Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

United States Gun Control Megathread

Xoon

Yeah, I want voting rights and gun rights to be the same.  They are both super important right, we don't want the wrong people voting, maybe no waiting periods after registering to vote. 

And don't even start with that racist bullshit about POC being to dumb or poor to get ID, that's so racists, a Democrat must have come up with it. 

21 hours ago, Xoon said:

And what about a incentive for people to buy less "assault weapons" with either a tax on the more lethal weapons, or a discount on the more personal defense oriented firearms. 
Let's say all small compact pistols with equal or less than 15 rounds in the magazine gets a 15% discount. 
Or all hunting rifles that can contain more than 5 rounds have a 10% tax. 

Blackpill moment: Banning assault weapons, even if you had a magic genie in a bottle to wish away every single rifle that falls under that category, will not eliminate mass shootings in America and will have a painfully minimal level of impact on the gun related death rate, because as already mentioned the primary instrument of gun homocide and suicide is a pistol with a handful of rounds loaded into it. 

Even pointing to something like magazine bans, the Parkland shooter specifically chose smaller magazines(10 rounders) for his AR because he could fit more in his backpack

And that's not even getting into the era of modular AR builds and the blurring between pistol-sized rifles and rifle-sized pistols

Edited by Legiondude

13 minutes ago, Legiondude said:

Blackpill moment: Banning assault weapons, even if you had a magic genie in a bottle to wish every single rifle that falls under that category, will not eliminate mass shootings in America and will have a painfully minimal level of impact on the gun related death rate, because as already mentioned the primary instrument of gun homocide and suicide is a pistol with a handful of rounds loaded into it. 

Even pointing to something like magazine bans, the Parkland shooter specifically chose smaller magazines(10 rounders) for his AR because he could fit more in his backpack

And that's not even getting into the era of modular AR builds and the blurring between pistol-sized rifles and rifle-sized pistols

Or the Philly shooter who had multiple felonies, including ones related to firearms, but was still on the street and had zero issues "acquiring" what he wanted to kill cops with.

Gun laws (by design) only keep weapons out of the hands of the honest .

14 minutes ago, Meplat said:

Or the Philly shooter who had multiple felonies, including ones related to firearms, but was still on the street and had zero issues "acquiring" what he wanted to kill cops with.

Gun laws (by design) only keep weapons out of the hands of the honest .

My point about gun laws exactly, Criminals give no fucks about laws, and those laws might get a law abiding citizen killed by giving him gimped guns, while the criminals can get anything. 

Pretty sure the one use of full auto weapons in a bank robbery in LA, the weapons were smuggled in from Mexico, those gun laws sure helped there. 

7 hours ago, Merc321 said:

People like Ulric, myself, and quite a few friends would easily be seen as stockpiling weapons in literally any European country. That's not how this stuff works in America. You can own as many guns as you could possibly want to own here, with no legal consequences provided you are not doing anything illegal with them. There are collections in the US that could easily arm a small army.

I love the news reports when they arrest someone and find "hundreds of rounds of ammunition". Fucking pikers. But that also shows how little the general public knows about firearms. You can burn through a couple hundred rounds on a very modest trip to the shooting range. If you are really interested and invested in firearms, having 10,000 rounds on hand isn't that unreasonable. Also, if you are serious about training with your firearms, ammunition will be your biggest expense.

14 hours ago, Ulric said:

I love the news reports when they arrest someone and find "hundreds of rounds of ammunition". Fucking pikers. But that also shows how little the general public knows about firearms. You can burn through a couple hundred rounds on a very modest trip to the shooting range. If you are really interested and invested in firearms, having 10,000 rounds on hand isn't that unreasonable. Also, if you are serious about training with your firearms, ammunition will be your biggest expense.

"Hundreds of Rounds" might describe how much 6.5 Arisaka or 7.35 French Long I have.

I suspect my meagre stash of 8mm Ordinance for the M1892 would be "an arsenal" to some swine.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

A lot of the Democratic hopefuls are trying to one-up each other on gun control in a desperate arms race of relevancy. 

Anyone want to imagine the clusterfuck a nation wide buy back program would be?

"Imagine thousands of simultaneous boating accidents, involving the loss of entire collections, all within the span of a week or so.".

All humor aside, the logistics of such weigh against it.  Whole states would rebel.  (which I suspect is what some want).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...