Sturgeon's House
LostCosmonaut

I Learned Something Today

TIL from Reddit that apparently blitzkrieg was more of a term like EXTREME was in the 90's, aka a way for poorly informed reporters to describe everything the nazi military did....

I'm not sure whether I actually learned something true there or not, but it gave me a "brilliant insight" (meaning most likely I'm horrifically wrong about everything I'm about to say, and am probably a bad person in fact for even THINKING IT)

BUT

I'm going to say it anyway because that's just kinda how I roll.

My thought was that makes radium the original NANO / titanium / carbon...

Aka when radium became the new hotness they put that shit in EVERYTHING / tacked some reference to it onto anything they couldn't put it physically in... (Just like Columbia had jackets with titanium thread, cover girl has makeup with nanobeads etc)

Then I got to thinking... (This, is usually where the trouble starts for me)

My thought was that the Spanish flu started a good bit into this whole radium etc craze where it was in everything. (not to mention that ww1 thing and the resulting starvation and waves of refugees etc)

Could radium etc being in god damn everything for quite a number of years before the Spanish flu outbreak have had a hand in making it so incredibly deadly and et cetera?

I'd actually genuinely like to know, please don't kill me too bad LOL

If there is a del taco in the area you are, they will have this thing you seek.

Alternately the local 24 hour Mexican burrito place that goes by a thousand names depending on the part of the country you're in but all have the same menu boards etc will also have them...

Some of this burrito places known aliases: muchas gracias, filibertos, Alberto's, betos, and I'm sure god knows how many others.

(The menu board at the drive thru is always white with red lettering and usually has a retarded cactus in the top left)

6 hours ago, roguetechie said:

If there is a del taco in the area you are, they will have this thing you seek.

Alternately the local 24 hour Mexican burrito place that goes by a thousand names depending on the part of the country you're in but all have the same menu boards etc will also have them...

Some of this burrito places known aliases: muchas gracias, filibertos, Alberto's, betos, and I'm sure god knows how many others.

(The menu board at the drive thru is always white with red lettering and usually has a retarded cactus in the top left)

Del Taco isn't a thing up here... But Taco Bell Canada has had fries on the menu for 30+ years.

I'm not equating Taco Bell with real Mexican food or a real burrito place at all.

Ah I was mistaken, for some reason I was under the impression you had journeyed to the states for some reason and were attempting to locate something along the lines of your canuckistani taco Bell fries here in the US.

Thus I was attempting to point you in the direction of establishments which exist in the states where you might be able to procure an at least passable substitute.

14 hours ago, Belesarius said:

TIL Taco Bell USA didn't have fries on the menu? WTF USA?  Y'all don't know what Fries Supreme are from Toxic Hell?

#30fuckingyears

Taco Bell has "mexi fries" or whatever they're called. Basically tater tots fried up with their special salt/spice blend.

Why would someone want french fries at a Taco Bell anyway? You probably dip them in mayonnaise too, don't you? Don't bother denying it!

Confess!

CONFESS!!!

6 minutes ago, Donward said:

Taco Bell has "mexi fries" or whatever they're called. Basically tater tots fried up with their special salt/spice blend.

Why would someone want french fries at a Taco Bell anyway? You probably dip them in mayonnaise too, don't you? Don't bother denying it!

Confess!

CONFESS!!!

I almost never eat at taco bell and when I do, I generally get basic soft tacos and a side of sour cream, and get them to leave the lettuce off.  Because BHT tastes awful and makes lettuce irredeemable.