Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

United States Gun Control Megathread

Xoon

I've never been in a Dick's sporting good store that actually sold firearms, to be honest. Not that I've ever bought anything there, it's just that I've had to walk through them a few times when at the mall since it was the nearest entrance/exit to where I parked.

19 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

28377984_10155335235681447_5858109636467

Virtue signalling, but on a bigger budget. 

Like anyone needed a reason to boycot Dicks.

As I understand this affects only about 30 stores where they have not already stopped selling firearms.  It's a feel good measure, that's all.

Just out of boredom, I drew up a rifle/pistol that would be just as capable as a "assault weapon", while not counting as a assault weapon:
RsgLDku.png

A semi-automatic rifle in pistol or rifle caliber, since intermediate caliber is "too dangerous". It has a internal fixed magazine, feed by a 20-30 rounds clip, since detachable magazines are not allowed.

A "thumbstock" since a pistol grip is not allowed, but a as long as it is part of the stock it is. The stock that extends all the way to cover the barrel, since a shroud is not allowed and also acts as a picatinny rail, since they are also not allowed, unless part of the gun, it is also not telescopic or fold-able.  Also lacks barrel groves for suppressor, flash suppressor, or compensator, no bayonet lug, no grenade launcher. No selector. Not named AR-X or AK-X or associated with them.

It is made in stamped steel and plastic, in grey and black for the "danger look" to troll anti-gun activists. 

I guess you could make it a bullpup since you need to have a large stock, but I am too lazy, it would save space though. 

3 hours ago, Xoon said:

Just out of boredom, I drew up a rifle/pistol that would be just as capable as a "assault weapon", while not counting as a assault weapon:
RsgLDku.png

A semi-automatic rifle in pistol or rifle caliber, since intermediate caliber is "too dangerous". It has a internal fixed magazine, feed by a 20-30 rounds clip, since detachable magazines are not allowed.

A "thumbstock" since a pistol grip is not allowed, but a as long as it is part of the stock it is. The stock that extends all the way to cover the barrel, since a shroud is not allowed and also acts as a picatinny rail, since they are also not allowed, unless part of the gun, it is also not telescopic or fold-able.  Also lacks barrel groves for suppressor, flash suppressor, or compensator, no bayonet lug, no grenade launcher. No selector. Not named AR-X or AK-X or associated with them.

It is made in stamped steel and plastic, in grey and black for the "danger look" to troll anti-gun activists. 

I guess you could make it a bullpup since you need to have a large stock, but I am too lazy, it would save space though. 

You mean like this?

R16M4FTT-CF1-NYTHD-R.jpg

11 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

What was that about trusting the Republic, @Alzoc?

She broke the law (as usual one might say).

And most likely she did it knowingly (or for her partisan I hope since, she didn't shown much intelligence during the presidential debate) so she can tell she is the victim of some sort of vendetta (orchestrated by the media ofc) against her.

You have know idea how corrupt is her party^^

1 minute ago, Ramlaen said:

Since I am unfamiliar with French law can you tell me why tweeting a picture of islamist violence is illegal?

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichCodeArticle.do?idArticle=LEGIARTI000023711920&cidTexte=LEGITEXT000006070719

Basically she had every right to respond to the journalist that made a parallel between her party and ISIS, which even if the FN is trash level far right xenophobic party with history of holocaust denial (which is also punishable by the law and her father have been found guilty countless time for it) they're not ISIS level.

The problem is that she put gore image of ISIS degrading human beings (Syrian soldier run over by a tank, a Jordanian pilot burned alive,  an American journalist with his severed head put on display over his own body) on public display and basically this law is here to protect minors from seeing it.

She could just had said that ISIS do that kind of thing and that indeed her party cannot be compared to them and that would had been fine.

We know ISIS are barbarians, no need to put their work on display.