Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

United States Gun Control Megathread

Xoon

3 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Emotionally pleas are the only thing the left has, so it trots out crocodile tears and children every chance they get to sway public opinion.

I would just like to point out that there's a reason kooks talk about "crisis actors" and "false flag ops" and shit like that. It's because that's exactly how leftist politicians treat mass shooting victims. Like props.

3 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Also that story is purely indicative of what everyone in the RtBA community has been seeing and saying for years. Just before we had instant communication with millions of people 24/7 via an affordable pocket device, we were called names. Crazy, paranoid, psychotic, you name it. It was just a few years ago that yet another mental health bill was knocked down that was really just a backdoor gun control measure. 

We've been called mentally deranged for YEARS by the left, all for pointing out the very obvious narrative that they've been trying to push for the past three to four decades.

And the craziest part is that the argument has literally never changed. It's the exact same tired talking points that they started with in the 70s and 80s. They got the GCA68 passed and smelled blood in the water. 

Since then it's been a constant fight, with "debates" barely measuring up to what I've seen in high school debate clubs. 

It's always clueless people trying to fool or scare an ignorant majority into giving rights away. And anytime an argument is made, it gets batted around with ad hominems and strawmen are set on fire. 

The left had one hell of a chance with Obama. But amazingly, he was too lazy or spineless to go after guns. He made damning speeches that really portrayed how little the left thinks of the average American in fly over states ("it's easier for a student to buy a Glock than a book!").

But he never actually did anything. Pathetic. 

So yes, everyone is tired. All the facts and data and logic are on the side of rights activists. Emotionally pleas are the only thing the left has, so it trots out crocodile tears and children every chance they get to sway public opinion. They are creating talk shows and news programs that deliberately attempt to erode conservative ideals that are shared by a majority of people in this country ("you don't really believe in X, do you? Only dummies believe in X. It's just common sense that Y is right. Now here's a thinly veiled insult disguised as a joke and a word from our sponsors, pharmaceutical industry C and coke product D").

I am grateful that independent sources are so easily obtainable these days. That is, until the internet is 100 percent owned by the left. Looking at their contributions to Google, they are trying to buy their way into that now. 

one critique-

" It's the exact same tired talking points that they started with in the 20s and 30s"  As in" 1920's".    When I get back to the house I'll scan in an editorial piece and an article from a '32 "American Rifleman" , that would be just a relevant today.

"How do you reconcile what you've just said with the hundreds of school shootings, using assault weapons, that have taken place in recent history."

Is she off her meds again? Is the dementia really rough today? Because I don't know what universe she is living in where there have been multi hundreds of school shootings "in recent history".

She is probably counting every single round fired as a separate instance of a "school shooting". And probably counting every weapon as an "assault weapon".

28 minutes ago, Donward said:

Short of dying, Feinstein will win re-election. But she has been polling south of 50 percent in both polls and her primary. Which means even some Democrats don’t want her.

I'll give credit where it is due, the left squeezes every bit if use out of it's flackies before consuming them or setting them to pasture.

Just now, Ulric said:

And you make fun of me for not wearing jeans. I could be wrong, but I don't think 5.11 will get involved with anti second amendment BS.

Levi has been clear on their stance longer than 5.11 has been a thing. And there's literally hundreds of brands out there who either don't give a shit or aren't taking a stance because money is money. 

Wrangler makes 99/1 cotton/spandex jeans for 20 bucks all day long that you can do damned near anything with. Fuck 5.11 and their overpriced tactical Timmy bullshit. 

Don't take a single press release as personal validation of non-standard life choices. 

15 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Levi has been clear on their stance longer than 5.11 has been a thing. And there's literally hundreds of brands out there who either don't give a shit or aren't taking a stance because money is money. 

Wrangler makes 99/1 cotton/spandex jeans for 20 bucks all day long that you can do damned near anything with. Fuck 5.11 and their overpriced tactical Timmy bullshit. 

Don't take a single press release as personal validation of non-standard life choices. 

Jesus Christ, it was a joke. A light hearted jab. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

10 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Wrangler is mor comfortable anyway.

I buy whatever is on sale at Rural King.

Tends to be made of brown canvas, and have pockets of dubious utility, but they are cheap and take a long time to wear out.

That is when I'm not wearing a work uniform, or one of the nigh upon innumerable sets of coveralls I've collected.

Noting says "Swank" like going into a fairly upper end Aviation themed cafe wearing frayed and greasy WW2 era coveralls and a OD ballcap with a thoroughly fucked brim, and daring them to throw you out.

(Near scottsdale,Az)