Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Escape From Tarkov Thread: Good Hunting xXxSTALKERxXx

Sturgeon

I think a lot of people on this forum are interested in this game, so I figured we might as well have a thread.

I haven't bought it yet. Interested to hear which "level" of purchase people think are worth it. EoD is expensive, but I guess it does give you a Season Pass? And the game is supposed to have no microtransactions. From what I have read, all of the perks of the different preorder levels only come with release; everyone gets the same shit in alpha/beta.

But of course, that's all promises as of yet.

From what I hear though, the actual game itself is shockingly polished for an "alpha". It is supposed to be heading into beta soon, but evidently you can still get the preorder perks during beta, so there doesn't seem to be any rush to buy the game.

I've heard there are server issues right now, and it can take up to an hour to connect. Not good. Hopefully fixed in beta?

I'm not sure what to think. I'll probably buy in at at least the lowest level here soon. Considering EoD, but I'd really like more assurances that this game isn't going to be dropped like a hot potato once the devs cash in.

As I posted in the other thread, the game goes into beta this month, meaning ordering even the cheapo pack on this list will give you access

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

Note the other shit from the more expensive packs is handy (I got the 75, mostly because Alpha access a few months ago and the few day head start for when the game goes gold and is live were the only shit I cared about that much.), but, while they're handy and will give you a small advantage for a bitr, if you think they're P2W or unobtainable ingame by yourself without a bit of effort, You'll be sadly mistaken the first time someone who paid alot less than your impatient ass pops you in the dome with a VSS or VAL, or the second time, or third time, or....you get the idea.

The Atmosphere is like if a group of Russian mad scientists (or LoooSeR clones) did horrific genetic experiments and made a monster that consisted of the DNA of DayZ, PUBG/H1Z1 KOTK with the atmosphere and some features from S.T.A.L.K,E.R. and it lived like some Slavic Frankenstein into a game, the game is ruthless as fuck and you won't survive 2 seconds playing carelessly and unplanned with your team if you have one.

......Does this sound like the type of game you want to play? OF COURSE IT DOES, Closed Beta time is upon us soon!

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/news/id/68?lang=undefined

That's also a confirmed list of features coming with the beta release.

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

Why we need a separate thread for each game on the market? Previous threads about single games are no longer active, like Witcher 3 topic.

"Pictured: LoooSeR trying to hide is heinous gentic experiments involved int he creation of Escape from Tarkov to avoid UN trial"

"Also, a Picture of LoooSeR likely holding pictures."

44 minutes ago, Ulric said:

I should probably pitch my PM-63 model to them and see if they will trade me something for it.

They actually do have a thread specifically for weapon suggestions and even credit things like that, however it is unfortunately flooded with fanboy dipshits who just suggest "HURR DURR H UND K GON HERE, SHOULD ADD BECAUSE JOYMANZ DA BESTEST!" and not much else.

One problem they mention though is licensing, I'm not sure they have a trademark for every gun brand ingame but they do like partnerships. (though, to be fair, is the PM-63 even still under license?)

I did see that section of the forums. I knew what I was getting into, but I still facepalmed when someone was explaining why the Faxon ARAK is their favorite dildo.

As far as the PM-63 goes; it's 54 years old, no longer produced, and the original inventor is dead, I think we are OK. I should finish that thing sometime soon. I still need to do the frame and its components.

4 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Why we need a separate thread for each game on the market? Previous threads about single games are no longer active, like Witcher 3 topic.

I think it's a good idea for multiplayer games that several members of the forum play. I agree that single player games probably don't need threads.

Except the Witcher 3.

Here's the English in game weapons and future weapons suggestion forum, like I said It's clogged with dumb H&K fanboys, KRISS fanboys and the like but yeah. (there are quite a few western weapons in the game, the lore behind this being that in addition to the Russian military trying to restore order from the "Scavs" there was also an Elite UN unit sent in to contain the crisis and prevent it from spreading outwards so there's some nice Western weapons despite them being predominately ex com bloc or modern Russian ones.)

http://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/forum/38-weapons-department/

Note that with the exception of the MP5 (which will be added with the beta patch this month), every weapon listed in a non sticky is ingame.

Also note how guns,  with the right parts found ingame can be converted to different caliber configurations, like guns that, in real life have both 9x18 and 9x19mm variants can be caliber swapped if you have the right parts to do so, or the Lobaev sniper rifle for example can be changed from .308 Winchester to .40 Lobaev Whisper and have a silenced barrel added to it which is one of the most goddamn annoying weapons in the game.

12 hours ago, Bronezhilet said:

Oh they fixed the launcer, nice

"You will receive your Device ID within 5 minutes"

...or not

Ah, WoT flashbacks.

6 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

Welp. I bought it.

Let me know if it's not shit. The game looks interesting, but I don't want to buy a glitchy mess. Also, is there a single player component? I don't really have time to devote to a guild or whatever.

Killed 4 people with a shitty SIG pistol, got 2 Krinkovs and 2 Makarovs for my efforts.

....Only to die to the last shitter in the zone because I ran in blindly thinking I had him after he made the mistake of activating a voiceline but he was camping like a bitch with a shotgun. but he didn't even loot my shit.

It was a good day.

Also, for anyone who plans on getting it, before it comes out, we should totally decide if we should go USEC or BEAR faction.

They have perks so it helps with things like weapon commonality between teammates and such.