Sturgeon's House
  1. Serge

Serge

• Similar Content

• By Walter_Sobchak
      I realized that we don't actually have a thread about the British Chieftain tank.  

I posted a bunch of Chieftain related stuff on my site today for anyone who is interested.  The items include:

Magazine Articles

1970 article from ARMOR
      1970 article from IDR  - Chieftain-Main Battle tank for the 1970s
      1976 article from IDR - The Combat-Improved Chieftain – First Impressions
      1976 article from IDR - Improved Chieftain for Iran

Government reports

WO 194-495 Assessment of Weapon System in Chieftain
      WO 341-108 Automotive Branch Report on Chieftain Modifications
      DEFE 15-1183 – L11 Brochure 
      WO 194-463 – Demonstration of Chieftain Gun 

WO 194-1323 – Feasibility study on Burlington Chieftain
    • By Walter_Sobchak
      Bundeswehr Weasel and British Light tank Mark IV

• By Belesarius
      http://www.janes.com/article/52476/german-army-receives-first-production-standard-puma-aifv

30mm with airburst capability, and supposedly better mine protection than a Leo 2.

• By Mighty_Zuk
      Welcome to Mighty Zuk's place of mental rest and peace of mind. This is my realm. 
      I've decided it would be best to ditch the old Merkava thread for 2 reasons:
      1)It does not feature any bunched up information in its main post, and valuable information is scattered across different posts on different pages. 
      2)Many AFVs that are not related to the Merkava, or related but are not it, appear in that thread with improper representation. There are other AFVs than the Merkava, and it would be better to refer to them in a general way.

As time will go by, I will arrange this thread into a sort of information center. 

I will take up a few first comment spaces to make sure proper amount of information can be stacked up on the front page and for easier access for everyone.

[Reserved for future posts - Merkava]