Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Thermal signature of AFV

Alzoc

Topic to post photo and video of various AFV seen through a thermal camera.

I know that we won't be able to make any comparisons on the thermal signature of various tank without knowing which camera took the image and that the same areas (tracks, engine, sometimes exhaust) will always be the ones to show up but anyway:

Just to see them under a different light than usual (pardon the terrible pun^^)

Leclerc during a deployment test of the GALIX smoke dispenser:

The picture on the bottom right was made using the castor sight (AMX 10 RC, AMX 30 B2)

Akatsiya :

elec_thermal_image_tank_lg.jpg?w=300&h=1

T-72:

tml72a.jpg

tml72b.jpg

A T-62 I think between 2 APC:

sofradir2.jpg

Stryker:

strykerflir-14489E99CA320FBAB7C-thumb400

Jackal:

jackalflir-14489E2A650634477F7-thumb400.

HMMWV:

hmmwvflir-14489E231B033E377EC-thumb400.j

Cougar 4x4:

apvflir-14489DE37CD3BCC1A41-thumb400.jpg

LAV:

aslavflir-14489DEA3FA73B4F6A1-thumb400.j

I don't really know actually.

Sorry, there are many ways to create smoke and all I could say is that the chosen reaction probably runs hot and emits in multiples wavelengths to cover a vehicle from IR camera.

If it's the same or close than ship distress signals looking at the security sheet it only marked as explosive and dangerous when ingested.

I would be tempted to say "not much" but I'm not too confident about it.

More from that video:

Pantsir

1UqdXue.jpg

Armata 

Spoiler

c617hC3.jpg

d27DmSb.jpg

BMP-3

GKqynw9.jpg

Spoiler

uqCzZ5v.jpg

EWbaSC4.jpg

Arctic version of Pantsir on Vityaz chassis

end1Cwd.jpg

Spoiler

0pDvzhs.jpg

BTR-82s. Second one is strange, something wrong with one of the wheels and frontal part

PQUGQBq.jpg

BUK-M2

Pocp0wC.jpg

Iskander

b7ERiuH.jpg

Spoiler

Ye2JWfJ.jpg

1416sUX.jpg

Kurganets-25 IFV

DkMA8Dh.jpg

Spoiler

gdn0j4W.jpg

Msta-S SPG

4SHOGqt.jpg

Koalitsiya-SV SPG

WgBbFwJ.jpg

S-400 TEL

BelwHpO.jpg

Spoiler

gApVlNF.jpg

Tor

kFoP3Uj.jpg

T-72B3 UBKh

O3A8ZKi.jpg

Tigr with Arbalet RCWS

tIuqBgv.jpg

Standart Tigr

Spoiler

MwXWEym.jpg

Tigr with Kornet ATGMs

Spoiler

wpT4hVs.jpg

Typhoon-K (thermal signature on driver window is a reflection)

OlJ3HjB.jpg

Typhoon-U

NojeN7s.jpg

Spoiler

FXVKBfb.jpg

ARujycp.jpg

1 hour ago, Karamazov said:

It's fake video. This video was made using a program and neural networks. As long as I remember. 

Seems to be a really sophisticated program then. And at least on the Bumerang it got it spot on, showing significant heat on the right side at the very front, where the engine is located. Photos showed the paint gone off there because of the severe heating issues.

6 hours ago, Karamazov said:

It's fake video. This video was made using a program and neural networks. As long as I remember. 

link?

I have massive doubts about neural network being capable to do anything like this. The most sophisticated use of neural network in real time image editing that I know is noise cleaning that Nvidia showecased with their raytraycing tech. And this AI was changing color of pixels that were not raytraced, not imitating thermal signatures out of nothing.

In the video there are moments when things are reflected in vehicles windows. A program would have hard time to assign thermal signatures to those reflections.

10 hours ago, Karamazov said:

If you are going to make claims like that on this forum, then you need to back it up with credible evidence.  So yeah, link please.

3 hours ago, Belesarius said:

If you are going to make claims like that on this forum, then you need to back it up with credible evidence.  So yeah, link please.

especially if in the video description it give links to cheap civilian thermal imagers on Aliexpress, one of which was used to make that video.

9 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

link?

I have massive doubts about neural network being capable to do anything like this. The most sophisticated use of neural network in real time image editing that I know is noise cleaning that Nvidia showecased with their raytraycing tech. And this AI was changing color of pixels that were not raytraced, not imitating thermal signatures out of nothing.

In the video there are moments when things are reflected in vehicles windows. A program would have hard time to assign thermal signatures to those reflections.

14 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Seems to be a really sophisticated program then. And at least on the Bumerang it got it spot on, showing significant heat on the right side at the very front, where the engine is located. Photos showed the paint gone off there because of the severe heating issues.

4 hours ago, Belesarius said:

Sorry guys, but this video was actively discussed on the otvaga forum and now I cant find it. Do not believe my words now. I'll try to find proof

6 hours ago, Karamazov said:

Sorry guys, but this video was actively discussed on the otvaga forum and now I cant find it. Do not believe my words now. I'll try to find proof

don't bother, whatever you will find will not be a proof of video being fake. I also remember those talks, there were funny.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...