Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Terror Attacks and Active Shooter Events Thread

Donward

1 hour ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

I love how the dumbass sheriff is on TV spelling the scumbags name for the press, like full on spelling it out. He should only be referred to a pathetic bag of shit. 

No shit. A lot of things are upsetting about this situation. 

I see so many people now clambering for control, or pointing to some made-up wave of violence. The Onion is getting lots of traffic, with people sharing little satire pieces that paint the US as some sort of crazy place where schools get shot up on the daily. And everyone else in the world looks at us from their ivory tower, wondering how we can be so stupid. 

But a whole handful of laws failed to let this happen. The piece linked to earlier, about how they weren't cracking down on problem children when they raised their ugly head in high school. About how he was mentally deranged. About how he made numerous threats. The security guard that lost his life, God bless him, was put there to prevent this sort of thing. 

So many failures, such a multifaceted issue. But let's boil it own and use the blood while it's warm to lubricate our same tired arguments, without looking at the picture or spending one damned minute thinking about the problem/situation. 

Some people are crazy. They are just fucking crazy and bad. They don't deserve a third chance, or even a second in some cases. Not all kids start off as angels, only to be twisted by a cruel world or situations outside of their control. 

Some people are just fucking bad. And the sooner we find them and put them away, the better for all of us. Or we beat them into submission early with public flogging.

43 minutes ago, Legiondude said:

The previously mentioned MAGA hat instagram account is probably a different Nicolas Cruz. Florida Voting Records for an individual who identifies at Nicolas De Jesus Cruz(use the CTRL + F function) of 19 years age is a registered Democrat before and after the Trump election

Two mass shooters in three years; the Florida Democratic Party needs to get it's shit together.

Wow, look at that, a registered Dem shooting a place up, again. Naturally, just like the Aurora shooting, they find someone with the same or similar name who happens to be part of a right wing group, and jump all over it to further the narrative that it's the gun toting right wing that is ready to snap at any moment and shoot a place up.

1 hour ago, Legiondude said:

The previously mentioned MAGA hat instagram account is probably a different Nicolas Cruz. Florida Voting Records for an individual who identifies at Nicolas De Jesus Cruz(use the CTRL + F function) of 19 years age is a registered Democrat before and after the Trump election

Oh, well then clearly this was just an act of protest against the obviously evil Trump regime, nothing more. The spirit of Gore Vidal guides me.

Honestly, I'm kind of pissed that it has gotten to the point in our society that I have to hold my breath whenever one of these mass shootings occurs lest this is the time when a "right-winger" finally decides to go postal versus some Islamic fundamentalist, left-wing whackjob, or a run-of-the-mill crazy. 

2 hours ago, Legiondude said:

What a shit show. Now I'm reading stuff that the dirtbag's name is "Nikolas Cruz"

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200126034.html

I'm pretty sure it's some variation of Nicolas Cruz, but as said above, will be sticking with the 72hr rule.  I recall someone early on listening to a police scanner and saying the suspect's name was that and that he had red hair before we saw any pics of him and when everyone else was still posting black haired guy.

8 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

72 hours rule should be in play. It usually takes that long to get accurate info. Before that, the cops and media usually don't have clear info.

You're right of course. Although @Legiondude might be right afterall given the addresses in proximity to the school.

It's an entire shitshow.

I'm seeing reports of him being linked to a white nationalist group, as well as being formerly JROTC, and a YouTube comment saying he wanted to be a professional school shooter. All kinds of stuff, all over the map. Also seen reports linking him to a parody antifa page as well. Gotta wait it out and sort out the wheat from the chaff.

Just now, Collimatrix said:

Law enforcement has said they have not found a connection between the (absolutely tiny) ROF militia group and the shooter.

But I'm still seeing claims that the shooter was a white nationalist on Facebook and similar.

So is the jist of the 4chan thing that, they made up the white nationalist part?

4 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

So is the jist of the 4chan thing that, they made up the white nationalist part?

Something like that.  It looks like this might be the result of a slap-fight between various far-right factions on /pol/ or something trying to get each other in hot water, or possibly some attempt to discredit mainstream media by showing how willing they are to publish fake news.  I suppose that, as usual, by the time we know exactly what type of dumbfuckery this was everyone will be paying attention to some other shiny thing.