Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

United States Gun Control Megathread

Xoon

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/959322/crossbow-uk-for-sale-high-street-laws

To anyone here who even remotely questions why the majority of this country is done trying to "have a discussion" or "compromise" on the issue of gun control, I present to you the following quote from the above article.

"DEADLY assault rifle-style crossbows are available on high streets and online without any need for a licence or background checks. "

That's the first line. 

There is no apologizing to the left. There is no compromise. Nothing short of eternal servitude under the authoritarian state will appease them. 

Our idiot, sue-happy state attorney general in Washington state is now suing the federal government - again - this time to prevent blueprints for 3D printed guns to be shared via the Internet.

http://mynorthwest.com/1064795/state-ag-ferguson-to-file-lawsuit-over-3d-printed-guns/

Because Sideshow Bob apparently didn't learn about the First Amendment, Second Amendment, or the concept of prior restraint when he went to law school.

12 hours ago, Donward said:

Because Sideshow Bob apparently didn't learn about the First Amendment, Second Amendment, or the concept of prior restraint when he went to law school.

Those aren’t required courses at the Karl Marx college of law ;)

The National Rifle Association is going broke and running out of money

https://nypost.com/2018/08/03/nra-says-its-broke-and-on-the-verge-of-collapse/

The reason seems pretty murky but somehow deals with being unable to obtain liability insurance coverage due to a lawsuit by New York and Governor Andrew Cuomo. Of course if the NRA really needed to save money they could cut the multi-million dollar salaries of Wayne LaPierre and the rest of the remoras siphoning off dues to pay for their luxurious lifestyles.  

Without liability insurance, the “NRA cannot maintain its physical premises, convene off-site meetings and events, operate educational programs … or hold rallies, conventions and assemblies,” the filing said.

NRA-TV may also be on the chopping block, the Oliver North-led association complained.

Or you could cut NRA-TV *eye roll*

3 hours ago, Donward said:

The reason seems pretty murky but somehow deals with being unable to obtain liability insurance coverage due to a lawsuit by New York and Governor Andrew Cuomo. Of course if the NRA really needed to save money they could cut the multi-million dollar salaries of Wayne LaPierre and the rest of the remoras siphoning off dues to pay for their luxurious lifestyles.  

Without liability insurance, the “NRA cannot maintain its physical premises, convene off-site meetings and events, operate educational programs … or hold rallies, conventions and assemblies,” the filing said.

NRA-TV may also be on the chopping block, the Oliver North-led association complained.

Or, we could get rid of Andrew Cuomo. That piece of shit is a burden on society and can't keep his nose out of other people's business.

I have no particular affinity for the NRA other than that they are a very strong pro 2A voice, and losing that would be detrimental to defending the right to keep and bear.

Words cannot describe my discust for the Cuomo bothers, though. May every pestilence and hardship befall them.

5 hours ago, Donward said:

Or just move the offices out of New York State?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! The NRA was actually useful for once (this time working with the 2nd Amendment Foundation)

http://mynorthwest.com/1083992/nra-lawsuit-win-i-1639/

The the judgement has removed an initiative from the ballot here in Washington state which would have increased the age to buy semiauto rifles to 21, required further background checks, and would have punished gun owners if their firearm was used in a crime after not being “safely stored”. 

I-1639 was problematic across a whole line of issues, including violating the State Constitution and prohibitions against multiple subjects in an initiative. 

But what got it thrown out was shady initiative signature gathering practices.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:58 PM, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/959322/crossbow-uk-for-sale-high-street-laws

To anyone here who even remotely questions why the majority of this country is done trying to "have a discussion" or "compromise" on the issue of gun control, I present to you the following quote from the above article.

"DEADLY assault rifle-style crossbows are available on high streets and online without any need for a licence or background checks. "

That's the first line. 

There is no apologizing to the left. There is no compromise. Nothing short of eternal servitude under the authoritarian state will appease them. 

What a puerile comment.....Are you somehow under the impression that the Express is the voice of the UK Government or Her Majesty's Opposition?

I know your 'country' has been subject to rule by media for some time, but that's just not how it works in the civilised world.

As for crossbows.....They're what dipshits who can't get a firearms licence buy when they want to try to make themselves look hard.  Consequently they occasionally get used by said dipshits when their bluff gets called, thus attracting the media like flies to a turd.

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

What a puerile comment.....Are you somehow under the impression that the Express is the voice of the UK Government or Her Majesty's Opposition?

I know your 'country' has been subject to rule by media for some time, but that's just not how it works in the civilised world.

As for crossbows.....They're what dipshits who can't get a firearms licence buy when they want to try to make themselves look hard.  Consequently they occasionally get used by said dipshits when their bluff gets called, thus attracting the media like flies to a turd.

Since apparently you folks in the "civilised" world still haven't gotten the message

knifecrime1.jpg

I swear to god you people will give up literally any freedom if Daddy tells you it makes you look classy.

Well, considering that Great Britain is a country that was more upset about President Trump visiting, than Islamic terorists sneaking into the country as “refugees” and blowing up little girls at an Ariana Grande concert, one shouldn’t be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 4:48 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Really bud, you're going to get all insulted over how a foreigner views your country, via your own press?

Welcome to "Being a U.S. Citizen".  You go overseas and everyone thinks you're either a baccy chawing yehaww redneck, or a vapid cali sun-bunny. 

5 hours ago, Meplat said:

Really bud, you're going to get all insulted over how a foreigner views your country, via your own press?

Welcome to "Being a U.S. Citizen".  You go overseas and everyone thinks you're either a baccy chawing yehaww redneck, or a vapid cali sun-bunny. 

My experience of US tourists, for what it's worth, has pretty consistently been that they're friendly, outgoing, overweight and clueless.

13 hours ago, Toxn said:

My experience of US tourists, for what it's worth, has pretty consistently been that they're friendly, outgoing, overweight and clueless.

You'll note that a lot of them are also rather elderly. That's what I noticed when I was living in Japan.

Barring the servicemen on leave (who rarely went far afield, where I was living) you saw the tour groups.

They'd always try to pet the monkeys.

21 minutes ago, Meplat said:

You'll note that a lot of them are also rather elderly. That's what I noticed when I was living in Japan.

Barring the servicemen on leave (who rarely went far afield, where I was living) you saw the tour groups.

They'd always try to pet the monkeys.

Definitely.