Sturgeon's House
Donward

Terror Attacks and Active Shooter Events Thread

3 minutes ago, Ulric said:

Most mass shootings are not optimized for using high volumes of fire. This is an exception.

Yes, these shitstains have finally worked out that attacking high concentrations of people gives them the biggest tallies.

6 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

How could they possibly tell?

They don't, it's the normal thing you see on the internet of people taking tidbits of information and running with it.

PKM.....Where the hell would you get such a thing and for what possible reason?  Do bears launch human ursine wave attacks in the US these days?

EDIT - Jesus it's getting worse.....I'm seeing reports of 50+ dead & 500+ wounded!  Maybe it was a PKM after all?  Truly, truly horrified.

Weapons from the Fast and Furious scandal have been found all over the world, it's not hard to imagine god knows what on the black market here in the US. I've heard rumors of all sorts of com block weapons here, up to 23mm autocannons.

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

PKM.....Where the hell would you get such a thing and for what possible reason?  Do bears launch human ursine wave attacks in the US these days?

EDIT - Jesus it's getting worse.....I'm seeing reports of 50+ dead & 500+ wounded!  Maybe it was a PKM after all?  Truly, truly horrified.

PKMs are on the NFA registry... But my guess is this guy didn't get whatever he used legally.

The police said the weapons were chambered in 223 and 308 so that narrows it down. 

Edit: They also said the weapons were legally purchased but modified to fire full auto

41 minutes ago, T___A said:

The police said the weapons were chambered in 223 and 308 so that narrows it down. 

Edit: They also said the weapons were legally purchased but modified to fire full auto

Hmmm. Be interested to see exactly what was used.

There was also a stabbing attack in France recently, which ISIS has (somewhat more plausibly) also taken credit for.  There was also a recent attack in Canada.

That said, even though ISIS probably had nothing to do with the Vegas attack, it can't be ruled out entirely.  A number of attacks which appeared to be individual nutters snapping were actually choreographed by ISIS.

The US news media has, for political reasons, insisted that all such attacks are the actions of individuals.  The US news media is not very bright.

7 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

There was also a stabbing attack in France recently, which ISIS has (somewhat more plausibly) also taken credit for.  There was also a recent attack in Canada.

That said, even though ISIS probably had nothing to do with the Vegas attack, it can't be ruled out entirely.  A number of attacks which appeared to be individual nutters snapping were actually choreographed by ISIS.

The US news media has, for political reasons, insisted that all such attacks are the actions of individuals.  The US news media is not very bright.

Right, we won't know until we know.

But I will say, this was exceptionally well-planned. Either shitstain was unusually smart, or he had help.

If someone decided they wanted to own a fully automatic assault rifle, how much paperwork and money is involved?  Some of the news reports are saying he had up to eight rifles.  If these were all full auto rifles, I'm assuming there is a considerable cost to purchasing those legally.  

Acquiring transferable NFA machineguns it very expensive and takes a considerable amount of time. Last I checked, pre-86 M-16s go for about $15,000, and the approval process is still sitting around 11-13 months. This process involves a background check done by the FBI. The cheapest rifle caliber full auto you can get is still sitting north of $5,000, and that is for obscure things like FNCs.

A proper belt fed will start around $30,000 and go up from there. Even semi auto belt fed rifles (which are more of a bitch to convert to full auto that say an AK or AR still run in the mid four digits and up.