Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

About Waffentrager’s “Type 5 gun tank” post

Jagdika

This is an article simply to show you guys here how Waffentrager is a faker. The original article  ( https://www.weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404213101531682050) was written in Chinese and Japanese. For better understanding I will translate and edit the article and post it here. 

And I must tell you why I want to reveal this shit: Long time ago I found many sayings from Waffentrager’s blog which I had never heard of, so I turned to my Japanese friend and IJA tank researcher Mr.Taki and asked him to confirm a few of them. In the end it turned out that none of Waffentrager’s article is true. I once argued with him and he not only failed to give out his reference but also deleted my replies! I’m very angry!

Now let’s get started.

At the very beginning I recommend all of you who opened this post to take a look at Waffentrager’s original article, that will help you understand what I’m debating.

Here is the link to the original article: https://sensha-manual.blogspot.jp/2017/09/the-ho-ri-tank-destroyer.html?m=0  

In China we need to use VPN(aka “ladder-梯子” or “the scientific way of browsing the Internet-科学上网” in Chinese)to open that link above so at first I post out Waffentrager’s original post in the form of screenshots in my article. I’ll skip that here.

135238iudbfcn7wbghxb4h.jpg

Fig.1: I will skip his original article.

Now, I had raised my first question here: Please take a look at the screenshot:

135239q8p9y7lk7pjk47mm.jpg

Fig.2: My first question

In the original article, Waffentrager insisted that the Type 5 gun tank was built in July, 1944 and fully assembled in August. It was also put into trials at the same time.

135239r335kj5qkktpqqk5.jpg

Fig.3: Waffentrager’s original article.

But, is that true? Let’s have a look at the Japanese archive:

135239jmvwwwwmw031wzj0.jpg

Important Fig.4: Archive code C14011075200, Item 4

Notice the part with the red, this is the research and develop plan for the Japanese Tech Research center in 1943, and had been edited in 1944. ◎砲100(Gun-100) is the project name for the 105mm gun used by Type 5 gun tank. The column under it says: “Research a tank gun with 105mm caliber and a muzzle velocity of 900m/s”. This means that the gun had just begun to be developed and from the bottom column we can know that it was PLANNED to be finished in 1945-3[完成豫定 means ”plan to be finished” and 昭20、3 means ”Shouwa 20-3”. Shouwa 20 is 1945 in Japan (you can wiki the way for Japanese to count years I’m not going to explain it here)]

Next let’s move on to the Type 5 gun tank itself, here is the Japanese archive:

135239t9s91lx0s4uqhl1q.jpg

Important Fig.5: Archive code C14011075200, Item 7

“新砲戦車(甲)ホリ車” is the very very first name of Type 5 gun tank, it should be translated into:”New gun tank(A), Ho-Ri vehicle”. “ホリ” is the secret name of it. Still from the column we can easily know that Ho-Ri was also planned to be finished in 1945-3. But under that column there is another one called:”摘要(Summary or outline)”, in this it says:”砲100、第一次試作完了昭和19、8”, In English it is: “Gun-100, First experimental construction(prototype construction) finished in Shouwa 19-8(1944-8)” What does it mean? It means that in 1944-8, Only the 105mm gun used by the Type 5 gun tank was finished! If the Ho-Ri tank itself was finished why it was not in the 摘要 column? So how could an unfinished tank mounted the prototype gun? Waffentrager is talking bullshit.

Also from Mr.Kunimoto’s book, he gave the complete schedule of the 105mm gun, here it is:

135239hwi4skwr43bfu33j.jpg

Important Fig.6: Kunimoto’s schedule

“修正機能試験” means ”Mechanical correctional test”, it took place in 1944-8, this matches the original Japanese archive(though this chart was also made from original archives). At that time the gun had just finished, not the tank.

Next is this paragraph from Waffentrager’s article:

135240d61uh1ga1rfvfvll.jpg

Fig.7: Weighing 35 tons

From the archive above(important Fig.5) we can learn from the second large column”研究要項(Research items)” that Ho-Ri was only PLANNED to be 35 tons, and maximum armour thickness was PLANNED to be 120mm, not was. Waffentrager is lying, he used the PLANNED data as the BUILT data. I will post out the correct data below later to see what Ho-Ri is really like when its design was finished.

135240cku7x7qkkbx7gqbe.jpg

Fig.8: 全備重量-約三五屯(Combat weight-app.35t), 装甲(最厚部)-約一二〇粍(Armour, thickest part-app.120mm)

At this time, some of the people might inquire me that:”Maybe the Type 5 gun tanks were really finished! You just don’t know!” Well, I will use the archives and books to tell these guys that they are totally wrong. None of the Type 5 gun tank was finished.

Always let’s look at Waffentrager’s article first. He said that a total of 5 Ho-Ri were completed.

135240me2m2jnbznorzk8s.jpg

Fig.9: Waffentrager said 5 Ho-Ri were completed.

He also put an original Japanese archive(C13120839500) to “enhance” his “facts”.

135240tq4zic904f0cm54l.jpg

Fig.10: Waffentrager’s archive

Everyone can see the”ホリ車,1-3-1” in the document, and someone might actually believe that 5 Ho-Ri were actually built. But they are wrong! Waffentrager is cheating you with “only a part of the original document”! Here is what the original archive really looks like:

135240z74o8f4gpo6f9m8h.jpg

Important Fig.11: Archive code C13120839500, Item 7

“整備計画” is “Maintenance plan” in English, again it was PLAN! The whole plan was made in 1944-12-26. I don’t actually know how Waffentrager can misunderstand this, maybe he doesn’t even know Japanese or Chinese!

135241j40rr6v9oiszagmh.jpg

Important Fig.12: The cover of the same archive, “昭和十九年十二月二十六日” is 1944-12-26” in English.

I have other archives to prove that Ho-Ri were not finished as well:

135241h84h7cntcv88z7kz.jpg

135241p8oo8bh7oh9ohlo7.jpg

Important Fig. 13 and 14: Mitsubishi’s tank production chart made by the American survey team after the war ends.

From the chart you can only find out Type 4 and Type 5 medium tanks’ record. There is no existence of Type 5 gun tank Ho-Ri, or the”M-5 Gun Tank” in the chart’s way.

Except for the archives, many books written by Japanese also mentioned that Type 5 gun tank were not finished:

135241ekwr8tj8kn3wxjzx.jpg

Fig.15: Kunimoto’s record.

“二〇年五月完成予定の五両の終戦時の工程進捗度は、やっと五〇パーセントであり、完成車両出せずに終戦となった。” In English it’s: “When the war ended, the five Ho-Ri planned to be finished in 1945-5 had finally reached 50% completion. No completed vehicle were made when the war ended.”

Here is another book written by Japanese with the help of former IJA tank designer, Tomio Hara:

135242s6ixa59qrrp6s9rm.jpg

Important Fig.16: Tomio Hara’s book

“完成をみるには至らなかった” Again he emphasized that the tank was not finished. Also when Ho-Ri’s design was finished its combat weight was raised to 40 tons, not the planned 35 tons. It was only powered by one “Modified BMW watercooled V12 gasoline engine”, rated 550hp/1500rpm. In Waffentrager’s article he said later a Kawasaki 1100hp engine were installed, but obviously that’s none sense. There was really existed a Kawasaki 1100hp engine but that is the two BMW V12 engine(Same engine on Type 5 gun tank or Type 5 medium tank) combined together for Japanese super-heavy tank O-I use. It will take much more room which Ho-Ri do not have.

135242uv3vbmfmkb3f1s64.jpg

Fig.17: O-I’s engine compartment arrangement. There’s no such room in Ho-Ri for this engine set.

And last here are the other questions I asked

135242b3zedq3kqzl3k4yg.jpg

Fig.18: Other questions I asked

I have already talked about the questions regarding C13120839500 and the engine. As for the gun with 1005m/s muzzle velocity, the Japanese never planned to make the 105mm gun achieve such a high velocity because they don’t have the enough tech back then. Also from the archive C14011075200(important fig.4) the 105mm gun was designed only to reach about 900m/s.

So, after all these, how did Waffentrager replied? I will post out the replies from my E-mail(because he deleted my replies on his blog).

135243xijj4b0aztai64ij.jpg

Fig.19: Waffentrager’s first reply

He kept saying that my archive is not the same as his and he is using his own documents. I didn’t believe in these shit and I replied:

135243y4ge6999vg3vpgvv.jpg

Fig.20: My reply

Last sentence, the Ho-Ri III he was talking about is fake. There are only Ho-Ri I(The one resembles the Ferdinand tank destroyer) and Ho-Ri II(The another one resembles the Jagdtiger tank destroyer). He even photoshoped a picture:

135244sr8x5g3vw1rryb13.jpg

Fig.21: Waffentrager’s fake Ho-Ri III

135244vca9lh7laxaehcy4.jpg

Fig.22: The real Ho-Ri I and the base picture of Waffentrager’s photoshoped Ho-Ri III in Tomio Hara’s book. Many same details can be seen in Waffentrager's fake Ho-Ri III

The 4 variants of up-armoured Type 3 Chi-Nu medium tank is also fake, I will post his original article and the confirmed facts I got from Mr.Taki by E-mail.

135244gtkg3tu37uui5ycu.jpg

Fig.23: 4 models of up-armoured Chi-Nu by Waffentrager

135245gn48wcw54zwli4nw.jpg

Fig.24: Mr.Taki’s reply

Waffentrager used every excuses he could get to refuse giving out the references, and finally he deleted my comments. What an asshole!

135245ifghz9v2lzpr3koj.jpg

Fig.25: Our last “conversation”

135245f89jal9zzr5dfaa3.jpg

Fig.26 He deleted my comment.

So, as you can see, Waffentrager is really a dick. He is cheating everybody because he think that we can’t read Japanese. Anyway I still hope he could release his reference and documents to prove me wrong. After all, I’m not here to scold or argue with somebody, but to learn new things. Also if you guys have any questions about WWII(IJA) Japanese tanks, feel free to ask me, I’m happy to help.

Link to the same debate on the WT forum:

Personally I'll keep the same attitude than this guy on Reddit until the issue settle down (Especially since I can't read Chinese nor Japanese):

[–]Jpz. E100 plsStingerRPG 62 points il y a 15 heures 

Reading the original post in Chinese(Hongkonger here), while the sources are somewhat believable, I would advise NOT to take any sides until the whole picture is clear or resolved. What stuns me is that Mai's own sources being used against him/her.

It was very obvious that the guy who wrote the post was somewhat hostile against Mai in the opening paragraph where a slang for Koreans was used, with the overall tone being hateful. But whatever.

I read the whole thing and I'll be frank, neither side is to be trusted at current situation. Best of us commoners to steer clear. I don't have a clue on who's right or wrong but it's best to leave the fighting to the folks in question.

1 hour ago, Alzoc said:

Link to the same debate on the WT forum:

Personally I'll keep the same attitude than this guy on Reddit until the issue settle down (Especially since I can't read Chinese nor Japanese):

[–]Jpz. E100 plsStingerRPG 62 points il y a 15 heures 

Reading the original post in Chinese(Hongkonger here), while the sources are somewhat believable, I would advise NOT to take any sides until the whole picture is clear or resolved. What stuns me is that Mai's own sources being used against him/her.

It was very obvious that the guy who wrote the post was somewhat hostile against Mai in the opening paragraph where a slang for Koreans was used, with the overall tone being hateful. But whatever.

I read the whole thing and I'll be frank, neither side is to be trusted at current situation. Best of us commoners to steer clear. I don't have a clue on who's right or wrong but it's best to leave the fighting to the folks in question.

And if anyone from SH feels like dying on that sword, well, they will almost certainly have backup.

In case some of the netizens on WT forum and Reddit doubt my source of reference, I will post them out here.

All the original archives I used are accessible for the public can be found in the Japan National Archive center's website here: https://www.jacar.archives.go.jp/aj/meta/reference 

And here is the two archives mentioned by both Waffentrager and me:

C14011075200: https://www.jacar.archives.go.jp/aj/meta/image_C14011075200?IS_KIND=RefSummary&IS_STYLE=default&IS_TAG_S1=d2&IS_KEY_S1=C14011075200& 

C13120839500:https://www.jacar.archives.go.jp/aj/meta/listPhoto?NO=1&DB_ID=G0000101EXTERNAL&ID=%24_ID&LANG=default&image_num=6&IS_STYLE=default&TYPE=PDF&DL_TYPE=pdf&REFCODE=C13120839400&CN=1

And books I used:

134758hxpzsgnsc9x4xf8v.png

134758c0rx2hbgptlxxsbr.png

134759zymv23ql21n3aftz.png

134759g4i4c1fmanacy4ez.png

134800lp7g9y7bggs15pe3.png

134759w1jjyztujbfsoh1i.png

Many documents and archives regarding WWII Japanese tanks have already been public viewable, there is always someone don't know.

Well being that both hardcore WT/WoT forum posters and pretty much all of Reddit in general (not just the WT section) have a pretty big reputation of being home to some of the biggest autistic basement dwelling horsefuckers on the English speaking web, I wouldn't worry to much about being attacked here by that demographic. Also thanks for more writings.

Funnily enough, it was never really Waffentrager that bothered me though, It was the fact he was too connected to Daigensui/Sumeragi that always raised questions though. (if you need to ask who that is, spare yourself the mental agony of finding out.)

43 minutes ago, EnsignExpendable said:

Back when I was posting on the WT forums I had a guy tell me that "not penetrated" actually meant "penetrated" in one of my Russian documents because his East German friend said so.

I remember that, Sun_Leader or something like that right?

From now on I will not go to the WT forum or Reddit to argue with some "People with extreme political correctness and will never focus on the article itself and right or wrong". My point is , you can't trust what one has said just because "he is so right and acting gentle so even if he don't post out the original source or reference I will still believe him". That is immature. I have post out my reference, the books I've used, and I have translated the most important part to English. So what else should I do to prove I'm on the right side? I'm really angry with that. There is not that much archives and documents are still unavailable for the public, for me that is just an excuse. Even if it is not public viewable why not post out the title, or where it was stored? Which cabinet in the shelf? I can't understand some people's logic and view of correctness there in Reddit or WT forum. I know I am the right one.

Also someone from Reddit doubt why I post out this critical article 4 months later, the reason is very simple: I post it out immediately in a Chinese website similar to Reddit when Waffentrager deleted my comment and no one response. After 4 months I have acquired enough archives and documents to prove him wrong, so I post out my entire article. For those guys on Reddit: Please, use your brains to think, use your logic to analyze! If you can't read Japanese, why not try to learn it? Or why not use the translator?  Is that so hard for you? The net is so highly developed there are always some methods for you to understand Japanese and what the archives have said! Knowledge and studying change a person! We Chinese are not as stupid as some of the people think. Yes, we have restrictions, but we also have methods and ways to break restrictions.

29 minutes ago, Jagdika said:

For those guys on Reddit: Please, use your brains to think, use your logic to analyze!

That's impossible, you're literally asking Reddit users to use tools they straight up don't have.

Just don't worry about them, you actually have an audience here (and people who read here who will spread it) that actually have to ability to think.

21 minutes ago, Jagdika said:

From now on I will not go to the WT forum or Reddit to argue with some "People with extreme political correctness and will never focus on the article itself and right or wrong". My point is , you can't trust what one has said just because "he is so right and even if he don't post out the original source or reference I will still believe him". That is immature. I have post out my reference, the books I've used, and I have translated the most important part to English. So what else should I do to prove I'm on the right side? I'm really angry with that. I can't understand some people's logic and view of correctness there in Reddit or WT forum. I know I am the right one.

Also someone from Reddit doubt why I post out this critical article 4 months later, the reason is very simple: I post it out immediately in a Chinese website similar to Reddit when Waffentrager deleted my comment and no one response. After 4 months I have acquired enough archives and documents to prove him wrong, so I post out my entire article. For those guys on Reddit: Please, use your brains to think, use your logic to analyze! If you can't read Japanese, why not try to learn it? Or why not use the translator?  Is that so hard for you? The net is so highly developed there are always some methods for you to understand Japanese and what the archives have said! Knowledge and studying chances a person! We Chinese are not as stupid as some of the people think. Yes, we have restrictions, but we also have methods and ways to break restrictions.

I doubt the folks here belongs to the average reddit users. Thanks God!
But since it seems like there is some kind of personal cult around her and logic is no argument for these people. Sadly I lacked the popcorn while I scrolled through reddit but what happend there was really bullshittery at it`s finest.
People argued with such a zeal against points where even Mai stated totally different things than in her original articles because "she jumped to the wrong conclusions". Her fiercest proponents are totally stalker material propably manga invested (sry there might be rare exceptions) halfwitted teenagers jerking of to Mais twitter profile. :wacko: I get triggert by such people.
"But Gajin employs er so she must be totally credible!!11!!" :AHDOTCOM:

4 minutes ago, Khand-e said:

Just don't worry about them, you actually have an audience here (and people who read here who will spread it) that actually have to ability to think.

3 minutes ago, Jägerlein said:

but what happend there was really bullshittery at it`s finest.

I really appreciate both of you for standing by my side. Reddit is really a stink hole. People there will never pay attention to the main topic and always get lost in some other shits. I never post articles or submit comments on foreign forums or sth like Reddit before. I'm getting used to these. And I will pay more attention on my selection of words from now on. Some words which is not a big problem in China might results in huge personal attacks out of China. Jesus.....

56 minutes ago, Jagdika said:

From now on I will not go to the WT forum or Reddit to argue with some "People with extreme political correctness and will never focus on the article itself and right or wrong". My point is , you can't trust what one has said just because "he is so right and acting gentle so even if he don't post out the original source or reference I will still believe him". That is immature. I have post out my reference, the books I've used, and I have translated the most important part to English. So what else should I do to prove I'm on the right side? I'm really angry with that. There is not that much archives and documents are still unavailable for the public, for me that is just an excuse. Even if it is not public viewable why not post out the title, or where it was stored? Which cabinet in the shelf? I can't understand some people's logic and view of correctness there in Reddit or WT forum. I know I am the right one.

Also someone from Reddit doubt why I post out this critical article 4 months later, the reason is very simple: I post it out immediately in a Chinese website similar to Reddit when Waffentrager deleted my comment and no one response. After 4 months I have acquired enough archives and documents to prove him wrong, so I post out my entire article. For those guys on Reddit: Please, use your brains to think, use your logic to analyze! If you can't read Japanese, why not try to learn it? Or why not use the translator?  Is that so hard for you? The net is so highly developed there are always some methods for you to understand Japanese and what the archives have said! Knowledge and studying change a person! We Chinese are not as stupid as some of the people think. Yes, we have restrictions, but we also have methods and ways to break restrictions.

those weaboos only believe things they want to believe