Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

United States Gun Control Megathread

Xoon

6 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

It's challenging to even try to comprehensively refute it, it's so stupid.

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/lawmakers-drafting-bill-would-allow-social-media-checks-gun-purchase?fbclid=IwAR3pxC3FMSPmsdqxaJoBp1tFDq17lUEQJejeRG9xHiYal-W2zpqRoZx4WSM

Lawmakers Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks Before Gun Purchase

11 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Now apply that idea to other supposedly "guaranteed rights" and see how it tastes.

People who come up with, and those who promote this kind of bullshit are the lowest kind of vermin, and should be treated as such.

5 hours ago, Lord_James said:

What if you don’t have any social media accounts? Can you not buy a gun? 

I thought not being on social media was a sign that you weren't a degenerate millenial. So perhaps it's a requirement for ownership?

With the exception of Facebook, of course, because your gramma and grampa are on there so of course it's wholesome.

5 minutes ago, Toxn said:

I thought not being on social media was a sign that you weren't a degenerate millenial. So perhaps it's a requirement for ownership?

With the exception of Facebook, of course, because your gramma and grampa are on there so of course it's wholesome.

Naw, if you ever date here in the states girls will stalk you on social media. If you don't have a presence, that's a red flag. 

I see the same thing here. No social media presence? Must be a loon.

In the indelible words of Benjamin Franklin: 

He who is willing to trade freedom for safety, deserves neither. 

Although, I would agree that there are exceptions to this, as the nefarious masses are always getting creative on how to subvert the law, using the law; there are some basic fundamental rights that should never be rescinded, and IMO (and many more), those rights are outlined in the Bill of Rights of the Constitution. This includes my right to own a weapon to defend myself, those I love, my property, and if need be, the nation as a whole. If someone else is willing to give up their rights, that’s fine by me, so long as it is THEIR RIGHTS, and not mine, taken away. 

19 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

It's a good thing the supreme court is now slightly more right thinking. 

It's all the associated expense and bullshit getting a case heard, after you have been convicted by the NYS courts of precrime/ not keeping a positive social media presence.

The fix is, making the prosecutors and officers involved personally liable in cases involving the infringement of civil rights.

You jackboot all over some guy and the USSC (eventually) says you're a douche-canoe?  It's not the taxpayers paying the guy, it's YOU.

Good Guy With A Gun in Seattle helps apprehend shit-stain who stabbed ex-girlfriend to death near the Space Needle (the Seattle Center). 

Background behind the event and his decision as to why he became a CPL carrier here.

http://mynorthwest.com/1179134/man-who-held-off-seattle-center-killer/

As for the video itself. This is what you can expect in Seattle. People wandering around obliviously while a murderer with bloody hands is waving a bloody knife around, while a guy holding a handgun is trying to detain him. And the useless rent-a-cops in the video were as worthless as tits on a boar hog. And yeah, that was a rent-a-cop on a fucking Segway.

Also look at the moron with the mace, who was lucky he was stabbed to death. Which shows you how effective that shit is.

Further observation, Good Guy With The Gun did the right thing by immediately putting his gun on the ground when the Seattle Police finally decided to show up. 

10 hours ago, Donward said:

Good Guy With A Gun in Seattle helps apprehend shit-stain who stabbed ex-girlfriend to death near the Space Needle (the Seattle Center). 

Background behind the event and his decision as to why he became a CPL carrier here.

http://mynorthwest.com/1179134/man-who-held-off-seattle-center-killer/

As for the video itself. This is what you can expect in Seattle. People wandering around obliviously while a murderer with bloody hands is waving a bloody knife around, while a guy holding a handgun is trying to detain him. And the useless rent-a-cops in the video were as worthless as tits on a boar hog. And yeah, that was a rent-a-cop on a fucking Segway.

Also look at the moron with the mace, who was lucky he was stabbed to death. Which shows you how effective that shit is.

Further observation, Good Guy With The Gun did the right thing by immediately putting his gun on the ground when the Seattle Police finally decided to show up. 

Note how the pepper spray did basically nothing, and the first taser deployment failed.

starting with this shit again.....

TLDR: Bans parts kits, effectively bans individual manufacture of firearms, retroactively makes it illegal to posses individually manufactured firearms unless you take active and immediate steps to make them comply with the new law. BTW, those steps might not even be possible because you have to talk a local manufacturer (maybe dealer as well, IDK) into "issuing" you a serial number for your weapon. They are not legally compelled to do so, so you might not be able to.

Just for funsies, it also effectively bans selling parts kits that you already own.

Also, bans the sale of aluminum, steel, and other materials, because of poor wording by idiots.

SEC. 2. Do-it-yourself assault weapon ban.

(a) Banned hazardous products.—Notwithstanding section 3(a)(5)(E) of the Consumer Product Safety Act (15 U.S.C. 2052(a)(5)(E)), the following shall be considered banned hazardous products under section 8 of such Act (15 U.S.C. 2057):

(1) A firearm receiver casting or firearm receiver blank or unfinished handgun frame that—

(A) at the point of sale does not meet the definition of a firearm in section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code; and

(B) after purchase by a consumer, can be completed by the consumer to the point at which such casting or blank functions as a firearm frame or receiver for a semiautomatic assault weapon or machinegun or the frame of a handgun.

My prediction is that this will not become law, but they just keep pushing the envelope with this shit.

Also, I love the name "3D Firearms Prohibition Act". The language doesn't specifically state anything about additive manufacturing, so I will assume that it is for the prohibition of three dimensional firearms (which it basically is).

1 hour ago, Ulric said:

Also, I love the name "3D Firearms Prohibition Act". The language doesn't specifically state anything about additive manufacturing, so I will assume that it is for the prohibition of three dimensional firearms (which it basically is).

:huh: Are there two and/or four dimensional firearms that I don’t know about, on the market? 

2 minutes ago, Lord_James said:

:huh: Are there two and/or four dimensional firearms that I don’t know about, on the market? 

Well, 2d guns are about as useful as 2d waifus, and I still don't have a way to prove whether or not 4d guns can be interacted with in our universe, so.....

21 hours ago, Ulric said:

starting with this shit again.....

TLDR: Bans parts kits, effectively bans individual manufacture of firearms, retroactively makes it illegal to posses individually manufactured firearms unless you take active and immediate steps to make them comply with the new law. BTW, those steps might not even be possible because you have to talk a local manufacturer (maybe dealer as well, IDK) into "issuing" you a serial number for your weapon. They are not legally compelled to do so, so you might not be able to.

Just for funsies, it also effectively bans selling parts kits that you already own.

Also, bans the sale of aluminum, steel, and other materials, because of poor wording by idiots.

My prediction is that this will not become law, but they just keep pushing the envelope with this shit.

May as well round up all the machinists.

Shit like this gets passed, I am setting up production, MkII STENS , everywhere.