Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Terror Attacks and Active Shooter Events Thread

Donward

10 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

The left has no clue what kind of Pandora's box actually trying to confiscate guns in mass would be. I don't know a single gun owner who would give them up willingly, most would just report anything on record as stolen, but others would fight it out, because to them, the second is the canary in the mine for government tyranny, even in California. 

The Media and the countries lack of any push for morals or personal responsibly, hell the outright hostility towards it,  in the education system, have produced a lot worthless fucking people, and those factors are more important to the issue than guns. Ban guns, they will use bombs, knives, acid, or trucks. 

The backlash of such an event would result in the end of this nation.  You would at minimum, see a fragmentation.

Which I am beginning to believe is just what some folks in the government and media want. 

1 minute ago, Meplat said:

Actually, both homicide, and firearm related homicide are on a sharp and solid decline. You are just hearing about it more due to the easy dissemination of info, and lazy media playing into scumbag politicians and activitists looking to push an agenda. 

I'm aware of the long term stats. That's a demographic issue mostly. More referring to this ongoing trend of mass shootings.  I mean, I realize that this is just an off day in Chicago stats wise.

2 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

I'm aware of the long term stats. That's a demographic issue mostly. More referring to this ongoing trend of mass shootings.  I mean, I realize that this is just an off day in Chicago stats wise.

It's not a trend, unless you mean the media fascination with all but glamorizing these people, and the usual gaggle of shitbird  loudmouths looking to get their fifteen minutes on TV gabbing about it. 

3 hours ago, Meplat said:

It's still, the concept of a razor wire topped fence around a supposed place of learning, with a metal detector and armed security at points of entry.

From what I hear of my old hometown in inland SoCal, that's basically already happened at the high school I would have gone to had I not moved across the country. Mainly due to encroachment of gangs flushed out of the Los Angeles sewer into what used to be a quiet senior citizen city 20 years ago

More to the topic at hand, it appears this kid is setup for some kind of insanity plea

According to authorities, the gunman who killed 17 people inside a school in Florida told police he heard voices in his head that gave him instructions for the attack.  

The voices were described as 'demons' by law enforcement sources, reports ABC News

Meanwhile, police were called to Nikolas Cruz family's Parkland home 39 times since 2010, according to police records obtained by CNN.  

The sheriff's office received a range of emergency calls that included: 'mentally ill person,' 'child/elderly abuse,' 'domestic disturbance,' 'missing person,' and several others.

So the cops have been involved with this nutjob and his family THIRTY-NINE times in the past decade?

So the FBI was alerted to this nutjob and couldn't be arsed?

And school officials knew he was a nutjob but didn't get a restraining order?

But yeah, we gotta take away the Constitutional Rights of tens of millions of gun-owning Americans who've never done a thing because the authorities couldn't do shit despite numerous people "Seeing something, Saying Something".

12 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

In better news, looks like another one was stopped ahead of time.

I see you ninja'd me. The key point is that someone who knew the shooter well - in this case the grandmother - recognized the warning signs and had the moral courage to turn in the little git.

Personal responsibility is so cool.

20 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Rampage shootings are "memes". These are ideas planted inside the heads of their perpetrators long before they ever decide to conduct such attacks. Columbine occurred in 1999, the year Nikolas Cruz was born. He probably grew up hearing about school shootings, and that that's what disturbed, troubled kids do. And he's enough of a psychopath to actually do it. Preventing these ideas from soaking into the culture of society even more will be difficult, especially since the phenomenon does not seem to be slowing down.

People our age and younger (millenials) have grown up with school shooters immortalized by media and pop culture.

4 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Really hard to argue that we need to ban guns in this case, since the FBI flagrantly neglected its duties.

Obviously, this entire shooting is Trump's Fault.

The FBI would have obviously caught this guy if Trump hadn't been running for president, causing the FBI to spend all of its bandwidth attempting to sink his presidential campaign. 

Five elderly women in Dagestan's Kizlyar became the victims of shooting, which was done by a 22-year-old Khalil Khalilov from a hunting rifle in an Orthodox church on Forgiveness Sunday, four more people were hospitalized

The man opened fire at people in Kizlyar, when they left the church after the service. According to the latest information, five parishioners were killed. All of them were elderly. The attacker was destroyed on the spot by the staff of Rosgvardia. Among the injured - two law enforcement officers.

"When a young man with a hunting gun tried to enter the temple, where the evening service was held before Lent, those who saw him immediately realized that he would start shooting and shutting the doors. Then he began to shoot at women who were outside. He killed four people and wounded five others, among them one police officer and one Rosgvardia" - An eyewitness of an accident.

"Allakh Akbar" can be heard.