Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Greetings, anyone can suggest books/article/data about battle of Afrin 2018?

Darjeeling

Greetings, I have been studying in the battle of Afrin since it started. Yet I still lack some information that can clearly analyse the opposite plan, war progress and order of battle of both side (Turkey army clear but YPG isn’t).

I am spectacular interested in the process of the battle as it revealed the true strength of the 2nd largest NATO army. Also, the performance of YPG/YPJ militant against the regular modern army is meaningful to modern warfare study too.

Hence, any kind man can help me on this field or even just give out a reading list?

1 minute ago, LostCosmonaut said:

Reading through the whole thing would be quite an achievement ( @Collimatrix Can tell you after he broke the forums that one time)

Apologies, I didn’t mean the whole thing, but Afrin and Aleppo are kinda deep in there, just looked through and found the end of Afrin at page 500 (March 2018), and I found a post on page 402 that says SAA are approaching northwest part of Aleppo province, where Afrin is. Hope that narrows it down. 

4 hours ago, LostCosmonaut said:

Reading through the whole thing would be quite an achievement ( @Collimatrix Can tell you after he broke the forums that one time)

Also paging @LoooSeR and @Bronezhilet to the thread.

I didn't payed that much attention to Afrin combat, so i can't give any good links. My spamming of Syrian war thread is what i have.