Some ram clips out of war time videos

Spoiler

Factory work, plane flying over formation of Ram's and then one going full tilt

Spoiler

Kangaroo crews showing how many they jammed into them

Spoiler

small clip after the sherman flail

Spoiler

Small training clip, Rams loaded with guys all over it.

Spoiler

Factory workers examining Rams at Borden

Spoiler

Shermans and Rams saluting with guns in parade.

Spoiler

couple seconds of a Ram driving by firing.

Spoiler

McNaughton looking at Ram suspension.

Spoiler

sons of King Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia looking over Ram tank

Spoiler

Rams on landing ships for exercise pirate

Spoiler

Victory bond drive, Ram used as display

Spoiler

Another exercise for d-day with Rams going by

Spoiler

Rams firing smoke, crossing a bridge and the end of the video has the waterproofed ones dropping off the landing ships and lining up to fire on the beach after.

Spoiler

Ram assault bridge

Spoiler

Bonus Captured Italian SPG in use

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes they are nice stowage diagrams, I had paid to have two different 6 pdr mounting part lists scanned at the Aussie archives and they host everything like that after on their site which is nice. Bonus was the stowage stuff included in the papers.

JA9rYKY.png

Po1gbEV.jpg

0AZbFKW.jpg

UGrgnwB.jpg

they are nice for layering as well to compare and get a idea on rough slope for the different sections (in front of driver and cupola)

3 hours ago, EnsignExpendable said:

It's interesting how the Australians have so many Ram docs, I guess they consulted Canada on their modernization of the Medium Tank M3 modernization, but decided to go their separate way with the Sentinel.

Same reason the Ram I had the 2 pdr, no tank mounting existed for the 6 pdr. Canada's waiting on the UK who say they are working on it but it's not materializing so they go ahead and design their own. Australia wants the 6 pdr in their tank so they ask Canada for drawings to see how they manged it.

seoHcRg.png

Kangaroo with what looks like an engine change or some sort of major mod. exhaust soot on the rear upper plate, and what looks like the two exhausts sticking out of the rear engine deck plate. Only thing I can think of is an engine change to something like the Fords who's exhaust normally comes right out the lower rear plate on the M4A3, so instead of cutting 1.5 inches of steel to make an opening, they just piped it up and out of the engine cover.

Edit: Turns out that exhaust mod was done specifically to Ram towers only it seems, I suppose for clearance issues or wadding requirements?

ctOYKDg.jpg

The Ram makes a long dead bit of my anatomy wiggle. Just  so...

Because it is Canadian , but it is not quite ALL Canuck.

I want to hug it, but it says "No you are American!", and I say "But wait, so are you!".

As it waits, I say " And my relatives are Canadian (A lie, as we were chased out by the British)" Thus is the Ram lulled.

qKaVnd3.png

KmOvucW.png

xSUS9oo.png

N2PfJ1S.png

Taking known dimensions from primary sources on the Ram OP and regular Ram I + II to come up with numbers. Hull height is to the highest point at the turret ring, Turret height is to top of periscope over cupola and top of periscope on turret roof. No idea on actual roof height but you could probably make a rough estimation using the known heights, the photo with the turret removed and the measurements from the suspension. Hull width is the side hull cast in bulges, versions with the door in place are wider still. You can see in the photo how the actual overall width is lower everywhere else on the hull.

Question remains if they had measured to the older style periscopes or the newer taller ones.

Spoiler

tfQWbqI.png

DrGYhfa.png

uxHWm5N.png