is left.

DIo9UkI.png

Switchblade Svirepiy is now on the important mission to hunt down infantry that is left in this area. Americans are there for sure, they are trying to capture Yanov. Svirepiy will be alone in this battle, and only their skill can help them to complete their task.

mjTGHmy.jpg

Kamovs and rest of forces are fighting with attackers in the center, so nobody here can counter American push in the southern part of Sevastopol Nave base.

yb5JnPZ.jpg

Svirepiy cautiously moving through cargo zone of seaport, surrounded by hundreds of containers. Hard terrain to get through, with plenty of places where enemy can wait to ambush Shpetsnaz soldiers.

x0fO9m7.jpg

In the same time, a slaughter on the bridge of death continues. Americans will not advance here, but will find their place to rest for eternity!

btJL3sF.png

Airsupport continues to punish imperialist invaders!

4tnHxcO.jpg

Svirepiy spotted combat engineers on position Yanov. We will ambush them.

URCWG1h.jpg

Sniper is picking some of Cowboys infantry (his green laser is visible), making them panic and run away from defencible position. Great moment to finish them if they will continue to run in the open, far from good cover.

8AvSGRr.jpg

Svirepiy is waiting for enemy to make even more mistakes. Artillery is going to send HE on their heads.

rsY5cSA.jpg

Yes, continue to do stupid things.

8kyoM6W.jpg

Squad is opening a hail for fire, engineers were finished in few nanoseconds.

rfwrVAf.png

Svirepiy is hacking Yanov and is deleting American-installed software.

mE3mika.png

Using a moment Kamovs tries to recon situation on other side of the Bridge of Death. Artillery is shelling Siren', as i suspect that burger-eatering infantry is there.

CAWfe3p.jpg

79zfgEd.png

I was right!

zxaeXX9.png

Kamovs were shot down, nad were KIA because their rotorcrafts dropped into a water. Paul was triggered by my attack and tries to spam even more gunships. Is he an Euroloser under his American skin?

LcRhAXm.png

Russian soldiers are very strong.

g0vegmH.png

Airsupport reminded another group of gunships why flying without Russian license is a bad idea. Take that, imperialist dog!

hFpKM3t.png

Qu0U1BP.png

Next target for Svirepiy.

LJwU1Fv.jpg

On northen flank Regular army is fighting with JSF IFV with airsupport. Combat engineers are in the second line, waiting for attackers on our minefields.

sZn4ijM.jpg

Svirepiy continue to secure southern route. 

dK4QSH7.png

WIll try to capture position Zhara.

xp3NDOU.png

Svirepiy was found and now 2 gunships group are trying to kill them. Probably should have had combat engineers behind them.

QmYbGQC.png

SPAAGs are trying to help light infantry.

v4T2r7S.jpg

Light infantry is evacuating, enemy gunships are killed.

LdFNe4i.jpg

Another group of infantry is going to cover southern route, this time with SPAAG support.

iWlTHvo.png

We will try to get to Z and hack it. This will mean a victory for our Glorious Rodina.

1xqNMR0.png

As a distraction, a big number of regular army units were called in.

7FHZIR2.jpg

They will push middle area, so we can get to "S".

LlCoVvQ.png   Rybalko is relocating as well, covering regular army soldiers. Artillery will be reposition, and combat engineers will leave their nice guard towers and run through rains to hack S.

Svdriuq.jpg

Zhara was hacked, Americans tryied to counter with their WMD. I will retaliate with our bigass missile!

60J6dTS.jpg

9nj75GR.jpg

Artillery is changing positions, engineers are on the way to S. Enemies re-capturing Z, postponing their inevitable defeat.

B4wPxvt.png

AtaYDRh.jpg

JgcIL4w.jpg

Invaders are very angry with out SPGs, launching counter attack with 2 gunships groups. They will be destroyed, we will not allow victory of Americans on Motherland soil!

GxihJX5.jpg

qa2bH0K.png

ZaVYxWN.png

4pc0V49.jpg

Engineers hacked S, victory is again just a matter of few minutes. Cowboys are assaulting S with tanks.

XFlrsJk.jpg

P80hKte.png

EIwLRBB.jpg

TtcwtA2.png

2nd battle.

Spoiler

eUSTHw3.png

Another familiar face. Tactics on this map are slightly changed - more attention to southern path and will change my supports, instead of using advanced regular army support, will use more powerfull airsupport attack.

a5PzYxe.png

Still testing all-infantry deployment.

HsNB3Px.jpg

ca12DzO.png

Vultures are already in the air.

tY2QzY5.jpg

q1j3RFi.png

Place of meeting is in a traditional spot.

AV6zycB.jpg

Engineers are preparing minefields in the northern chokepoint.

5uHSsRG.jpg

CCdzD8q.png

Minefield for "ohhh shit" situation if bigmac invaders will manage to burst through defence line.

4bI9OFD.jpg

I like guided bombs attacks.

7s8ZEr8.jpg

rhFxkJc.jpg

Suicide attack was met with flames of war. Marcus is wasting his units, and he don't have unlimited supply of Americans to lose.

agWbpWm.jpg

Tanks, IFVs and infantry now clearing southern way. Svirepiy infantry squad in 1st battle was able to clear it almost completely by themselves, until horde of gunships arrived.

t5Od6th.png

Another test subject of our guided bombs.

7NKB2KL.jpg

Idiots tried to charge through minefields.

aFCnZjk.jpg

WMD exchange.

zcVMUA0.png

Can't get through, Mr. Marcus?

8CwZRkl.jpg

Attack in southern path is going well, Americans like their choppers way too much.

Vmwn4HV.png

41VgrU8.png

tw2Drwo.jpg

dFiY7pb.jpg

LGTnzWT.jpg

QTnRRtl.png

uQPbC7v.png

Q2kxYbk.png

After defeat of Eurolosers, we have time to hit Americans. Cowboys are trying to use a moment and attack US regions, captured by Shpetsnaz in attempt to take them back. We need to expand our territory to create a buffer between attacking American forces and those regions, from which we will launch our operation against last EU-controlled territories.

o6bUYyU.png

Spoiler

bGHI59Z.png

Our old opponent. Not very good, we can run some experiments in unit composition in this battle as well. Main fighting will be for position Z, but central area is rather big and enemy likes to use choppers to hunt down isolated groups.

gU3sq9z.png

Thats why at least 1 SPAAGs is needed. Light infantry will be usefull to clear village near Z, while combat engineers can try to lock down enemies in resort area, as it is on the way from Imperialist LZ to server hub Z.

T2W1YiQ.jpg

Camo ability should help to light infantry to sneak to their positions.

jw8gr2Q.jpg

So much of Maskirovka that soldiers become transparent for visible light!

4Q216TU.jpg

Middle area will be a spot where infantry can't hit targets, tanks will be needed to close this gap.

ZKkBhSQ.jpg

VBLtXsc.jpg

US regular army cannon meat, can be dangerous when in cover. Kamovs are softening them before they can get into good position.

c4AIeSu.jpg

e3chyrT.jpg

Enemy is trying to push as far as he can. To bad, tanks and SPGs are on the way to this battlefield.

ga4rm4j.jpg

Vvue1C0.jpg

Airstrike will help with hostile SPGs. Americans will not win this battle!

xppASXp.jpg

Central part of this map is becoming a slaughterhouse.

xKUkx8h.jpg

g0UAFdc.jpg

Combat engineers were cought before reaching resorts, but we manage to shot down gunships.

HwZT498.jpg

Combat engineers are fighting with attackers, making them a static targets for SPGs.

pQH60vG.jpg

IFVs are trying to repeat a fate of tanks behind them.

vJZE90V.jpg

Central Slaughter continues to eat platoons and squads.

pxd6CjJ.jpg

DBtJUTh.jpg

PSrn3DE.jpg

gbuzga0.jpg

KWGRCoP.jpg

cN3Bybf.jpg

XbSsui7.jpg

e8hQ6Iz.jpg

That battle was dumb meatgrinder. Stupid Hotdog eaters!

3bvfY9A.png

After securing more territory from Americans, we have time to clear remains of EU forces. Some of them are becoming cocky again and are trying to attack parts of New Russia in America. High command decided to focus on Eurolosers and finally crush them. Our Shpetsnaz battalion was chosen for this mission to wipe all Eurolosers from the map of the world once and for all! Because we need to focus forces against them, Americans will have easier times with taking their land back, so we need to advance as fast as possible to not loose much.

CsDSp1n.png

Spoiler

R4eJLvB.png

Familiar battlefield. Don't remember this commander of Euroloser forces, but this will not be a hard battle. Plan is to capture L, S and F first and than take both Alpha and Delta points to make our victory especially glorious!

a1uU5jI.png

No experiments this time, we need to push on 2 flanks in the same time and our usual task force composition is well suited for such battles.

DaubKeK.jpg

Load up! Time to run down remains of European snake!

lsZgW5k.jpg

qOmWztQ.gif

Qsgn7q7.jpg

vYeo8Wm.jpg

Tanks are overlooking place of future battle

GxVvwpt.jpg

Engineers are ready to hack something.

mED1lOJ.jpg

SPAAGs are going to catch gunships and clean aea for tanks to roll in.

62cedVd.jpg

Tanks arrive and wait for greenlight. They will crush enemy IFVs.

elBthim.jpg

Time to push.

0WSiWlJ.jpg

NEYt51U.jpg

Kamovs on free hunt

Gma10Dm.jpg

fVfoIyP.jpg

Tanks were tasked with clearing right flank. They cought this infantry squad in the open.

R525moa.jpg

EU tries to deploy their UGVs, but they are nearly useless against tanks. European flank defence is falling apart!

CRyd4fq.jpg

Euroloser snake tried to sneak sabotage team, but Kamovs spotted them before they reached good position.

1JbjMiu.jpg

Combat engineers on left flank already hacked servers and now meeting EU QRF with a hail of rockets.

pVHkPNy.jpg

QWfoc7R.jpg

Engineers on right flank are little bit slower, but it is obvious that Cheese-eaters are defeated.

iH91cJd.jpg

Kamovs helping to SPGs to clear remains of Eurolosers.

FqNcXIa.jpg

Pushing from both flanks will be a great way to end this battle faster.

IoTH2fN.jpg

1QXdgd5.jpg

Last moments before EU forces are completely defeated.

uKNP2dM.jpg

Let's add some burns on top of all other injuries, haha.

UIT8pcf.jpg

t4YoMgZ.png

urtPOIn.jpg

HxYWKcQ.jpg

oPskA73.png

Excellent operation!

Our operation to clear last remains of Eurolosers continues. Few steps left, but Europeans are going to put serious fight, as it is their last stand. We are going to push them out of US and assault Britain, in order to clear our rear in European war theatre.

kKXkzkF.png

Spoiler

Ht6ot7Y.png

Another new (?) face. Claimed that he uses long range weapons, tries to stay away/at distance and utilize of-map support. I suspect that main combat will be happening around Yankee uplink on this middle island.

rLKRN8u.png

2 points are located near LZ, so no need for second APC. Will try to block flanks with infantry and leave central area for AFVs and artillery.

xWWHi4a.jpg

Nuclear plant as battlefield? That is new. Although, this is WW3, could be worse. 

FToF2Rr.png

veO0inr.jpg

Crush their trees!

7AZ27ev.jpg

At least streets are clear for us. But not for long, as they will be filled with dead Eurolosers and burning husks of their AFVs.

ryScPBD.png

igOLLmB.jpg

Eurocopters are not attacking just after getting into this operation. This guy is slightly more competent than others Eurolosers.

rBpe7U4.jpg

Wa1fx9C.jpg

Middle area is very good place for infantry to assault. Big enough and full of cover for infantry to exploit and capture. We need to block middle entrance to our side of pond.

mUwhFgr.jpg

Hack all the elections!

8n7iD8o.jpg

Start a staring contest with enemy choppers!

Iy6feAg.jpg

898elE0.jpg

Clearing right flank.

91lFYzO.jpg

IHUZ8RX.gif

ATiZtRc.jpg

Clearing areas from light infantry as much as we can.

6nU4Mas.jpg

Airstrikes are going to hit them. Were buzzing too much in front of my troops. 

caRRAkf.jpg

yT3nsPy.jpg

Huh, enemy answered with their own airstrike again our artillery. Although it will not help to those Eurolosers, who managed to sneak into the middle.

znKdQQs.jpg

Main battle begun after long staring contest. 

JKckuog.jpg

Close range slaughter, we will not step back!

gRVLRrz.jpg

Grand Slaughter now includes air targets!

fO764WR.jpg

...and air vs air too!

aY2UP6S.jpg

d9pxrL7.jpg

WbTisEg.jpg

Central are is becoming full of desotroyed AFVs and choppers, which is good, as almost all of them are Eurolosers.

znwuVaU.jpg

Regular Russian Army arrives to push central area.

IMNU4HK.jpg

RPO0meU.jpg

RkrttbA.jpg

f2IWsOY.jpg

edgrria.jpg

pAzPwRI.jpg

Eurolosers are trying to distract Shpetsnaz forces with flanking attacks, but that will not help them. THey already lost a bulk of their units.

Olnh4Hw.jpg

zQleInh.jpg

ZyvrnY2.jpg

A lot of Regular army AFVs are now in the middle, holding their position.

F6dvvE8.jpg

After clearing right flank, combat engineers will put mines here, to slow enemies down.

k8LJfPB.jpg

Last units of Eurolosers were found and now they will be gunned down.

LCUG1EG.jpg

SPGs are the last one on this battlefield.

xqS3DsW.jpg

48fD4A3.jpg

M7juSgW.jpg

26X6Nsz.jpg

POK2yO6.jpg

mVlOPBB.jpg

nppYKKt.jpg

iK0h80j.jpg

yX1ZaDW.jpg

After this victory our forces advanced futher and now we are fighting for US Navy base. If we will take it from Eurolosers, they will loose last region in American that they had. Shpetsnaz will go back in Europe to wipe them out.

GgWLTL0.png

Spoiler

LJlRywf.png

I picked my usual loadout, was expecting flanking attack. Although uplink location suggests that we will have a head to head battle.

J0XopAb.png

PgrQWkC.png

XSJAqNa.png

Eurocopters are covering their infantry that are securing positions.

WPMpbQ0.jpg

Open ground. We need tanks and their direct long range firepower to crush pseudodemocrats.

P5RNOkx.jpg

IFVs are dropping infantry, they will try to snatch F before securing position D on their part of map. Bold tactics, Lars.

VJb208c.jpg

Ambushing Eurocopters. They tried to scout a second route to this strange aircraft carrier Americans left in this base.

NV55wmR.jpg

Those Eurolosers are VERY aggressive. Shows how desperate they are. Shpetsnaz have many different calibers to tell them how wrong they are!

cCfARJK.jpg

VERY VERY aggressive. Our battalion need to attack and capture Fedya from Eurolosers hands.

DQz5dl0.jpg

Tanks and SPGs are finally ready for big amount of targets to murder. We will start our push, that will humiliate Eurolosers!

WML56HI.jpg

ZaRBSKV.jpg

After wheeled death traps tanks are shelling infantry squad in the open. They are as good as dead.

1yUvPVL.jpg

dNx7fUD.jpg

Enemy tanks are getting into this mix.

qqvCuEf.jpg

numSaKM.jpg

Smells like anouther slaughter ground is going to appear here.

t76mxYU.jpg

Fire ALL the guns!

JX2B0sF.jpg

Infantry should help with hostile engineers, that might try to sneak on left flank.

7TCIR6d.jpg

fABfUty.jpg

They are trying to fire unguided rockets against AFVs. Those APCs are going to be destroyed in few moments.

B9Xvg1f.jpg

After Fedya was captured, Europeans used their laser from SPAAAAACE. Don't worry, i also have big stick to smack your head!

tg3XVqg.jpg

5roVRAq.jpg

tIirn88.jpg

This is yet another mass murder of Euroidiots.

jBVg3lY.jpg

lg6Cmnu.jpg

d8hqXmT.png

Guided bombs is good AA weapon!

feOKf6e.jpg

sNafKu6.jpg

koUIniE.jpg

Europeans are throwing everything they have, which is usually Suicide choppers.

MtX8LBX.jpg

7ME1MmT.jpg

v39bQl8.jpg

z3FYsvI.png

After this operation Eurolosers had no forces to stop our attack on Schottland. Only 2 regions left to clear.

Wzp7dDE.png

After number of Glorious victories in US, Europeans were pushed back into last few regions under EU control in UK. Russian army took Schottland, but Europeans are counterattacking in desperate attempt to stop our invasion and annexetaion of Schottland oblast'. Our legendary Shpetsanz battalion was tasked with important task to once and for all end Eurolosers. Defence operation was put together aimed to break remains of EU SF on main island.

Hqxbg4K.png

Spoiler

tM7OS4t.png

Alexis Matz is our opponent forces leader in this fight. Not a bad choice, but this region is not very good for his tactics, as it favors infantry and my defensive style of commanding. Our task is to deliver a humilating and total defeat of those Eurolosers forces. He may use a lot of gunships as in one of his previous battle against 20th Armored battalion of the Shptesnaz Guards Brigade. We will be ready.

KEdWM61.png

Combat engineers will be good addition to our AA defence. They will also provide medium range AT firepower against forces that will manage to break through, and thanks to SPGs those forces will be damaged or nearly dead. Our tactics will be to break all attackers with our defence hard as steel and take victory from a defenceless and delicious plate full of Eurolosers humiliation.

7iGUxgF.png

Big amount of forests mean cover for our infantry. It also means that we should do everything to prevent enemy infantry from getting to our side of this narrow plato. If we will fail to do that, points A and B should be defensible places for infantry to retreat to.

hXByCr2.png

Alexis is trying to scout how far he can go. We have few words against this idea.

iLuN5Ow.jpg

AA missiles will deliver our message loud and clear.

sejUs9y.jpg

Another group of suicide choppers. Alexis is really desperate, his tactics are becoming as bad as all other Eurolosers forces commanders!

Hro1I9U.jpg

SPAAGs are waiting behind trees, tanks are going to lock a tight road/chokepoint with their main caliber, with SPGs support on top of that.

B7025eh.jpg

Regular army infantry is attacking southern route. 

8yFCdth.jpg

Tanks are retreating after getting hit by artillery. Kamovs will be dispatched to hunt hostile SPGs and ram several rockets into them.

tygXyrg.jpg

IkPsVCS.jpg

vhraTyf.jpg

Matz is angry about him losing SPGs. Kamovs were shot down, combat engineers were defeated, but our line is holding against Eurolosers attacks.

E8RZjzW.jpg

SPAAGs and Command vehicle are clearing skies from chopper spam.

VceCdcj.jpg

Combat engineers are joining this usefull activity.

k0jRmIW.jpg

Tanks vs tanks is not effective use of forces. SPGs vs tanks at long range is much better.

99cuym8.jpg

5cCqXkm.jpg

Kamovs are gathering intel on what is happening on other side during small calm moment.

RVkKtfg.jpg

IFVs are going to regret driving into LOS of our light infantry and SPGs firing range. Soldiers don't engage enemies, it is possible they didn't even spotted them, because Maskirovka.

rAxXYIK.jpg

Command vehicle with minefields work well as a road block!

P5tpmPO.jpg

Alexis Matz decided to use his command vehicle in a blunt attack.

CUYbU1c.jpg

SfF3c07.jpg

9Iis2L8.png

Eurolosers are desperate and hit us with SPAAAAAACE LAZORZ. We payed back with out giant missile. Fuck you, Matz!

WWKoy0w.jpg

Wheeled Death traps are going to prove why i call them as such.

ADCsePN.png

XtaJZ2n.jpg

Combat engineers are proving infantry usefulness in my plan.

zDOFm7u.jpg

4iY4LV8.jpg

FYjjMDc.jpg

EOIdnzB.jpg

f3udgWh.jpg

VZJGpzM.jpg

GYNeI0u.jpg

Using this victory we are driving remains of EU army out of main island.

44nbvht.png

Spoiler

M6KmTvt.png

GYHQwnW.png

Those 2 defeated and killed like 1/4th of all enemies our battalion destroyed. True legends of our battalion.

Eurolosers are trying to retake lost positions. This attack will be another defeat for them and one of many victories for us.

dzb0k0Z.png

Spoiler

TsUFDa6.png

Once again our enemy is Alexis Matz's battalion, or what is left from it. Open fields favors tanks and AFVs in general, middle area is for infantry and SPGs.

gvDEcHD.png

We are going with our usual balanced task force to beat Eurolosers.

pbZ0aFz.png

Is it foggy because it is Britain?

d6UycJ8.jpg

Wow, we can call even more forces even before starting operation.

qhZIA5X.jpg

Traffic jams of troops eager to crush Eurolosers isn't something i was prepared for.

a1h14Cz.png

Shpetsnaz forces are fastroping with much tactics.

UWwlszR.png

Tactical rolling!

8tqxgp5.png

Suicide attacks? Yeah, Matz, you have fallen. At least this battle will be entertaining.

CT3TCiE.png

Another group of choppers is going to be landed.

7Mjv14d.jpg

Tanks are covering infantry advance. 

4L13XQ8.jpg

SPGs will be destroyed!

E724Vw7.jpg

vQPv21U.jpg

tAyZsap.jpg

Wheeled death traps are committing public suicide.

GEg7UTm.jpg

Tanks were trying to see what those deatht traps delivered here, but got ambushed by 2 groups of AT teams. Not good for tanks, they are retreating and artillery is covering their exit from village.

ROVFmoC.jpg

3rd group of infantry is trying to get to server hub, but was caught by APCs. Not bad attempt, Alexis. But he underestimated Shpetsnaz firepower!

o6ywdkw.jpg

jjZdc2P.jpg

And tanks are too late to help Euroinfantry.

gtjIpc8.jpg

YSOXIJN.jpg

mmFSboW.png

Moment to recon and call for Regular army support.

UEBepzm.jpg

fxI102R.jpg

lZIzmek.jpg

Combined forces advancing on right flank. This mean that European infantry will not be able to get to good positions, while we will have defensible positions against AFVs and air threats. Eurolosers fate is sealed.

MjdplAk.png

His Space laser attack was kind of bad, our not so good either, as he doesn't have much to hit in the first place.

TgZeaea.png

Last few units to slaughter.

VAbnpoy.png

7uZS2ef.png

XVIyN7S.png

h3NwU67.png

pScLmLE.png

Eurolosers are totally destroyed! This mean that JSF is left 1vs1 with Shpetsnaz Guards Brigade. Cowboys were benefiting from a free ticket to grab land while we were busy with Europeans and now it is time to push them out, and we will begin with re-taking Capengaghengrad.

7QOSyRq.png

Jordan Taylor? He is incompetent commander and will be an easy target for us. Taking into account that our task is to destroy all attackers, it will be straight mutual murder competition.

Spoiler

XLHjDeA.png

We are going with unusual composition of forces with vast majority of first wave being infantry. We don't need to assault anything, so purely defensive tactics is going to be a good choice to win this operation with maximum enemy humiliation.

JYbqVkg.jpg

JpijZs4.jpg

First customers arrive for testing of our AA products. Meanwhile we are calling SPGs to soften all targets outside of Great Wall of Motherland.

teEkQ5o.jpg

zrmbUGG.png

aQYP6eH.jpg

Second group of choppers vs 2 platoons of APC/SPAAGs is going to be a short battle.

XGwyDwr.jpg

Command vehicle, gunships and infantry are all visible from guard towers. Infantry is holding their positions rather well against so many enemies.

wvDDgoF.jpg

oB5Vrg3.jpg

Kamovs penetrated behind enemy lines and now are dealing with hostile artillery support. Our foe doesn't know what proper AA defence is!

gqZrp0k.jpg

Second group of 4 SPGs that is going to taste Kamov's rockets.

gW8Q4Ml.jpg

Light infantry had to move out of tower under protection of walls to isolate and deal with one of squads of infantry hordes that were rushing to this entrance to military base. This team suffered some casualties, but still combat capable. SPAAGs on the right are also going to ambush attackers.

PiPpdvV.jpg

After all American infantry was killed by Shpetsnaz operators, JSF command vehicle is trying to push this choke. Light infantry was reinforced with combat engineers to deal with AFVs. Kamovs are joining this collective command vehicle bashing.

QU3rS90.jpg

Even my command vehicle participated in American Command armored box killing!

bN8b069.jpg

Now JSF tanks are our target SPGs doing their hard work to flatten them.

O6S15dc.jpg

And IFVs too.

1qpUgTd.jpg

Mr. Jordan tried to sneak infantry squad under walls using forests. Not bad idea for sabotage attempts, but on the battlefield full of Gunships and artillery? Not so much.

QMZ1Ad8.jpg

Artillery helps to make battles shorter by having ability to deliver their firepower without moving their asses anywhere.

TbVOyGM.png

Squad under number 4 had no action on right flank. Enemy commander lost a chance to breakthrough here.

sODTnx2.jpg

8K4tACO.jpg

u1stmSN.jpg

BxFP4fq.png

"A" grade? Thanks to enemy not using WMD and my superior positioning and pre-operation planning!

EjjWVOR.png

War with 2 enemies in the same time left us with not that much regions under Russian control compared to US. Cowboys used their time to advance in places where it was both easy and would not trigger much actions from Eurolosers and Mighty Rodina.

Americans are using a moment and plan to re-take some of their land. 20th Armored Shpetsnaz battalion was transferred back to US soil to counter Cowboys attempts to undermine our foothold in Northen America and create conditions for a bridgehead for operation to assault Washington D.C. No MW2-style operations involving VDV!

Tmqs57F.png

Spoiler

Mv1qSE5.png

Familiar locations and not so familiar tactics. I am planning to use some tactical elements that were not used that much in previous battles on such maps with many open grounds.

bzhiOvT.png

Riflemens are going to counter infantry attacks and engineers taking cover in houses in the middle of this battlefield, if needed.

rR1Eh7Q.jpg

"Cossack" callsign for a MAZ truck? Ok.

IdfdIwO.png

Tanks are fully upgraded. RCWS, thermobatic rockets, 2 AA HMGs, all sorts of Soviet-era.. ERA, Shtora jammers and so on. T-100 Chonma-Ho is ready to crush American imperialists!

vwPtWi1.jpg

Tanks are advancing with regular army conscripts cover. They will be usefull later against JSF infantry and helicopters.

c9cf9v3.jpg

Tanks are covered by SPAAGs from usual chopper spam. Let's see how far we can get this group into enemies defence.

EHDPJZg.jpg

nmVaXeQ.jpg

That as far as we need. SPGs are going to be crushed in few moments. Problem is that there are way more enemy formations here.

GTE1F6Y.jpg

l6kShvU.jpg

2 tanks platoons at least + infantry. Way to much to deal with here. At least enemies don't have artillery that works. 

y0ckQ05.jpg

SPGs are going to turn central part of this map into a death trap for any idiot that tries to push through it.

VAhOiLC.jpg

Helicopters are working as SPAAGs, they are not that good at this job, though. 

vqnp80M.jpg

MxC1Z2L.jpg

IFVs are driving into their death.

tVSeBSN.jpg

Run, pieces of shits!

l58HkyZ.jpg

During this battle in the middle i forgot to send one of squads to capture uplink F. Thanks for reminding me, Marcus! Also, SPAAGs are back on the ground.

wsj5McN.jpg

paBchI5.jpg

Jesus, how much helicopters you will spam at us, Marcus?

PfDvhYR.jpg

NnrSU8O.jpg

H8X1IgT.jpg

After taking position Americans are dropping their Kinetic rods from SPAAAACE. 

iQ2zwdq.png

We are paying back. Our super weapon is better at creating mushroom clouds! 

eQz5EgK.jpg

Infantry was called to work as AA for troops in town. 

ArCcRen.png

XvA3Cpm.jpg

Super weapons didn't helped to our enemies, we are smashing their defences!

ftdbJUl.jpg

kNR3BHN.jpg

lKp9HHd.png

At least no KIA during WMD strike. Yet another triumph, one step closer to Glorious Vticory Parade at Red Square!

More battles with Americans. Now they are launching their last attack in North America in desperate attempt to throw us out of US. But Shpetsnaz is like a superior Siberian herpes - not that easy to get rid of!

BhVdZJW.png

Spoiler

p3tHY4M.png

Mike Kim is long-range type of tactician. We will find a good way to assist his style of losing ground to our Glorious Battalion.

HH34Mq1.png

Tanks and SPAAGs will be needed to hold on middle area. Infantry - for hacking servers and getting more support abilities.

FaEpetB.jpg

IrrduAW.jpg

mjIKfgc.jpg

DOedx4m.jpg

I think.. we already run down those trees before.

kZSOAFl.jpg

SHyPWMK.jpg

RDQMbXO.jpg

Battle for middle island started. We are going to use our limited selection of units to maximum, but not waste them.

wDTdu1w.jpg

hnnft3F.jpg

Do9oY87.jpg

After dealing with majority of forces in the middle (only 2 squads of US regulars are left) Our helicopters are tasked with getting enemy SPGs destroyed.

hAEFsH8.jpg

Juicy targets for our unguided rockets. Enemies are penetrating our right flank, tanks and artillery are going to counter their advances.

bVAW3TP.jpg

Tanks will have not an easy time with hordes of Americans. At least no HE from above is going to distract tanks from their job.

Vl8SsKi.jpg

Clearing battleground from regulars. Enemy AFVs are going to collide with Shpetsnaz tanks.

z5E6JKc.jpg

dRcqUx5.jpg

Infantry that was trying to advance under cover of IFVs. THeir cover was flattened by tanks, now it is their turn to be smashed!

APjhfjp.jpg

Mike is using both flanks in his attacks. Not too bad, but Kamovs are quick enough to counter them.

gdT3Wfs.jpg

You can't drive fast enough from us!

8UBmfDp.jpg

Beat up tank platoon are testing grounds in the middle area. Capturing it will bring us victory.

p7H6UIB.jpg

Another group of JSF soldiers are rushing through bridge on our left flank.

Cx44LHl.jpg

Hordes of Americans are going to middle area.

GUW1SPu.jpg

Tanks were cought by JSF MBTs, which means that we will lose one tank platoon and they should be evacuated.

CGvVnCh.jpg

Psaa9J1.jpg

Kamovs will pay back for defeated unit.

PWtXGFf.jpg

Another platoon of T-100s are rushing from LZ to central island in order to lock it down for enemies. On the way they found another group of suicide infantry horde, they are driving past while machinegunning them with style.

9O4IfCx.png

After our infantry hacked Yanov, Americans dropped their WMD. Stakes are now higher, time to unleash our own WMD!

oy5lnNZ.jpg

Hordes of Americans got hit really hard.

UQ5wOwi.jpg

Combat engineers placed mines and now wait for attackers inside of big building. We need to apply pressure or those imperialists will spill over everywhere!

uwvL43a.jpg

N13ivUz.jpg

WhgApQy.jpg

Tanks wanted to get closer, but SPGs managed to fend them off.

qH1PgEs.jpg

And just arrived Kamovs are going to finish them!

vnK4Arz.jpg

Reinforcements are deploying. We will defeat enemy with our superior firepower!

6oGZAii.jpg

EO105nV.jpg

Tanks were moving to their blocking positions and found infantry squad in this small river. Those JSF soldiers were caught in terrible place.

CP4cTxp.jpg

5Kl9aZv.jpg

F2gYeyd.png

kMlUAC5.png

After this series of operations in Northen America both sides exhausted their resources to continue, so now it is quite here. Which mean that our place of slugging out will be in Europe.

We are going full onslaught against imperialists in Europe! Not much time left before end of WW3, i already can see a new Victory Parade on Red Square. 

JSpjHkF.jpg

We can launch assault operation from Paris against 2 military bases, but our Shpetsnaz Guards Battalion would be better used to counterattack JSF attempts to take Magilyov, Belarus (again). We should not allow Americans to get into our sphere of influence! With their defeat, our forces will be able to assault Ramsteinovskaya Airforces base.

Spoiler

HLIHgOI.jpg

Enemies will have air support, we will be able to call in regular army troops on top of having airsupport. 

q1flyZg.png

Ah, new American invader to defeat! According to intel, he prefer defensive tactics and not too enthusiastic about going full attack. I am thinking about slowly chipping his forces one by one in attempt to soften his grip on territory and then try to attack. But this plan is made with total lack of knowledge of how Ihsan wil react. Strange to see commander with defensive style of conducting operations leading battalion called "assault battalion".

wpIB0fl.png

Continue to change early phase of operation units composition. Riflemens will be usefull against enemy infantry, while Shpetsnaz tanks will slaughter many US army regulars. Will try to take as many points as possible. APCs with infantry will get to Bravo Boris and hack yet more elections, after that - probably Yanov or Dima. Engineers will take Alyona and then we will see where they will be more usefull.

MqUYktw.jpg

Mission started and there is no time to sit around. Light infantry is loading into APC, they will be used against enemy combat engineers on frontlines, our engineers are moving to point A. Tanks with cover of APCs are going to take position between D, B and Z in order to counter any attempts to breakthrough here, effectively sheilding light infantry on B and blocking road to A.

jN0yzEE.jpg

FxQW4At.png

Familiar places... hmmm.

gz2Wi1B.jpg

0Bcfm9C.jpg

KSyDwvY.jpg

Magilyov, is it you?

5JEGwYC.jpg

tIREIF1.jpg

First contact. We are slower with taking uplinks, but not for long.

jzfeA1R.jpg

2 squads of cannon meat in the middle and in this area near lake. JSF gunships are not far behind.

Pcx8IZ8.jpg

Opponent leader apperently is using those regulars as recon forces. Gunships are waiting something.

edlbkJU.jpg

Gunships are waiting for a good moment to hit, but avoid my SPAAGs. Not bad, compared to Eurolosers and some of JSF commanders who suicide their choppers into Shpetsnaz AA defences easily.

2v7URyw.jpg

They decided to pick isolated groups. Kamovs will try to tie them up until SPAAGs arrive.

VDLIdCO.jpg

After dealing with choppers, we have short window to penetrate into their airspace and deal with SPGs.

o53iibS.jpg

Kamovs received damage, but with help of jets hostile artillery was killed. Our SPGs are clearing areas in the middle.

IGBRcJy.jpg

SPAAGs doing their job, shaking off Cowboys from Kamov's tails. This is a reason why i am still using tight formation of forces even if enemy can deploy WMDs - isolated units are easy to hunt down with proper type of units.

7Py1MTO.jpg

Jets continue to deliver large guided bombs against JSF armor. Those IFVs have infantry squad supporting them, for sure. We need to find them and gun down their asses!

tkB33xH.jpg

Here they are. SPGs are rubbing hands in anticipation of their defeat and new medals.

8zdshwJ.jpg

Upgraded JSF choppers have rocket barrage ability (as SGB's), which mean they can defeat heavily damaged units in one tap. This make me angry, but it is another reason to have SPAAGs in AA role and use their own missile salvo abilities against American helicopters!

UjZBaEF.jpg

Because Kamovs were shot down, we lost LOS on infantry at Dima, now tanks will provide eyes on their location. Crews of shot down helis are being evacuated.

5mRvHod.jpg

And not only eyes, but burning flames delivery is also in a list of our services for invaders! 

4VJZVM4.jpg

Paying back for our helicopters with our own missile barrage. Fuck you, flying deathtraps!

Cflmo1G.jpg

Our infantry is getting ready to ambush JSF combat engineers near Zhara. Snipers preparing to hit them with 12.7mm.

kBvowwd.jpg

When first enemy soldiers will appear near the entrance to Zhara server hub, they will have their brains propelled out of their skulls!

Dez6RqY.jpg

After Shpetsnaz operators scared away engineers from uplink and drived them into open fields, tanks and SPGs will finish them.

zyFYXMv.jpg

Defeated units can be completely killed. We were shooting so much that evac convertoplane was almost shot down.

gmjY1IF.jpg

Meanwhile, combat engineers on southern part of Mogilyov managed to push and take Yanov. We are going to be hit by WMDs in few moments.

q6GFyK5.jpg

Only 3 units defeated with this Space laser strike? Heh, we will easily recover. Additional tanks and SPAAGs are already on the way.

wNz0M1c.jpg

Light infantry was called to secure position Dima before combat engineers will get there to secure it. Enemy crashed Bratskoe server hub, so our victroy clocks stopped.

EVhLwId.jpg

ZBInlSd.jpg

Air threats are not so easy to deal for riflemens compared to combat engineers, thats why Kamovs are helping them.

iWxFADy.jpg

Air support is bombing attackers to the ground.

NiF5LDz.jpg

D in our hands, not much time left for you, Ihsan.

craH5zZ.png

Decided to hit enemies with our own WMDs. 

QUnWgmj.jpg

yXKOYjO.jpg

BiWq1JC.jpg

Victory is almost in our hands!

1znZp7b.jpg

Timer of annihilation stopped, he manage to scramble few leftovers of his battalion and pushed them to this battlefield. 

UCPrOzE.jpg

Heh, we found them.

XfVPEI9.jpg

1aetVdw.jpg

Fire exchange ended in almost a draw, but artillery will finish infantry and choppers are nearly dead.

JnyNj6B.jpg

nGSHJQm.jpg

HHAJlEk.png

Americans lost region from which they launched attack on Magilyov. Now they are trying to cut our Northen European supply lines to Paris and regions near it. We will not allow that! 20th Armored SGB battalion is tasked with repelling this attack and deliver critical defeat to enemies. If we will successed, Ramsteinovskaya will be defenceless and even Regular army will manage to grab it.

p8Ia7Ht.png

Spoiler

qGHnIY5.jpg

JSF will have all kind of support, as we. This will probably a harder fight.

70zE2NF.png

Umm... i thought we just won on this map, it was called Magilyov and ... ok. Plan is similar to last time battle.

qrPh3wQ.jpg

vbtr84C.jpg

YtqlkAL.jpg

n4mKE2Y.jpg

vOuE0oR.jpg

SYjonM9.jpg

That is a fuck ton of conscripts.

YibMvVw.jpg

zCaZrev.jpg

This time SPGs have serious protection. We will lose our gunships, but we need SPGs to disappear from this battle.

zyFGeSO.jpg

This is how elections hacking looks like - bunch of Shpetsnaz Russians bursting into buildings full of servers with assault rifles and suka blyats, pooring vodka on keyboards.

ayP0Y8z.jpg

Tanks are gunning down infantry out of cover. We captured same amount of uplinks as enemy, so battle for Dima or Fedya will be decisive.

4UjFSh5.jpg

Tanks tried to support assault in central area, with bad results for hotdog eaters.

JzzZIBa.jpg

Hostile gunships are gunning down isolated groups of conscripts. We are going to deal with them when SPAAGs will be ready.

hgA76Bp.jpg

f9L83EB.jpg

In the same time Shpetsnaz oper8ors are rushing to ambush position. JSF engineers are in bad spot.

82dlTOW.jpg

Small bump is separating them from CQB intense firefight.

3zuzzNn.jpg

fHMcOAy.jpg

We took another uplink, enemy used WMD and we retaliated. And looks like this missile strike was on point. This idiot allowed me by his own hands to finish JSF troops with single tap.

vWE1f7w.jpg

fxsBSmN.jpg

0xTPE3R.jpg

Now we have a free way to Ramsteinovskaya. Enemy captured it many weeks ago, and now we have opportunity to dislodge him, and our battalion will use it for 100%.

fZJ8mGp.png

Special forces battalion needs special treatment. Close location of our forces will mean that we can utilize main strength of our battalion, and even our objective is suggesting what we need to do, hahaha.

Spoiler

2gmznD8.png

We will RUSH B them into oblivion! They WILL feel our mighty Fist of Steel on their fat faces. No amount of oper8or crap and C-clamps will affect our onslaught! JSF imperialists will be punished with our armored fist, their skulls will be smashed and crushed under our mighty tanks tracks!

9FPPyMM.jpg

This will be a Glorious clash of Ural steel vs ninja crap!

38OaM51.jpg

CJtjf8b.jpg

8QAndSr.jpg

tfEoOPU.jpg

ywp4FlE.jpg

YnjPfF2.jpg

Im28zJ0.jpg

D0OiWwY.jpg

KopDOxm.jpg

EVp4ENT.jpg

EegUp2S.jpg

Vo34ext.jpg

Zy4mv7n.jpg

i8YpVqW.jpg

JxlVYKz.jpg

4JdGjff.jpg

LDDM9rO.jpg

dTENXZx.jpg

2vwvV0A.jpg

tKzbCkO.jpg

TuHrlDc.jpg

5Y6YliO.png

DO I HAVE TO TELL ANYTHING ABOUT THIS OPERATION?!

Just few battles away from victory. 

MBxQM9d.png

We can go for assault of Washington D.C. but i would prefer not to bog down my forces in long siege operation. Let's go for capturing land with industry and population instead.

Spoiler

qofwWlf.png

Last 2 regions under JSF control in Europe. Portugal was their landing zone during early stages on WW3, through which they invaded mainland EU. Now they will be pushed right into the ocean after we take Spain and Portugal in next 2 operations!

VNYcYdw.png

Close proximity to enemy forces staging ground? Ability to deploy a lot of forces in first wave? We know what to do. heheHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

X9z7Rp6.jpg

Shpetsnaz soldiers! We are going to throw Cowboys from their horses right into the deepest ocean of humiliation and total defeat! We have many battles left behind our shoulders and just few steps in front of us! ATTACK WITH FULL FORCE! MERCILESSLY CRUSH ENEMIES UNDER YOUR TRACKS!

8quNYk5.jpg

Xqa421e.jpg

SNfCKdU.jpg

V5IcYES.jpg

lEw4OX2.jpg

6Tf9rHU.jpg

CI674cL.jpg

XKpDkMT.jpg

VF8kmDI.jpg

ah8t99J.jpg

Commander of enemy forces was caught in between our assault formations. KILL HIM!

R7B2IGZ.jpg

4EPCC6r.jpg

Engineers are spotting targets for artillery. We are clearing leftovers of JSF troops.

XshBwnR.jpg

It8sQlQ.jpg

Movement on right flank was spotted and now tanks are shelling enemies from their advantageous position. Main bulk of foes were defeated in single push, now we are smashing last cockroaches.

DvqLb2G.jpg

12 hostiles are not going to be on battlefield, as enemy doesn't have resources to call all of them!

4Dhn30F.jpg

Last Hotdog eaters were found. Victory is just few shots away!

YQ2S2nf.jpg

VzSQ4AW.jpg

CC8s7Mq.jpg

S8nhurr.jpg

RwAtzOt.jpg

lCYVx1j.jpg

7 minutes because of 2 last squads of JSF infantry were too slow to get to us.

X8i5DWL.png

3 battles left before our Glorious Triumph!

W3pJ3hL.png

Last region of Western Europe under capital... emm ... i mean imperialists control. Southern European regions don't matter, they can no longer launch attacks on us.

Spoiler

dFchRa3.png

We will have only regular army support in this operation. Not really important, we will be able to push enemies out of Portugal using a momentum of our unstopable onslaught.

I0HsscF.png

Sadly, this time we are far away from each other. This mean our tactics should be less specialized on just steamrolling enemies with brute force. Although our task is to murder our opponent forces, so this mission will still require a degree of specialisation of my forces on mass murder.

obkBPAK.png

I will call additional tanks and other units during operation. Infantry will be needed to upgrade uplinks to get support, as this time big distances between forces means that some units can't get to places where they are needed in time, while special attacks don't have such problems. My plan is to take positions in the middle, but forces will be spreaded enough to avoid enemies from sneaking their own squads of footmobiles around my frontlines troops. 

EGNK7rx.jpg

Forward, my Ukrainian conscripts!

GxgdOAM.jpg

We are going double chopper spam, i suspect more gunships are needed to penetrate to reat positions of our opponents, based on previous experience.

mVgfZxr.png

Parking tank and SPAAGs between Yanov and Zhara will be good enough. Infantry will upgrade Boris and Alyona.

aqQaclb.png

First test subject of cmbined firepower of 2 gunships groups.

Du0sMS0.jpg

6xojW3Q.jpg

JSF helicopters looks like were guiding attackers to us. Now hordes of Americans are bursting to our frontline from nearby hill. Our battalion is deploying additional tank platoon to help to deal with this.

eLycxf6.jpg

4uU9fR8.jpg

UxDCg5T.jpg

OuNwTBa.jpg

Enemies are massing their troops in preparation to attack. Good moment for helicopter horde to hunt down enemy artillery support.

v0G8R1Y.jpg

VM9vIKr.jpg

TLb553g.jpg

Meanwhile our opponent decided to charge into our formation personally on his command vehicle. What an idiot.

TEW5zsj.jpg

VleyRBY.jpg

Vv9mc3c.jpg

Another group of transporters are trying to get killed. We will help them with their wish.

1UWrqbX.jpg

78ifKwa.jpg

Wait, where are you going?

BMc7eqJ.jpg

SPGs smacking hostile infantry with HE. There is no good way to approach our current position without being either detected or killed.

7AePpwN.jpg

Saw those sneaky bastards a minute earlier, allowed them to get into open grounds, now we will ambush them from 2 sides.

qMigckt.jpg

Shpetsnaz soldiers opening fire against JSF engineers.

0d0yK35.png

They are going to be murdered very fast, as artillery joined this fun action.

KJmqspc.jpg

Anti-air flamethrowers at work.

Hydr6iK.jpg

Another group of engineers trying to get too close to us.

1VKUuBe.jpg

aAtcMYT.jpg

Light infantry is maneuvering to flank engineers.

quxuYOv.jpg

Engineers decided to run away, hahaha!

HHJR7yd.jpg

iiZGgxK.jpg

TZspB2J.jpg

iGML4P3.jpg

Ow hey, timely arrival of regular army troops.

gQqQ2cR.jpg

gKtcvM9.jpg

6FEbFcm.jpg

waWNCQl.jpg

Your welcome was full of bullets and artillery gun rounds.

P5XCXcC.jpg

XzmDlzX.jpg

0Sc72kJ.jpg

4F84W6u.png

L60NmEV.png

2 left!

Now we are assaulting Southern US, after driving JSF out of their positions in Western Europe. We have just 2 territories to conqueror before our Glorious Victory.

IQRnb4M.png

Americans will have airsupport, we will not have anything, other than our ability to hack things.

Spoiler

hyfaVTU.png

Umm... why Americans build a copy of region in Portugal?

FdFuJvC.png

My plan is to get to positions near village and block enemies from entering it (especially infantry). We will also block entrance to plato near one of uplinks nearby.

D7t3HCo.jpg

Operation started, and fried JSF personnel are on the menu!

SpdhuFn.png

iXh6yG4.png

bG2NWQr.jpg

And again we are going with double choppers spam. Both tanks platoons will be located near each other to maximize their damage output.

SrzDTRL.jpg

First contact and artillery already softening targets for MBT's consumption.

Tvk0Cbm.jpg

Tanks see their targets. IFVs will be destroyed easily, problem is with hostile gunships and SPGs.

rFsq2XP.jpg

ex0UwnZ.png

Clearing areas near village. Hill is blocking LOS for tanks, but this is not a big problem, as it allows to focus their attention on fewer enemies.

xtNv9HW.png

Tanks have AA HMG and AA flamethrowers as well!

BzE2rlQ.jpg

Nathaniel is driving his command tracked box right into our formation of troops. 

vk3kFa2.jpg

TpuoqCp.jpg

Schwarzkopf tanks are trying to unfuck this situation, but they got hacked and now under focue of 2 SPG battaries and 2 gunship groups.

24eIIDQ.jpg

4MmOV12.jpg

Baby drones were killed, no defenses left, Mr. Goudie.

uM7jD1I.jpg

GAmjPo0.png

Vig2GDb.jpg

More drones arrived, but they will be flatten quickly by 5 units.

yiwIDR9.jpg

HcKHy56.jpg

Pressure of enemy attacks lowered, so we can expand our control of central area. Tanks found another group of JSF footmobiles that needs to be smashed.

vdmADFf.jpg

So many infantry squads to deal with!

uGfzReh.jpg

In the same time we are pushing on top of the hill, in attempt to clear it and areas behind it.

aXMG7iC.jpg

Z8258h2.jpg

W4q429k.jpg

Our left flank is under control of my command vehicle. And SPGs.

gpE2Ut8.jpg

vAmL9rf.png

6FrY9Nw.jpg

Last JSF enemy on the ground.

xcFRXlY.jpg

They are not getting out of this alive!

MHsbhx1.jpg

8lS5DCQ.jpg

udxcw10.png

cqdhFAk.jpg

lhhjDsE.jpg

jVAMw96.jpg

HAw1m1y.jpg

aWjNSMP.png

Last battle. Last moments for our enemies to extend their lives. For this moment, we picked a scenic place to fight - a JFK Space center.

ewDqTIK.png

Uhh, i would like to have elimination of all JSF forces as my task. But ok, we can work with this. It is obvious that 3 points in the south are going to be mine, as we are closer to them, and main combat will be in the center. Infantry will rule flanks, but AFVs will be a key to defeat Americans near launching pad in the middle of this territory.

Spoiler

29ShO6O.png

Combat engineers are going to take Zhara and then try to get to Fedya. Light infantry will capture Whishnoe and then Bratskoe. After that they will push through landbridge in the middle of swamp to Fedya, in order to help to combat engineers. Tanks and rest of AFVs will be in the middle.

EWZ3x8A.jpg

d7M3LJp.png

Tanks are arriving on this giant thing.

UggimdY.jpg

e5WTFvD.jpg

Tanks are going to their positions. This place will be major flashpoint of this operation.

5njE7kw.gif

Light infantry is in place.

sqb9Onp.png

LkrDIFb.jpg

Battle for Space center started. Middle area is full of dangerous fueltanks that can explode if hit by something big enough.

yVEbThN.jpg

hLFEeMJ.jpg

HpbBfqh.jpg

Air assault is only recon attack. 

TblDyU2.jpg

Enemy tanks are coming to us.

kkU4kYc.jpg

Tp1Kzcg.gif

Engineers are also waiting for hostile armor.

pmpW0Cj.jpg

Combat engineers are going to stop attackers, while SPGs will hit them hard. Hacking will help to disable MBTs to lower their damage output.

fxi1Qxg.jpg

Nf5cX4H.jpg

Attack on the left flank of launching pad failed, now they are trying to crack Shpetsnaz defenses on the right.

kUJ3RSw.jpg

RM7BEdt.jpg

tvz2bs2.jpg

Another attempt to attack from the left. Also, infantry squad managed to get to our rear through forests, but they will be finished in a minute.

h609BY1.jpg

GBOB1q3.jpg

TXLKA4W.jpg

1bJvgnN.jpg

asNFrQ0.png

tZzN6JB.jpg

pe3lqCT.png

02vPbdw.png

Majority of regions were places for multiply battles, US is in ruins. Our victory was announced by this OldPutin president.

l1thoC7.gif

1051260492.jpg

Spoiler

Mfc8TGC.png

"Killed enemies" don't count enemies that were defeated. Never really bothered to kill enemies that are already out of action.

66C7uh6.png

7 hours ago, Lord_James said:

this was like watching a television show that you really liked come to an end :( 

Thanks for watching our struggle to invade and destroy countries where like 90% of forum members live! I thought that this series wasn't that much interesting for people here.

Finally i have some time to write a review of Cryostasis. About month+ after i deleted it!

fefe8d5509e9ca2059675225811a7228.jpg

Cryostasis is next game after Vivisector, made by Action Forms studios based in Ukraine. Game was released in 2008, 3 years after Vivisector and in some regards was big step forward for Action Forms, as it was looking like a "AAA" level of horror FPS. 

Cryostasis tells a story of scientist/meteorologist Alexander Nesterov, who was leaving his station somewhere in ices of northern oceans. He was tasked with getting on board of ship, which he found trapped in ice in the middle of white cold desert. After getting to the ship, our main hero found himself in strange world of crew becoming monsters walking through frozen corridors. He was forced to fight his way through all those horrors to survive and get out of this mess using bad selection of weapons, slow movement and strange health system, while being haunted by edgy plot and fancy button pressing puzzles.

Vivisector and Cryostasis are games when examined on their own, are hard to belive that they were made by the same team. Maybe outside of how artsy-fartsy their storytelling is. Everything that was bad in Vivisector is good in Cryostasis, and everything what was good in Vivisector is bad in Cryostasis. So let's look at it closer.

Visuals and presentation.

Everything in Vivisector was looking really bad by 2005 standarts. In contrast with it, graphics of Cryostasis at times are holding really well even today. Majority of game happens inside of the ship, with few short moments outside, and industrial look of nuclear icebraker would have been a problem in long run for this game, but for the most part developers managed to avoid it. Part of this was achived thanks to art design, level design and color pellet selection. Cold rooms - deep cold blue ambient lighting, sources of heat - warm yellow light. Generally brown industrial looking levels were vastly improved by this play of colors. Environment also changes with game progression, as hero moves through the ship from the bottom to the top. Coupled with rather good visual part of engine in its base, it creates distinct visual style of this game even in dynamics.

Moreover, visuals were strengthened by some of game mechanics, which i will cover later, making visuals to be part of gameplay.

Another interesting part of visuals are enemy design and models. Some of them are strange, unique, fairytale-like and allegorical, a bit unexpected and unconventional. Like Prison Guard that have miniature prison cell embedded into his head, or enemy with keyhole instead of his eyes and keys as his claws. 

f2f648a6ca2e8b41d22ac4ba73afa599.jpg

Our main hero. Hammers and sickles all over his clothing are normal for Soviet meteorologist

Spoiler

cryostasis_sleep_of_reason-71.jpg

cryostasis_2.jpg

UXQ5jdb.jpg

artwork.cryostasis-sleep-of-reason.3055x2160.2008-08-15.4.jpg

8.jpg

271354.jpg

eeb09bf5.jpeg

1496690890_57507965.jpg

luchshie-horrory-8-1024x640.jpg

21.jpg

p1_2114766_d201c6cb.jpg

95451.jpg

cryostasis_screen_6.jpg

178589.jpg

cryostasis_screen_5.jpg

702530adf0eb185ad9993597b30461ad.jpg

034189.jpg

anabioz48.jpg

71qsvTTD5EL.AC_SL1440_.jpg

image_31.jpg

Main hero also reacts to situation around him - his breathing can be heard in cold rooms, and breathing with appropriate camera movement become more pronounced with body temperature becoming lower and lower. Moments when hero exhales with relief when reaching warm place echoes on some primal level in a player.

All this creates good immersion effect, leading to player experiencing sometimes this "otherworldly" feel that i like to get in my good escapism.

Gameplay.

Cryostasis is horror FPS made on tight budget, which dictates its structure, mechanics and level design. Playing it is like playing DooM 3 that had black replaced by blue and sci-fi plasma guns with Mosins and PPShs. Tight corridors, small rooms, linear layout of levels, slow movement of the player, low number of enemies per encounter, slow pacing - this is description of both Doom 3 and Cryostasis. Combat system is also very similar - slow reloads, a little bullet-spongy enemies, 1-2 enemies per fight and 2-3 per serious battle, short distances of firefights, big number of enemies are using magic/melee attacks and so on. Only real difference being that unlike Doom 3 Marine, Nesterov have have flashlight on his chest, that allows him to use it anytime.

1499774320_13.jpg

Spoiler

W9u6aT6.png

cr03.jpg

3-1.jpg

363334_original.jpg

0d697b60e9f78bb94be2523c45804af5.jpg

3b9d96786e6a.jpg

Audio logs and passwords from Doom 3 were replaced by dead crewmembers that have red shining effect around their hearts. Pressing use buttons will trap you inside of a flashback, where you need to control this yet to be killed human and press specific buttons or switches to change a future. Almost always this leads to door becoming open or path being clear to progress.  

1496690809_maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

1.jpg

2.jpg

f183ad60f3f12376f645801da3563f8f.jpg

Z2xoB84.jpg

paNKVxH.png

xMWFQ9Q.png

mUx5I3T.jpg

FmhuMQT.jpg

Generally level are very linear, with corridors and small rooms, with not too frequent enemy encounter (like 5-10 per level on average), few fancy buttons-pressing-through-flashbacks puzzles spreaded along level and 1-2 story moments.

Fighting in Cryostasis is boring for the most part. 2 reasons - enemies don't react that much to a shot (sometimes not even flinching) and weapons not having a feel of powerfull tool.

Weapon selection is poor - 3 starting weapons are all melee with almost same mechanics behind them, so they feel more like a rescin of 1 weapon. 2 Mosins (1 with optical sight that you don't really need), 1 semi-auto rifle (SVT), 1 SMG (PPSh) and several other guns that were strane choices. One of them is flare gun, that possibly can do damage to enemies. I am not sure about that, as game doesn't show me effects of this weapon on enemies, and direct hits don't do anything visible to them. Second weapon, the most powerfull one, is a water cannon that fires hot water. When i am saing Water Cannon i mean Water Pistol, as stream of water out of is less powerfull than stream of piss out of gopniks after several bottles of local cheap bear. Ammunition for this... "weapon" are icicles that you collect around the level. It is a short range tool, but t actually works by stunlocking enemies and eating their HP rather fast.

anabiosis-16-big.jpg

So playing Cryostasis looks like this - you move through few cold corridors covered in ice, find either a switch or button to press, door opens. You enter - inside a zombie guy appears that was triggered by you stepping on a script. You slowly shoot slowly moving enemy with bolt action that reloads each shot slowly, and after few hits enemy dies and you slowly put a striper clip into your rifle. After that you slowly move through linear corridor to a dead crew member with red thing on his chest, solve an elaborate "press those buttons and switches in particular order" puzzle, another door opens, and you continue. 

577a58a08db5.jpg

Spoiler

8572-screenshot-6.jpg

After that you will find a source of heat, which is a part of local health system, charge your health, maybe find a story moment and progress until end. Order of those things can change, but basically all those bits will be in each level of this horror game, developers will not put a interesting spin on game mechanics or level progression, add unusual parts or something along those lines.

This is very different from fast paced, "meaty" action of Vivisector, big but different levels with medium and long range firefights using belt-fed MGs and rocket launchers, killing sometimes hordes of enemies and getting points and HP in the process, jumping from mass murder in jungles to Alien 2-like sections when you fight "unfinished" monsters crawling vents and so on.

Health system in Cryostasis is interesting, as it is based on body and ambient temperatures. Whole ship is frozen, and as a part of story progression you will unfroze it room by room (with coold ice melting effects on walls). When ambient temperature is lower than body temperatures, you health starts to slowly drop to ambient levels. In order to increase your helath, you "charge" from sources of heat.

BtJZJiY.jpg

A monometer-looking thing on the left lower corner is your health display. Yellow thing is your stamina, red outside circle - ambient temperature. Animation, main character breating and camera movement also changes in those moments and became more relaxed.

Spoiler

1505466-cryostasis_2010_08_25_23_54_03_50.jpg

7c63aa2c-a301-4e77-be5a-85a77ac6825d.png

This mechanism is rather good for making traversing this ship a more tense experience, as moving through "blue" cold parts makes you more and more vulnerable and player is searching for next source of heat to take a brake and replenish his health. This helps with feel of progression and gameplay structure, as each new source of warm feels like a comma in a text, a next target and a way to make player feel more paranoid during movement through "hostile" cold areas of the ship.

Health system also lands well with story of main hero slowly warming up whole ship, as player also would like to do this to make fights easier for him, creating a sort of connection between main hero and a player.

Plot.

Plot have 2 "faces", one being direct voiced narration of Danko, second being allegorical story of The Ship where The Crew did not listen to The Captain, lost their way and thats why ship got stuck, but told in artsy-fartsy way that was annoying to me. A scene with cows, where player watches flashback of a stake becoming ..umm... a stake and than taking control of a guy that was pressing "make stake" button, releasing those cows from a ship into big bright while light was something that made me angry and forced to put game on pause of how hand-fisted message was.  

scr3.jpg

Spoiler

95449.jpg

DANKOOOOOOOOOOO!

original.jpg

If you like this kind of story, than Cryostasis is probably for you. Storytelling itself is done using dialogues heard in flashbacks and hallucinations. Danko story told during main hero watching at drawings that you find in some parts of levels.

normal_1315173242.jpg

Spoiler

dab59faf50dac2edfe6777fa99a8daaf.jpg

Ending makes those allegorical plots more obvious, a little bit sweet but in general i felt it was not worth my attention.

AI and enemies

Enemy selection is poor - you have Zombie guys with melee attacks (just like in Doom 3), Zombie guys with guns (Just like in DooM 3!), advanced monsters (3-4) with magic attacks (JLiD3!) and 1-2 types of minibosses. Overall you will fight with 8-9 types of enemies in total. Zombie with guns are not much different from Prison Guards, few melee monsters are not mechanically different from Zombies with melee weapons, so as a distinctive enemies you will have less than 5. This problem could have been solved by making enemies to change theor forms or become capable to use new attacks, but that doesn't happens.

I have nothing for this section about AI itself, even if AI was covered in almost all of my reviews. At least they are not that much bugged, i guess. Imagine Quake 1 level of monsters AI and you get an idea.

Conclusion. 

Cryostasis wasn't that successful, as by 2010 (1-2 years after release) Action Forms stopped existing as functioning studio, with number of developers moving to mobile game development, which is a big shame. Action Forms was one of long-living studios on barren landscape of CIS interactive entertainment and loosing them was a sad news for me. 

This horror FPS had number of problems with gameplay being rather "flat" and becoming boring to the middle of singleplayer campaign, thanks to repetative level design, poor weapon selection, low variety of enemies and generally low amount or/and low level of player freedom, coupled with game mechanics not allowing some sort of "sandboxiness" even in linear levels. Horror levels were not high enough for me, Doom 3 was more scary. Cryostasis feels like more better lit Doom 3 with mediocre gameplay and way more artsy narrative.

Story was another factor - disconected plot of Danko and Soviet scientist killing monsters, not really gripping allegorical fairytale about The Captain and his Ship/Crew were another part of this game leaving almost no traces in PC gamers consciousness.

Overall mediocre gameplay did not manage to back up great visuals, some good mechanics (health system) and art design, leaving Cryostasis in "obscure games" bin forever. I would recommend to try it for those who want to get immersive slow paced horror, but don't bother to complete it and jump out when it starts to feel repetitive.

Decided to try a skirmish mode, with AI teammate and against AI. This is an opportunity to see maps that i didn't managed to get on during singleplayer. Also i am thinking about doing a review and a sort of tactics guide, as apperently there are almost no one made a serious look on tactics in EndWar, which suggests that either those people are way better than me, or they played on "Normal" difficulty level.

lzIL1wL.png

Siege gamemode, we need to capture A or kill all defenders. I am playing with an AI teammate, although there is no communication or coordination tools to work with him.

Spoiler

AjblYHt.jpg

Smaller unit pool means easier time with controlling your troops, more relaxed gameplay. Eurolosers are defending this hill in the middle, my plan is to fuck their shit with artillery and than smash them with tracks of our NotBradleys and NotAbrams.

Zm7Gp5i.jpg

Charge position Foxtrot! Take it and start to spread women rights pamphlets!

BizUMcB.jpg

That is a fuckton of defence on this hill.

TdcTXqg.png

In several guides i managed to find nobody mentoned that command vehicle is very usefull outside of just making this map openable during operation.

XfUvsez.jpg

Eurolosers APCs are attacking

mX68JbZ.jpg

Counterartillery work would have been faster with 2nd SPG platoon.

EVR3CRA.jpg

Enemy had 2 units of artillery. Eurolosers will feel power of our NotXM2001 SPGs!

sib5RWm.jpg

6TbpHQk.jpg

9uacHPi.jpg

Eurolosers brought their own HA vehicle to frontlines

DwqZZJ2.jpg

Wow, TOW salvo fire!

GKfy0Hc.jpg

iwG3usY.jpg

DendiCu.jpg

IAduvw7.jpg

FPN69A6.jpg

dSO3yex.jpg

FEWpw1n.jpg

35uCMwN.jpg

WZyxgka.jpg

yMDujUd.jpg

Managed to win in less than 10 minutes, so enemies didn't had time to bring their hordes of cannon meat.

VlMa4aL.png

Time to play for Motherland and crush some imperialist dogs. We need to destroy random buildings on this map, it will stop Americans doing their American things like electing different presidents all the time.

Spoiler

XNGQnKp.jpg

MXs1zjp.jpg

cv8tY95.jpg

Umm... this is little bit too much of tanks.

fEIollo.jpg

TXWLWjh.jpg

WrDq5fu.jpg

roYp21c.jpg

First time i see evac chopper being shot down.

34x3aTF.jpg

We will begin with A and than proceed to B. No, this is not a military alphabet lesson.

alnY190.jpg

Found good place to park tanks. Nice view. Defence turrets are in range of main guns.

EJQx1Qb.jpg

zV2BSsG.jpg

Preparing to advance to B.

7q7j4fe.jpg

Apparently we are going to destroy X-men Institute.

rvhzn3m.jpg

Zrh1wc4.jpg

Run, Charles Xavier! We will not allow to Americans to use their comic heroes on battlefields of EndWar!

GMTBmjU.jpg

And fuck your fences too!

aOVrvtP.png

FIB3PWP.png

SPAAGs scared those vultures off.

DNXECb4.jpg

Shpetsnaz tanks are breaking into Xavier Institute and destroying automatic defence turrets.

z9qBr9M.jpg

vxrW6ap.jpg

Ojjspjx.jpg

AA flamethrowers don't care about your flares!

4PEk9au.jpg

Part of forces already are working on softening next target.

loYR6lo.jpg

qkGCpaN.jpg

T6cMXtx.jpg

Tanks are slowly leveling Xavier mansion.

UH7K7mr.jpg

2 platoons of Cowboys tanks are counter-attacking our position. My colleague demolished target D, so we need to destroy just 1 more target.

UwI7THw.jpg

GdlGcTW.jpg

gyJNz5T.jpg

Xavier's mansion flattened, mission complete!

7lIoOBf.jpg

Bfq7d8O.png

So, I've been playing a game called Star Wars: The Old Republic, or SWTOR for short. It is developed by Bioware, and published by the Evil Administrators (EA), and came out in December, 2011. It's an MMORPG in the Star Wars universe, but it is unknown whether all this is "canon" according to Disney (I haven't seen anything official, and no one in the game can give a straight answer. My guess is it's in limbo, as it still makes money). 

Basically, this is back when the Sith lived in large numbers, and controlled an Empire that challenged the Galactic Republic. There are 8 character classes (4 for each faction), each with a different story, gear, companions, etc. Combat is... idk how to summarize it; it makes sense from a game play perspective, but I just don't know how to describe it... you have an ability bar at the bottom of your screen, with hot keys 1 through = set up for your actions (attacks, heals, buffs, etc.), and you lock on to enemies and allies with an autotarget feature, and you smash your keys and do more damage than the enemy does to you. I don't know how it compares to other games, as this is new to me. Characters have health bars, and stats that increase certain aspects of your character, like Endurance, Critical chance and damage, Alacrity (attack speed), strength (damage), armor ratings, etc.; and all these stats can be upgraded via gear and leveling your character, per usual. You also have dialogue options, as well as the choice as to which side of the force your character sides with (you can have light side Sith, and Dark side Jedi, among other things). There's a lot of stuff packed into the game (which is free to play, BTW), and I wish I had the motivation to do a nice, concise review and maybe even class specific series like what loooser did with Endwar, but I don't have the drive to do that. 

I don't have any screen shots of my characters, as it doesn't work for me for some reason :wacko:, but I will leave you with one of the cinematics, which are pretty good IMO. They're nothing like the actual game, BTW. 

Another playthrough of skirmish mode with AI commander partner. New map, strange that in main campaign devs had situation when regions right next to each other had exactly the same map assigned to them. This one was a little bit more fun as giant walls and barricade in entrance made me do what i never did during singleplayer - breach walls. It would have been better if EndWar singleplayer had more varied objectives and mission structures.

kkjmvf7.png

And Raid again, as i did very small amount of those during singleplayer.

Spoiler

axyxNmI.jpg

moIfBL5.jpg

AFV AI tries to use roads to move for long ranges. Also, it is interesting that in almost all skirmish games i had, AI commander on our side didn't interfered with my part of battlefield, we manage to spread our forces without problems.

DADLSsq.jpg

This tank is actually a giant thing on tracks.

oNh1LD4.jpg

Infantry can cross here, but there are defensive UGV parked there, who are pretty good at killing infantry. Also, i don't have it, lol. AFV can't get through barricades.

K6KEyVr.jpg

No entrances are visible nearby.

t7ttorr.jpg

Combat engineers arrived to capture points and if needed, provide flank security.

gEKEU6J.jpg

A lot of animations for soldiers is actually well done and cinematic. Sometimes i wish this game was more infantry focused just to hang out more with them.

w9BOXfc.jpg

Animations of loading into APCs, deploying from helicopters and some others are nearly cutscene level of quality.

VkoXZVR.jpg

Meanwhile, near the Great European wall - let's make our own entrance!

sIEss4c.jpg

P0ru2PA.jpg

rLJLPzR.jpg

Attack begins. Tanks will breach military base and envelope target building from 2 sides to clear it from all UGVs.

oKG1W5A.jpg

V9zxmDw.jpg

I like how capturing point is shown - in right upper corner game shows small pre-rendered clip of soldiers with rifles and in bodyarmor hacking computers.

ZDd7wbz.jpg

Tanks are advancing and easily crash all drones.

W46adES.jpg

Euroweaklings tried to counter our attack, but got roasted.

oD78xHg.jpg

Continue shelling this very critical random hangar!

NYxxi9q.jpg

Both opponent commanders decided to crush our AI commander. More time for me to continue assault.

KVMztcx.jpg

Heh, after tanks failed enemy tried to use their choppers.

IIPHhD5.jpg

RKyElZs.jpg

To the next target!

Y92YJO8.jpg

Head on clash with 2 platoons of Eurotanks ended badly for Euroweaklings, thanks to airsupport and my maneuver of tanks with depleted "sheilds". Usually in a fight of 2 MBT platoons vs 2 MBT platoons there are almost no survivors, as in "combat chain"/balance of EndWar those units are on the same level and don't have upper hand over each other. We took rather small loses of 2 tanks vs 7-8 of theirs. 

EmunFdN.jpg

Same tactics here - breaching and than attackers are divided into 2 directions.

OBacmVs.jpg

MNaOGKJ.jpg

xpUv5to.jpg

tTjnhk8.jpg

SsKPwqK.jpg

0gngX2E.jpg

DaGT8RC.jpg

R2cf4zj.jpg

oFBwosS.jpg

H2RneGq.jpg

7lRxwUi.jpg

GJjbYO0.jpg

Ofs1Tt0.jpg

Second skirmish battle, this time we are playing for Euroweaklings. Their tanks are strange mix of one of variants of Leo 1s and Merkava 3s. And their wheeled death traps have ATGMs. Hmm... i think i saw ATGM armed wheeled death trap recently done by one of our forum members. Did he worked for Ubisoft before that?

fVjy3Rt.png

Raid, again. This map could be seen in my spam about EndWar campaign playthrough, but in other gamemode. Raid use a part of the map that was not relevant for Conquest session. Using balanced loadout, want to see different units of Euroweaklings from upclose.

Spoiler

x7cJ4Jo.jpg

CazFUVF.jpg

1n7GEJs.jpg

SxIiFeW.png

Those rocket pods located in such way that if something goes wrong, helicopter and crew compartment will get maximum damage, lol.

wYebqPe.jpg

Let's start our operation. I will try to flank enemies and hit Z, then Yankee and Sierra. I suspect that our team AI will push through center.

1ifHk2k.jpg

2vBqzgR.jpg

lQKcy2A.jpg

1HrJsgH.jpg

mkiiYZp.jpg

0o4eST1.jpg

smRBhw4.jpg

iyOlDwd.jpg

UGV's return fire staggered our weak tanks. They don't know what to do!

9BXBgWV.jpg

Only with help of IFVs, 2nd tank platoon and combat engineers we finally started to win this very hard battle against weak defence structures of this building!

1XzBrGZ.jpg

Gt7luUK.jpg

2c0zSGP.jpg

US infantry tried to snatch uplink right in front of our troops. Because we are Euroweaklings, we need all our units combined fireweakness to deal with those group of Americans.

qsH3i7r.jpg

xgWXulw.jpg

Even defeated Americans are too strong for us! We need to kill them fast!

3X4cDca.jpg

VZk7trJ.jpg

zmbPfGu.jpg

Road accidents are very dangerous for our wheeled death traps! We must stop our operation to change wheels.

7pGE2qA.jpg

Tanks can continue to push forward. Another very hard battle against automated HMG turrets.

bQsfx6G.jpg

gc39Ra0.jpg

3 step hull roof, rear Merkava-looking hull... what is this thing?

sFm8U7s.jpg

Next target.

YxW4Svt.jpg

kspjrrQ.jpg

8o3Z5t2.jpg

You missed!

cbtRbyO.jpg

AsvbWRL.jpg

In the same time, Americans were holding front access pretty well, even after tanks were hit by airstrikes.

YXHvZdZ.jpg

Americans destroyed all our attacking tanks and now counterattacking! They are too powerfull to deal head on, thats why we use flanking and backstabbing tactics, cause we are Euroweaklings!

vg1MPIY.jpg

acEJ6pR.jpg

nldyil5.jpg

jx8JA35.jpg

Svj8pAT.jpg

We manage to complete our objective before JSF managed to attack us with their NotAbrams tanks.

aaGluMV.jpg

Slav squat fireposition was animated in EndWar, lol. @Akula_941

DUEW6eF.png

Spoiler

fVziTO7.jpg

Hordes of Russian Shpetsnaz soldiers

UNcvpDK.jpg

BcLZqVB.png

fAF8O4z.png

4dD9xEG.png

DAa5cyD.png

gZ1Evsd.png

One of last, if not the last map that i didn't saw in EndWar. Elimination game mode was chosed as it is faster and more fun.

RVULrxE.png

Spoiler

Nsf1Wr1.jpg

Helicopter smashed a lot of fences even before landing. This thing is huge.

RjjKgU6.jpg

7TmsGyi.jpg

HNbygBp.jpg

2 groups of gunships attacked my teammate.

IjRQUGh.jpg

Bad place to park, Mr IFVs.

sfJ0dVs.jpg

9SAqgqN.jpg

Another group of IFVs, with enemy tanks arriving to this fight.

tI4rGwP.jpg

T-100s killed IFVs and now are pulled back, let artillery deal with heavy armor.

Lv84jj9.jpg

Tanks are counter-attacking, as second platoon of enemy tanks can be seen far away. We have not much time left before they will get to us, so killing hostile MBT platoon now will make future fight easier.

UWwPezK.jpg

Airstrikes was called in right moment.

11uVAdh.jpg

So many targets to shot!

r0yNc5C.jpg

AkbOwWQ.jpg

NbrDtvV.jpg

Damaging UGVs with flamethrowers

5DFfXyP.jpg

Infantry can be seen rushing to hangar to the left from T-100s. They will deal with commander vehicle

4K8AAWi.jpg

o62Pq5h.jpg

Our opponent's command AFV tries to run away, but it is too late.

1OnyMwQ.png

Before getting defeated, it launched small UAV to spot as much as possible.

zSIx2pt.jpg

2nd wave of attack - tanks and IFVs are gone, so only ifnantry left as ground units for both hostile AI commanders. Gunships are trying to cover this attack.

gyI8mxp.jpg

he2ab33.jpg

NtkJRxc.jpg

US6x6WW.jpg

ys64Ihj.jpg

bDm6h1t.jpg

sD81XcF.jpg

Some other things i collect for a review.

Spoiler

AI pathfinding is taking into account roads.

TZhlDZO.png

Infantry can enter building only in specific place and from specific side. Although, during the game you can watch almost a real time cutscene when soldiers enter structure, devs made a fancy custom animation for that. Sadly, it doesn't work in replays.

Mo4rwj6.gif

In buildings engineers are dangerous for armor. You can see how one IFV was blown up by RPG to the rear hull.

3Ktj4Xf.gif

They even leave buildings with fancy animation. Infantry squad is broken to 4 fireteams, each with individual rudementary pathfinding.

M7bT05a.gif

This substructure of infantry unit allows to make soldiers to do different things and look more alive. For example here you can see how 1 fireteam is taking cover near building corner while others are spreading around and move towards designated point.

fgQA6Vk.gif

Game have a lot of X-plosions. Note how trees lose their leafs after first shells hits enemies.

0o2rJkA.gif

mmOaa4N.gif

Continue to collect some stuff for review (for nitpicking, hehe). Decided to go retard and play CoD MW2 Washington D.C. mission-esque skirmish battle, but taking role of Russians instead of Cowboys. Also, will look at how Normal AI works.

khQwOAV.png

Spoiler

v3b2OdO.png

My plan is to fuck around with infantry, look at some details of this game while artillery will be busy killing JSF attackers and their hordes of Ramirez cannon meat.

0Xzodn8.jpg

Gq0g3NG.jpg

Infantry taking blocking positions.

1NiSFn5.jpg

Combat engineers will be located in bunkers in front of my troops, so they can start to suppress enemies before they got in range to hit artillery.

txPFnnC.jpg

"Wow. That's a really low res texture!"

SwqAqAw.jpg

Hordes of enemies require a lot of shelling.

SXDDKeU.jpg

Be7400I.jpg

MG7P3I2.jpg

Americanskie bastards are trying to counter artillery. 

xPxSt71.png

a1pQSrq.jpg

SPGs continue to shell enemies. IFVs are trying to get out of range of our artillery, they were advancing to frontline until first shells started to drop. I guess MW2 mission would have been way different, if enemies had artillery support, haha.

aT38Al4.jpg

Infantry will hack servers to get some additional support when reinforcements arrive.

zd3zxN2.png

LXSG6L6.jpg

JSF soldiers are trying to advance using what cover they have, but we see them well enough.

81jo2Qt.jpg

Playing with AI teammate allows to observe some of his behavior. For example this group of tanks were parked or moved around near uplink A that we need to defend, but only now, when enemies are getting close, AI dispatched them to deal with Cowboys.

bQAEhqJ.jpg

Meanwhile our opponents are trying to flank, sending IFVs with infantry. AI isn't commited to this attack too much, as majority of units are located in the central area of this battlefield.

sWhcHvx.jpg

After getting hit by artillery, IFVs are dropping infantry so they can jump into nearby building and use it as a shelter.

SyYEZhW.jpg

Infantry is almost one with hacking. Also, minefield on the road isn't my.

z9nYcbj.jpg

More groups of helicopters are trying to break our defences. AI probably picked gunship spam because we have a lot of artillery and their gound units would have had serious problems, if used.

bfCcdhu.jpg

Light infantry joining AA work.

JzFsUDG.jpg

Enemy tries to counter our artillery with their own.

DoDMixy.jpg

Slight repositioning to decrease splash damage to second platoon of SPGs, now it is time for counter-counter (lol) battery barrage.

53IM1kg.jpg

After suffering serious casualties, their artillery is running away. We received light damage, thanks to number superiority and a fact that we previously hit their artillery and damaged them.

6H0W7ql.jpg

Infantry fighting with gunships

cO0Tqaq.jpg

0BthxPY.png

MAGp6s3.png

This pack of gunships is leaving after losing 2 vehicles.

cWUjhc9.jpg

GqzcVaO.jpg

AOT6sOi.jpg

Infantry have nearly FPS level of number of animations, like firing from cover, firing from left/right corner, leaning to cover, leaning to corner (left/right), standing/crouch/prone positions, etc. etc. 

GIzhntP.jpg

Enemy tries to sneak infantry in one of our own bunkers. But entrance to it is on our side, so they need to run some distance. Repositioning my SPG to aboid AT fire from attackers.

kB8QZd5.jpg

Same platoon of friendly tanks were tasked with destroying attacking hostile squad of infantry. AI is keeping them for defence, which is good.

S1MXKG2.png

Choopers are trying to get to our SPGs, probably seeing them as most dangerous. 2 infantry squads on our right flank already. Looking at the map you can see how enemies are flanking us from left and right (North and South). Not bad, i thought that Normal AI is just dumb, but i feel they are just less agressive and have slower "mouse clicks" per minte/rate of giving orders. 

TzBNREZ.jpg

Infantry moved to counter American soldiers on left flank, but squad re-grouping to fight with nearby gunships, as enemy infantry is our of their LOS.

kgbzwFO.jpg

Artillery finished infnatry on the left, gunships received too much damage and now retreating. We need to clear our right flank.

QbuYISr.jpg

Maskirovka is back, we can reposition this squad to block hordes of imperialists on the right from assaulting SPG positions.

Xav2B4l.jpg

Pathfinding in tight places isn't perfect, but works well enough.

Zaqqwxs.jpg

ajnK7vv.jpg

Friendly AI pushed his tanks too far, infantry can't help him in time.

MiNhHMw.jpg

Working on clearing streets from hordes of Americans.

LsvskY5.jpg

Enemies are depserate to make a gap in our defences, AI sending his command vehicle. Light infantry is getting closer to automatic turrets.

8CrlVCX.jpg

1 squad is down, 2nd one will not be a big problem as it suffered loses and we still have serious defences here.

aiiqe2W.jpg

Artillery made our foe to change his mind about attacking with his CP on tracks.

4cInwy2.jpg

Cowboys tries to peek, will get hit by our combat engineers and turrets. Also, 1 second is left before we will get all support possible.

GIEfatc.jpg

Artillery, again. My teammate went with Helicopter spam and SPAAGs, which is not bad unit composition. Note that he didn't bothered with artillery, possibly because i have it already.

AAIqoa3.jpg

74xABZ0.jpg

Hordes of Kamovs arrived.

L5Hq32c.jpg

Unit on the right flank was defeated, now their evac chopper is under fire.

uKOepR4.jpg

mTJvFEK.png

V5difbU.jpg

kvRbmzS.jpg

Regular army arrived.

djvCRbd.jpg

XD2PGr4.jpg

7LRfFeU.jpg

ug8iIyB.jpg

Movement spotted behind those trees.

utL2e8M.jpg

Our infantry is moving towards position Yankee to recon what is happening on the right and clear it, if needed.

cmlB1Gc.jpg

Our helicopters spotted artillery and now trying to destroy it. My SPGs are joining this healthy activity.

IdQI23Y.jpg

XHDTKg0.jpg

Enemy infantry was spotted and now artillery is working with our new customers. "You guys missed!"

P1wyo57.jpg

HAHAHA!

C6aIA9a.jpg

Another wave of assault.

gA8SOBq.jpg

Engineers are rushing to cover. IFVs are going to be hit hard with RPGs.

diTfw85.jpg

acf51AA.jpg

bNWDNuw.jpg

fB6bxSC.jpg

89pzkon.jpg

IxyT11f.jpg

Views of the map:

Spoiler

XP5BRQD.jpg

MSmehGd.jpg

6yDAM5z.jpg

z9W4POz.jpg

5FBoTe4.jpg

G7IUh8L.jpg

1ehhS5m.jpg

jOClTU4.jpg

xcmojaf.png

VJAKXTM.jpg

3Gaq7F6.jpg

OvQQy0K.jpg

Helicopter for infantry:

Spoiler

dGeMpkH.jpg

3AGVoX3.jpg

6ZjOdtq.jpg

uleSWwa.jpg

deML72Z.jpg

AhmwkWU.jpg

e4q68Fl.jpg

8PvY3J3.jpg

TkS682p.jpg

hojRFOC.jpg

For review (infantry AI related stuff):

Spoiler

Squad AI is capable of spreading forces across multiple separate cover positions. Action games usually have problems with this type of situations, you can see sometimes when enemies are trying to take same cover in FPS. Also, not many FPS/action games have squads in a first place.eIwLh2K.gif

Gq0g3NG.jpg

Fireteam that didn't manage to find cover in certain distance is located behind others. This could be solved if devs increased range at wich soldiers can search for relevant cover positions.

1NiSFn5.jpg

Engineers are entering bunker.

7yTvLZc.gif

Camera snaps into "cinematic" position (if you don't press any buttons) and shows how unit is entering structure by fireteams. Soldiers have animation of starting to run and stopping, which make them feel more fluid than even in some of modern RTS. 

HIPGuog.gif

Same with infantry unit that captured point - cinematic position of camera + custom "we are posing for our new album cover" animation.

5OwXyRr.gif

MAXIMUM CINEMATICS MODE ENGAGED

9bxUB5I.gif

A lot of objects on map count as cover for infantry, but they can be destroyed (sometimes just by tracks of AFV).

78UQm2B.gif

Mostly correct stances for object behind which they take cover, but "Behind enemy lines" had more precise detection of cover height and shape. It doesn't really matter here, as units deal damage to each other in more abstract way, than in "Behind enemy lines", which is more of simulation type of tactical RTS.

YDkvBFL.jpg

GrzaZpo.jpg

BBt6SSC.jpg

More examples of chesthighwalls type of cover

Xny0KZk.jpg

Also, just noticed - soldier with heavy helmet usually have faceshield opened, but when approaching frontline he slides it down to cover face. Neat detail. 

xnOhI4C.jpg

Palms are as big as their whole heads. Hard working Russians, obviously.

Iwc1JR2.gif

During firefights, some soldiers can move and switch between many animations in short amount of time. For example engineer on the left from standing position switched to low crouch, than moved a bit and went to high crouch, and few moments later - prone. Immersion!

Metro-2 (2005, don't confuse with Metro 2033 and Last Light, those are separate) review in progress. Visuals indoors are bugged, textures of structures are displayed incorrectly. Outdoors sections are fine. Playing with some of graphics options didn't helped. In fact you can't change resolution when in game (or even just in menu). Game takes place in Soviet times, main hero kills a lot of communists in progress, main location is Metro-2., a secret section of Moscow subway system made only for high level members of the Communist Party.

@Akula_941

@Scolopax

@Lord_James

@Collimatrix

This is going to be a good ride.

sJw4vl6.png

Spoiler

CUeApne.png

Lighting system is fucked, but his face appears to be how i remember it when played it 13 years ago.

QHpVLwz.png

UevCMBm.png

Headshots are pretty satisfying to make, is it will finish enemies way faster (1 shot) than trying to hit them in center mass, where they can absorb 5+ bullets easily. And visual feedback is not bad - ragdoll have a weight and headshots feels impactful. Enemies also lose their headgear in the process.

kHH7Br2.png

This bugged texture work is really annoying.

grQLs0a.png

Akimbo PMs! CoD: Communists Remover!

kwvs75e.png

Bullets reliably bounce of metal and hurt you, even if you shoot at 90degr. to the surface and locate you character at some range.

I0jn3iA.png

Strong parallax/bump mapping to represent damages to the walls from explosions. Kind of like in FEAR.

Pg5CvLq.png

And of course, propaganda placards. You can't call yourself a Soviet theme game without those hanging everywhere.

4YMhOSk.png

"Physics!"

v6xQ18e.png

"PHYSICS! YOU SEE, COMRADE GAMER? JUST LIKE IN A REAL AMERICAN GAME!"

ZNXHGb6.png

"Oh, forgot to tell that our AI have problems with physics stuff."

uEsl4ak.png

d2A8Cux.png

"Our AI generally have problems with spotting as well."

KFTnvFv.png

"YOU SEE? IT IS SOVIET THEMED GAME! WE HAVE USE BUTTON HUD IN SHAPE OF SOVIET STAR!"

4jelPFa.png

2 bullet marks on metal bar is from pistol, tried to shot over it but game decided that bullets should be placed under aiming circle, when you are near an obsticle, and bounce bullets back at me. 

EJjd4od.png

AI is dumb, although Normal difficlty level should have been called "kind of Hard". Also, main hero animations are wrongly timed - just a second after shooting he starts idle animation when he pulled pistol up and obstruct whole screen with it. Game is clunky, main hero can get stuck in walls that have some details modelled, walls with windows, vents that are located on a chest levels, physics objects, on small scenery details on the ground like railroads and so on. Although you can unstuck rather easily from it, but during combat this feels bad.

FO3LCVL.png

Although headshots are still fun to land.

mHPaXFJ.png

GK9tAWS.png

Something connected to a plot, but i don't care. I am bothered by angle at which our protagonist is holding his SKS.

rx7ALcr.png

Those guys probably worked in Black Mesa, thats why they are used to seeing piles if bodies and don't react to them.

W5L5ylo.png

29WEvTq.png

Oh, ventilation system! How original. This is no Venom: CO, so those places are safe from squads of low-polygon SF soldiers bursting in and this mean those vents are boring as fuck.

0Q5TQCF.png

We are progressing and game textures are improving. Maybe to the end of this game all the bugs and clunkiness will disappear as well!

WzYWrIt.png

"We have exploding stacks of paper documents as well! Like in FEAR that was released in the same year!"

oW9pBgx.png

This is a place i was searching for several minutes in order to progress and that was hidden in labirint of rooms. Thanks, good level design! 

mX8tOcu.png

It wasn't me!

EIcrqSK.png

Pe Pe As Eh have very clunky firing mechanics. Main fire is bursts only, and during them gun recoils down and to the right, while having violent spasms and jumping all over the screen. It is funny how SKS have less recoil than this thing. PPSh is for shotgun range and center mass only.

Wuzcf89.png

Ummm.. comrade ragdoll? Are you Ok?

awLF99S.png

Oh, i see. Comrade Ragdoll tries to show that this is Soviet themed game. Immersion!

dance-03_02.jpg

HrR9pY8.png

Because of this strange recoil, and thanks to how hard is to really control it, majority of your shots are going to hit anything bad enemy head. Going for center mass will give you this result - a lot of bullets hit enemy legs and do little damage. 

zdiY8nr.png

Trying to aim chest - i think more bullets hit door behind this guy than intended target.

aAXNJ1t.png

Looks like this is best way to aim this thing - left shoulder.

QRe6QfT.png

This communist recognized my superior Pe Pe As Eh firing skills and now bowing down to my excellence!

43opQ31.png

Nahm2yc.jpg

Owwww shit! Even firing pistol bullets through those things is a pain in the ass and very dangerous to main character. Firing a fullauto gun that shakes in the hands like a jackhammer is going to be a suicide!

TRq6rcW.gif

Ummm... I guess it will not be a suicide.... this AI gave me some time to aim, because spotting is hard.

bUhvkjh.jpg

n8fT6ic.png

Thanks to being at an angle, all those bullets that bounced from this cage thing did not hit me. Soviet metal rebars are most bulletproof! They send bullets back at invaders!

jqaSLHA.png

"Comrade! Your cap just clipped through metal rebars! Please, be more careful with the socialist property!"

Wb8Po9O.png

Hello! Can i see comrade Main Communist? Is he now in his office?

JFV8I9q.png

rW4aY5o.png

uS4jEyi.png

Sorry, comrade woman, i didn't mean him. I mean Main Communist of this base. In next door? Thanks.

xnJBlSq.png

6fotaRt.png

This again?

dance-03_02.jpg

Local ragdoll is very slavic, indeed!

2ZGaoq1.png

I like copy-pasted bookshelves put right next to each other.

nbeSSlJ.png

Sorry, Main Communist base comander was busy with National slavic dances, he flipped his chair while doing them. I will visit him sometimes later. Have a nice day.

uC99aJf.png

Remember - talking while eating is bad, because Americans are listening.

iuzxblZ.png

I think my Pee Pee Es Eh hit walls more than this communist.

ZJzx3zC.png

Hello! I am loo... i see you, coward!

PE5XMPx.png

And he had bad aim. What a bastard. Sorry, comrade, medical cabinet is 2nd door to the right from this corridor.

ahaLJYg.png

It appears his head wanted to fuck off this place. It probably tried to use death of a body to leave Soviet Union and fly to neareast capitalist country!

9mrDi6a.png

But i put it down just in time. Traitors!

glMw2wZ.png

I think this guy tried to throw a grenade. Animation was so long that i managed to shot 5 times in slow semi-auto and kill him.

VYwTboK.png

Ow, he did managed to pul a ring from it. Suicide communist bombers?

N7yGWG3.png

Stalin's spirit is helping me! How we will get through those superior metal rebars, Comrade Leader of the Soviet People?

FGtM8wt.jpg

FSnbHbH.png

Thanks you, Stalin's spirit!

2nd mission.

WCCD9dj.png

Looks like light maps started to work on a 2nd level. Game is progressing both in plot, level design and on a technical level!

Spoiler

8xWXgFJ.gif

Moving few steps lower - enemies have problems with hitting me. Perfect.

icNGRU3.png

FtSl4YH.gif

AI is also making some progress. They managed to evolve to Half-Life 1 Marines level!

G8Nl1bW.png

Ragdoll is trying to help this dead soldier to look like he is on duty, so Party leadership will not send his familiy to GULags!

KuBZtXT.png

5hrDU7u.png

Oh, game wait! We are progressing too fast! I am not ready to see SOME color! This amount of shades of brown is too much for me!

SIjXlqI.png

gxW1Dtl.jpg

Look, even shadows started to work! Although light source in on the left, but still, it works!

fElARws.jpg

This is very detailed small bush. Maybe to the end of it Metro-2 will look like Crysis 3?

j7UYJVD.jpg

This shadow of a traitor. Even his shadow is betrays him while he betrays Soviet Rodina!

0CUx6If.png

Everybody here have excellent stretching. Probably because they dance Slavik national dances all day long. Those Russians!

pTRDH6H.png

Very detailed!

hkdpzaJ.gif

When using secondary attack on rifles, games zoom in, but in a strange way. Weapon and skybox doesn't change their size/scale at all between normal and zoomed view.

RtnRszf.gif

Suicide communist bombers continue to undermine themselves.

frlBzMk.png

XUB8CLr.png

4iYB1tB.png

Grenades are hard.

0ZgwhVJ.png

Jumping can reveal part of the map outside of this GULag.

OYj2QyH.jpg

Ummm.. why?

pxW7pq9.png

Aiming so hard now that Skybox became broken.

HIYRZQi.png

Comrade Ragdollov also trying to conceal true casualties of Soviet Union!

IG7rchD.jpg

Cutscene that shows hordes of Russians. THey are trying to stop me with Human wave tactics!

tgPeJtj.png

wkDNktE.jpg

HD water effects?

ki7PKTw.png

yiPCSPG.png

One of them tryed to throw a grenade...

l5Ol2kl.png

2RvxoJ5.jpg

Spotting is hard!

Xj5vONF.jpg

Quality work by GULag prisoners, for sure.

XLZHkEz.jpg

Can you dig a ground in a less low-polygon fashion, mudak?!

4w1D2BF.png

Did you know that Moscow was build by GULags?

PwRID9S.png

NjUhC5L.png

Heh, again this problem with textures. No, wait a minute...

0_199dcc_ff985a89_orig.png

This is Soviet trick against imperialist invaders! They painted each underground base is such way to confuse American dogs!

iPr6ZYJ.png

pxv8W0E.png

"I don't give a fuck about shooting and pieces of human bodies flying around" with scared worker on the background.

quIdwx3.jpg

Comrade Ragdollov didn't liked this guy in particular.

fzs2OTW.png

Shooting is hard!

KPiaLHR.png

Few steps lower - and this guy wil have problems with firing at our main hero.

HgCeK0K.png

You shoot like traitor of Lenin's ideas!

WBRMmI0.png

Damn i'm a good.

AY7p119.png

vDQpmKF.png

Added a bit of tomato sauce to make this scene more hardcore, for propoganda purposes.

wpYzc2T.png

Grenade spam is useful for creative re-arrangement of things inside of targeted rooms.

ApSiyTo.png

That looks... not bad.

zTg7R0m.png

Advanced glass simulation? Not bad, Metro-2.

dFwyIwi.png

Gush, i was ambushed while looking at their cool windows! Traitors! Also, shooting this pillar will not help to finish main protagonist with 1 HP left.

U309c47.png

dZ05dT8.png

ZIOmra3.png

Comrade Ragodollov, stop this!

MHERgxD.png

QOZbHOg.png

Only in trains game allows you to destroy light sources.

ysfsTCA.png

Damn i am good with headshots.

1Xnu9J5.png

Damn this AI is dumb.

aWxrWiG.png

Metro-2 never tells you that those greenboxes have ammo.

tyOaO8o.png

RPG-2. Probably one of very rare FPS that have this type of weapon.

zzjsQ9B.jpg

Loading screens were outsourced to elementary schools.

QMKqbmH.png

And you thought that this bodyarmor can stop pistol bullets?

MJWR38y.png

Good morning, traitor!

18ENE3C.png

You are off our train to bright future of communism!

ZpWqejZ.png

Please, don't hold with your hands moving parts!

tsPTqFR.png

Navigation is hard. Go away, bad AI.

ugTheqh.png

YrZOAQQ.gif

That guy have a style.

KDrQRyN.png

Sturmgewehr-47!

3rd mission - we need to run to end of subway station, push a "Us[sr]e" button and get to next mission. As mission happens indoors, textures are kind of fucked.

nLZu9fo.png

Spoiler

q7ybB3V.png

AxbWJVS.png

HypXWDl.png

AK is so fucking big, end of a barrel is in region of aiming circle.

jGvMbn0.png

Full auto with this thing means accuracy of drunken Russian NKVD member.

ljOCP2i.png

yyLeCym.png

Fancy glass continue to show up.

aCs57IP.png

pjFpuCZ.png

And that is all? Turn a valve?

wxiY7Vb.png

Firing a weapon near obsticles means that you will have this kind of situation.

UbI62xM.png

Or this.

Afo54EQ.png

Grenade explosion leave those marks.

jeTfCNb.gif

AI still have problems with grenades. I hope they will figure it out before end of Metro-2!

KGdJxmY.png

"What?! Our soldiers are so uneducated and inferior that they can't figure out grenades that we supplied to them?!" Yes, this is Beriya.

And any shooter from those times should have sewage level. Metro-2 is no excpetion, but it is full of GULag prisoners that managed to escape from the state and now doing bandits stuff. And this level looks horrible even on not modern machines.
Ld2n1E1.png

Spoiler

hzsMpOr.png

aCmT5xP.png

uuQsDnB.png

Ex-prisoners are doing nothing but attacking people by running in line one by one at them.

RKBglAQ.png

Slippery surfaces in those sewage is bad for your health, mr Soviet bandit.

vsEejGT.gif

Rat acrobatics with help of SVT-38.

e94rNAy.png

0crfqhS.png

TEalIrl.png

NKVD troops and bandits are working together to attack people by charging them one by one in perfect line?

XU1NGic.png

eOcHgdU.png

I8Lf5MQ.png

LnySKkC.png

Metro-2 singleplayer as a whole continues to be mediocre experience at best. 4 similar missions of "go to first/last train car and press Us[sr]e button" or "Go to another train's  first/last train car and press Us[sr]e button" were especially boring. 

oHpucvr.png

"Textures on those boxes are very good, taking into account how terrible we look in particular."

Spoiler

YjF8auk.png

Muzzle flashes of AK were deisgned to blind shooter and defend him from PTSD and vision of enemy faces in moments of their deaths.

54KPca7.png

That traitor was hit so hard with 7.62x39 that his body now flies away.

ZYSJsHk.png

Main hero is emitting Red Hot Communism.

7D4wjCu.png

Thanks to recoil of AK-47, a lot of boxes were killed as well during this firefight.

bQYtsoE.png

"You shot me several times, but i am still shooting back at you, what can you do about this, comrade Player_1?"

BVrnPbK.png

I will flank and shot you in the head, mr. NKVD tough guy.

8Ro0Lma.png

Never shoot directly under you if material is metal. It will bounce everything back. Even if i look there i feel somebody is looking back at me. 

IXOUHkx.png

Conveyor belt isn't best place to relax, mr traitor.

xjTzd3r.png

Look! Cutscene! Quickly, shoot at it ASAP!

pHvniGv.png

Um... this mission was completed several posts above, no? Oh, there is a time limit now, so everything ok, it is a brand new mission with unique objectives. We need to unhook last train card as it is on fire. Personally, i would leave it there, it would make main hero appearance in next mission more cinematic!

Spoiler

eU1M2IS.png

Oww, fuck, i hit metal object while being in front of it. Now main hero have his own bullet inside of him.

rACJL3w.gif

Those traitors of Soviet Ideals just don't want to let it go.

2YdgEIU.png

I wish our subway trains were moving so fast.

s7oM7th.png

On next level broken textures were joined by broken boxes.

Spoiler

Hqu4TjF.png

Shooting rifle into the ground in front of you will not help to kill main hero, comrade AI!

Rm5DTAg.gif

"Huh, what happened here? Who are you? Where is my horse? Did you took it?!"

XjHYWXe.png

CRejcpK.gif

Best AI and level design 2005 working together.

VrTNa94.jpg

All this moving around make or main hero feel burning red hot communism, anger of all of proletariat to bandits and parasite of Soviet people! 

Wa7XXKo.png

pg8QkdS.png

Corners are hard to figure out of bandits AI. Probably because textures are broken, because those places never saw light of Lenin's ideas.

lFcxMEd.png

This guy is so stupid that he didn't even understood that he no longer have brains. Although, he didn't had them in a first place, so maybe this is realistic.

7kVeAJG.png

Second shot in his mouth did the job. He no longer can spew his simple barks, so AI decided that it is no longer needed in Metro-2.

ByketoD.png

2XZL7VH.png

How many bandits are in Moscow secret subway system?!

ukOgUFf.png

Why are you not bothered with this?!

B2tEry7.jpg

This one is smart. He hides his head inside of the wall, so i can't headshot him and end this battle quickly. Bastard!

Spoiler

Fi5Rffc.png

Ow, Mero-2, wait! This is too much of badly rendered subway station with broken dynamic lighting system. I'm so used to dark corridors with no textures, this is too much!

K0s03RH.png

0yUovtP.png

Oh look, new type of enemy - slightly fancier soldier with SMG!

5WbqU31.png

mn5bX4a.png

We reached next station. This is an ambush, according to mission briefing shown on a piece of paper. Those bastards even prevented any cutscene from happening!

8B4SpSV.png

zyM6pgT.png

Looks like everybody is participating in thise ambush.

MqK8vqa.png

t4sA7El.png

QAkWTtn.png

Mouth shots looks like are move effective than headshots. Makes sense, as those AIs are emptyheads.

RI0mMfB.png     

In Leningrad Subway system loud speakers always runs reminders to not run on the escalator, and for a reason.

SWnwd5t.png

Exploding is also fobiden without direct order from Communist Party.

ReoT9Oi.png

kr7TECH.png

Never though that i will prise how older CoD showed their objectives, but i am not going to read this wall of text during ambush, which this whole mission is about.

9R9pOVJ.png

Bow down in front of my mouthshooting skills!

Ni8RTXs.jpg

If you crouch, he will lose LOS and you will be safe, lol.

gyk8kRX.jpg

Thanks fo standing in a central line of this train.

7b0Acvi.png

Throwing grenade into back of your comrade in front was probably a bad idea.

QjK4ZoN.jpg

Sterling SMG? Capitalists supplied them to those traitors!

OtPA8F2.png

And those capitalist SMGs are bad at headshots.

5lQyBqh.jpg

Thanks, Spirit of Comrade Stalin for guiding me to mission objective!

Next station, next ambush. Those guys are bad at ambushes, they fail every time. Maybe because of Spirit of Comrade Stalin, that guide our main hero to mission objectives?

oY5UurS.png

Textures are still broken and dynamical lighting left for better-paid work on other games.

Spoiler

Cp7lyGL.jpg

oGUzPjd.png

Mission is to get to that train.

kDReeZM.png

It is so easy to snipe bad guys from such long ranges as 50+ meters!

DWhcvXk.png

This bright head pulled a ring from grenade and threw it 15 meters away. Also, he humped in special "i am covering my head from loud explosions" animation that allows to just walk to enemies like on a pic. Idiots.

oOMvXh2.png

eBKxlqd.png

Again, comrade Ragdollov? This train is going to take off, not a good place to relaxed sitting on ghost chairs.

r7PtZh1.jpg

Deja vu train begins here! Last train card interior are not even rendered here. We need to get through exact same ambushes several times.

CvdMBkj.jpg

YjoBrLF.jpg

ARh1mDk.jpg

kHbGQl0.jpg

This is another soldiers, not the same guy from previos pic.

7D4bWc0.png

Comrade Stalin continues to guide us and protect from Deja vu psyops attacks. Glory to Stalin objective markers! 

Traitors attempt to ambush main characters continues, but they don't know that this guy is main hero of a videogame, so they have no chances.

Q7GTg1r.png

Bad guys continue to explode themselvs with hand grenades. Seriously, this happens so often in Metro-2, especially because of super long animation of throwing those things.

Spoiler

bb5aopR.png

Windows of trains are just a suggestion of where elements of subway systems should be located.

Jn9nhoD.png

Attacking in perfect line is not a great tactics.

Xq03kSw.png

Soviet Union saved a lot of money using copy-pasted train cars everywhere.

m4Tm0K5.jpg

2gruzsy.png

PPSh is stronger than AK?

ig2il3Y.png

Guiding hand (or medallion) of Great Leader of USSR continue to help us to located mission objectives.

Bia8smI.jpg

Our train is slowly moving through station, traitors decided to ambush our MGB officer using riflemens on a station and by spawning number of conspirators inside of this train.

Spoiler

aKqTs4J.png

Enemy tried to do Mass Effect Andromeda escape method through the roof, but my AK handling skills were quicker.

YZmp4rS.png

Firing PTRS is like firing grenade launcher with instant delivery of projectiles to targeted point. Also, it produce a lot of fragmentation 9each fragment is physical, BTW), which can hit or even kill you.

JXX2n7s.png

"Don't look at me! I am bugged!"

wp3Jyfa.png

Those conspirators continue to blow up their own bodies. This happens way to often to be a bug of AI, this is probably a tactics, to conceal their real identities!

24Lwy7W.png

Still, those guys can't stop our MGB officer, guided by spirit of Socialism and receiving telepathic orders from Stalin.

MpNoRD9.png

Enemy body is flying away, and fragmentation is flying towards me, hurting main hero.

CQyxZ8n.png

nj4zik1.png

Hey, look! Hame graphics are not as borken as usual on this level. We are in Moscow's catacombs.

Spoiler

nO94SDu.jpg

MGB: Tomb Raider begins. We would have crafting and bow, but this is 2005 game and no such things were popular in those times.

SBEFqFp.png

But fucking jumping puzzles were still very popular back in the day.

UdoWqMP.png

This guy didn't manage to survive all those jumping puzzles and decided to go for bullet in the eye instead of jumping around like in circus.

dDRRX0p.jpg

Oh, i love endless grey linear tunnels.

VhbkZPq.png

Hmm.. game doesn't look too bad here.

9Jk6HGO.png

I kind of like that we have SOME color, again.

U9CnrLR.png

Oh, back to grey levels and grey enemies. And little bit of ketchup.

JBixVcC.png

Boxes are also really bored with everything being grey and want to fuck off from here.

quNPFjc.gif

Barrel decided to go for it. It probably will try to get out of USSR, and its shape will help it to blend with barrels full of oil and get through Iron Curtain. Barrels are slippery bastards after all, i will personally report about this to Comrade Stalin about anti-Soviet elements among containers without corners.

bH2OC6z.png

It was anti-tank rifle against capitalist creations, but in Soviet Union its power is just enough to destroy fans.

Qd7HgLI.png

Looks like even lighting system is coming back to life!

9QwCYY4.png

hy6c18s.jpg

Stop eating my bullets, Mr bullet-spongy bandit! Why ALL Moscow underground structures have either traitors of Soviet Union, or bandits? I bet those were Englishmens work!

1McZnyh.png

Breach and clear! 

5w48eeX.png

oQtwz9h.png

2JKT5Wd.jpg

rS7iHzG.png

I know that GULag is making people tough, but not for bullets, devs!

pvb5Oyp.png

Tunnels full of bandits are directly connected to secret Soviet Union military bases and labs.

rQAaENc.png

Hello, contra!

Spoiler

0UpwVfV.png

Knife is too big to get between those bars, according to Metro-2.

qOKvXym.png

Exploding, again. Are they trying to kill me by PTSD from looking at their pieces flying around?

hLqs2if.gif

Comrade Ragdollov decided to show off with slow-mo fly of dead traitor body that took almost a 30 seconds of real time to finally stop.

R0ckgvQ.png

"Attention: Danger!" Yeah, i see it by my own eyes. But.. they were bleeding from their eyes... maybe i shouldn't have looked at it?

5QnAD1i.png

5GFLEQ7.png

Unexpected sleep attacks can be dangerous for you and for Socialist property. Don't forget to take brakes from heavy work, like from betrayal of Superpower countries.

KijdZ34.png

That is old and fat traitor. Easy to hit, at least.

O7RPitt.png

BymrECZ.png

kxYTwkl.png

Is this... a WW2 veteran i just shot? Metro-2, why you are doing this to me?

2AQNFfq.png

God damn putschists!

QZNHq88.png

Player model and main character of Metro-2, WW2 veterans murderer and just uninteresting guy - umm.. i forgot his name. Let's call him "Stock Charactorovich Communistov".

xIGvavO.png

If you crawl down the stairs, you will find your 3 twin brothers. And please, crawl faster, i need to kill more Great Fatherland War veterans.

duTkywv.png

He slipped on the railings. Don't ask how or why.

bYnGZjT.png

Probably the only moment when RPG-2 is usefull in combat.

FmAxkl8.png

Few more shots from PTRS will clear this big hall.

9IkDKJa.png

Hey, another veteran. Wait a minute, why all of them look the same and have same missing hand? Is this some sort of trick to make us feel bad for shooting those traitors?

YXpAHGw.png

Comrade Ragdollov is not a nice guy.

fP9cc01.png

Contras scum place is in trashbins!

fupd5V1.png

Now we stuck in more tunnels. This time textures and lighting systems decided to die completely. Those bastards are also working for conspirators!

Spoiler

wg4GlOH.png

"No, this is not an exact copypaste section from Half-Life 2 sewers system level, why are you asking?"

xl7g3gF.png

With power of Communism i will defeat my enemies! My Burning desire to fight traitors and bourgeoisie will manifest itself as a glowing aura of collectivisation! GIVE ME YOUR AMMO!

7u5Cfjb.png

"Seriously, stop asking me about HL2 level and how we are very similar here, it is annoying!"

PGpcTtA.png

j1g7o5P.png

Without light of Lenin's ideals, this corridors was swallowed by darkness of capitalism and now it asks me to buy proper old-style PC to play this POS.

C5O0bTA.png

WXf2OpR.png

Shooting at an angle to avoid catching a ricochet from those forcefield rebars.

m5Kj14s.png

Placards with safety tips for welding stuff is very important to have in administration buildings. What if you need to weld 2 pieces of paper together?

Chn0rGg.png

Doors are hard for this AI.

X6cRD8v.gif

Breach and... no need to clear.

Now we are attacking Lubyanka, because this game is Soviet themed and definitely not anti-Soviet just under the surface!

Sxl9B9o.png

Thanks to muzzle flash i am immune from PTSD that faces of those guys could give me... if i actually saw them! AK-47 is very well designed gun.

Spoiler

8VwuaTe.png

Those MGB soldiers are so incompetent.

MSdk2iq.png

That Counter-revolutionary element probably wrote anti-Soviet poem or did something as terrible.

1o01AKQ.png

Breaching offices of high ranking officers and filling em with lead is not some sort of weird anti-MGB fantasies of developers, those are totally traitors and conspirators that work against USSR!

ZFJ2xIs.png

I see you, AI.

PNYTzJm.png

Umm.. i still se you, officer-traitor.

r4ZwXLU.png

yUpiH4t.png

Thanks for showing me name of this game, it is not like there are HUD elements that always show names of the gun, located somewhere convenient, like in the middle or something.

8a3AAPt.png

Hello! Don't mind me, i and my friend Stock Charactorovich Communistov are walking office by office and machingun everybody inside as part of weird game developer fantasies. Please, don't run around as my body is very trigger happy and likes to solve all problems with bullets!

K3CoBTc.png

5G36LJG.png

cb1MmnQ.png

OrTTxCC.png

Apparently father of main hero was locked down in this prison. Badly-made model of female human helped us because... i have no idea why.  

Q4KseN1.png

Deadly telephone attack!

0h6NoRK.png

AOsDZ1j.png

dywC6hc.png

BmlWT9o.png

YDLt0ZD.png

We finally found a device that Soviets were working on. I think it is Communist maker mind control thing. Or Nuclear bomb control panel. Not sure.

1yd5aiw.png

Traitors are trying to stop us with their Special forces. They can't stop Shpetsna... oh damn, this is another game. Still, i have a whole arsenal of guns to deal with those guys.

Spoiler

5vD5JP1.png

swmKXYd.png

nfLgOT3.png

Strafing? Too bad, this is very small room.

xDjqjbT.png

I don't specifically try to achieve this placement of dead bodies, it is game fault!

IKHeLRC.png

Place where MGB executes people.

KiVO1DG.png

9HnuD3G.png

Interesting part about next stage:

UcdiFTk.png

Yes, i reached mission objective. Let's go to next level of Metro-2.

Spoiler

XcgB0Td.png

kxNDTSO.png

Chase scene! Where is my RPG to deal with those idiots?

And here is level after that:

MuGtqU0.png

Curscene? Those are rare.

Spoiler

RDV6ouH.png

Girl with a gun? New character almost in the end of game?

iYfG5oD.png

Hey, camera, there is something wrong with you. Camera? Are you ok?

Yf2Uubr.png

Great, when game is reaching climax, we are playing a flashback to how this girl appeared on this station...

eCVDmFg.png

I am sure having deep cleavage is just a part of Soviet uniforms / dresscode.

yp4WKdF.png

kpdV5YX.png

Yes, it is good idea to let your comrades to die.

YrRQMSZ.png

Continue to sit here and do nothing.

ACwcsL3.png

Pink nail polish is very important in combat zones during special operations against armed traitors who captured a nuclear bomb to blew up Moscow.

MfBMk6S.png

At least now we are making something usefull.... after everybody else from a team was killed.

HjLAXnT.png

siunwnQ.png

pvlgplM.png

AnhMCl9.png

FstPCwJ.png

Enemies continue to explode.

TNNkEiS.png

Those guys are terrible, they can't her because of that distracting deep cleavage

08gnreN.png

Mission in Google Earth app!

Spoiler

h9xRd1O.png

i9BrCev.png

Game is like "We placed 10 guys in the middle of plain open field. Now fight with them!"

JfyJM3J.png

jt37oBD.png

gdgYxDo.png

Google Earth is cool in first person!

YCI3y9d.png

xE9l93e.png

We are back underground. Thanks, main hero, for looking at your STEN while we are in a firefight.

Spoiler

vkzYqBJ.png

gJSsEw4.png

Sandbox have physical model? That is too fancy for us.

CKdZozy.png

wl7IkHX.png

Unexpected plot twist! Girl is fucking away on our train.. thing!

mtSe2eK.png

Damn, i was trapped in cutscene and enemies used this to caught us.

0h5Du3a.png

Some Samov Fisherovich action.

Spoiler

Sn8a9lx.png

Choked him so hard that even chair broke.

codY39g.png

Ow, even more offices to break in screaming "Tratatatata"!

b88IT1V.png

xm9Vg3A.png

eDLhUGx.png

Hit door with a burst from PPSh, killed myself. Great, Metro-2, really great.

LXRLRcU.png

lP8P9Vw.png

VQKhcUW.png

Grey corridors, everywhere. This is going to be miserable. At least this is last level.

Spoiler

nfGrFfe.png

Shadows of traitors betrays them!

ap9hDq9.png

Yl0viMH.png

That is a big cabinet for 2 officers.

LedAFhh.png

Ass shot. How low we went.

ZMfjyf3.png

"Why are you shooting me?"

OBLzEKZ.png

Damn, i stepped into a cutscene!

lCsr8Jq.png

"I am main evil guy! See? I do what evil guys are doing in American games!"

HkH3dd6.png

Enemies are still exploding all the time.

jtcgvX3.png

Shot him out of his cap!

X8UhjFZ.png

WCURtCj.png

Shadows are still helping to find out their owners. In Soviet Union even shadows help to MGB to find anti-Soviet elements!

XawFBf4.png

This guy tried to write something with his brain ketchup.

SWTle0H.png

rVmt5bd.jpg

2V9aTqX.png

EJJ1tya.jpg

"Haha! I am like American villain. I will have a job in America, in movies! Broadway is waiting me!"

uqPxrWC.png

Nuclar bomb is found. I didn't watched this cutscene to the end, so either they have happy end or Metro-2 blew up Moscow. Don't care.