Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

I have 4 questions: 

1) Where is the Leclerc's electric turret traverse  mechanism located in the turret?

2) Where is the Leclerc's gun elevation mechanism located in the turret ?

3) How is the HL-60 gunner sight mechanically linked to the optics of the gunner? It seems the entire HL-60 sight moves with the gun up and down.

4) What is the diameter of the turret basket?

Leclerc_Char_Technical_information_Franc

It seems to me that the dark blue and the yellow box next to the ER315 radio have somethign to do with the turret traverse.   I have no idea where the gn elevation mechanism is.

I would appreciate any pictures and/or feedback that would answer the questions!  Thank you in advance.

I am unsure if this is the right thread for it, but I recently found an online version for free of the book Les véhicules blindés français 1900-1944 by Pierre Touzin.  So far as I know it is much utilized in citations of French armored vehicles from the era (wikipedia is jammed with it),  and is an important book for French armored development. It is naturally, in French. I've uploaded it to Scribd as a private document.

19 minutes ago, AdmiralTheisman said:

I am unsure if this is the right thread for it, but I recently found an online version for free of the book Les véhicules blindés français 1900-1944 by Pierre Touzin.  So far as I know it is much utilized in citations of French armored vehicles from the era (wikipedia is jammed with it),  and is an important book for French armored development. It is naturally, in French. I've uploaded it to Scribd as a private document.

This is weird, I can see it, but when I click download and log in, I see "Sorry! This document is not publicly available." Scribd kinda sucks, I find that Google Drive is much better for sharing PDFs.

26 minutes ago, EnsignExpendable said:

This is weird, I can see it, but when I click download and log in, I see "Sorry! This document is not publicly available." Scribd kinda sucks, I find that Google Drive is much better for sharing PDFs.

Strange. Thank you for pointing it out to me. I don't use Scribd much, and generally prefer DocDroid but it wasn't uploading there.

I've uploaded it to Google Drive instead.  From testing it the file is too large for preview but it does allow it to be downloaded.