Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The UK Brave Space For Shitposting and Other Opinions Thread

That looks like the cheap Chinese shit they sell at gas stations or bad gun shows here in the states.

And it's an illegal item in the UK.

And an 18 year old obtained one and is openly threatening people with it. 

And those people are likely law abiding and helpless. 

So what is the solution, @Sgt.Squarehead? Do they need to close the zombie knife loophole?

10 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

Yes. Thank god glances at smudged notes written on hand in marker there was no one there with a gun to shoot the zombie knife attacker

He was taken care of without the need to resort to firearms.....Now I know that's anathema to an American, but in the UK we prefer things that way.

10 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

So what is the solution, @Sgt.Squarehead? Do they need to close the zombie knife loophole?

I have to confess, I haven't got a clue what you are on about?   A dickhead gets hold of a knife, QED: we should legalise all guns?  Is that it?  How the fuck would that make sense?

I'm simply asking if the current knife laws are working to prevent these objects from being obtained. We have one report of someone using one to threaten innocent people. This isn't the only case. So what can the UK change to stop these incidents from happening? From people getting their hands on knives?

I guess it's just the American way to bring a gun to a knife fight.... and win.... very easily....

I believe the statement that he was trying to make is that some dickhead gets hold of an illegal knife, therefore you need stronger knife control laws. The same logic that drive NY and CA to keep introducing gun control measures, despite the fact that the already have the strictest in the country, and a fair amount of gun crime to go with it. People don't seem to realize that stronger XYZ control laws =/= less crime with XYZ.

2 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

We have one report of someone using one to threaten innocent people. This isn't the only case.

The shock, the terror.....You should get a job for the Daily Mail mate!  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

It's been fascinating to watch.

Horrifying would have been my choice of word, just because I live in the UK doesn't mean I like the rules and I sure as shit don't get any say in writing them!  :P

Just now, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The shock, the terror.....You should get a job for the Daily Mail mate!  :lol:

Horrifying would have been my choice of word, just because I live in the UK doesn't mean I like the rules and I sure as shit don't get any say in writing them!  :P

If only you had some sort of method of properly fighting back against tyranny... ;)

All jokes aside, how has violent crime trended in the past ten to fifteen years in the UK?

2 minutes ago, Ulric said:

I believe the statement that he was trying to make is that some dickhead gets hold of an illegal knife, therefore you need stronger knife control laws. The same logic that drive NY and CA to keep introducing gun control measures, despite the fact that the already have the strictest in the country, and a fair amount of gun crime to go with it. People don't seem to realize that stronger XYZ control laws =/= less crime with XYZ.

That's a silly comparison and you know it, so I ain't going there.  ;)

6 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

All jokes aside, how has violent crime trended in the past ten to fifteen years in the UK?

A quick look gives us this from the beeb:

_101920918_v2violentcrime.png

So, basically we're on a slight upward trend, reaching levels comparable with the not-even slightly violent as I recall, mid 2000s.  :mellow:

The steep uptick of the 'Total Violence' curve I suspect is the result of the sort of drivel quoted in the first half of that Twitter(?) post being counted as violence.  :rolleyes:

Just now, Sgt.Squarehead said:

A quick look gives us this from the beeb:

_101920918_v2violentcrime.png

So, basically were on a slight upward trend, reaching levels comparable with the not-even slightly violent as I recall, mid 2000s.  :mellow:

The steep uptick of the 'Total Violence' curve I suspect is the result of the sort of drivel quoted in the first half of that Twitter(?) post being counted as violence.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, the is a similar increase in stalking and harassment, so they might be rolling internet crimes and nazi saluting pugs with that.

Just now, Ulric said:

Not as silly as arresting people for possessing a butter knife. What will they go after next, cheese spreaders? Flattened spoons?

It just depends how much of a cock you are being with them, I guess?

They've watched me wandering around with a woodaxe and not felt the need to say anything.....I guess all the chopped wood might have been a factor.

So do me a favour and give it a rest, I'm happy to enter into discussions with you about life in the UK, but not if it's approached thorough the filter of tabloid headlines.

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

And on that sorry note, you peabrained dim-wit, I'll leave you to stew in your own cretinous drivel.  :rolleyes:

Slink off subject, but let me ask you this first,  do you act like an asshole on UK forums too, or are you afraid of the Troll Police?