Jump to content
Sturgeon's House
T___A

US Politics Thread: Year 2 of 1000 of the TrumpenReich

Recommended Posts

I'm confused.  The last two years, Trump has done everything he can to piss all over NATO and our European allies, including failing to publicly assert NATO article 5 to revoking the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.  So in response, French President Macron states the obvious, that perhaps the EU needs to create it's own military force since the US is not much of a reliable ally anymore.  And so Trump freaks out on twitter.  What the heck did he expect our European allies to do?  If I were a European leader and I had watched the ridiculous press conference Trump had with Putin earier this year I sure as shit wouldn't consider the US much of a reliable ally anymore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I'm confused.  The last two years, Trump has done everything he can to piss all over NATO and our European allies, including failing to publicly assert NATO article 5 to revoking the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.  So in response, French President Macron states the obvious, that perhaps the EU needs to create it's own military force since the US is not much of a reliable ally anymore.  And so Trump freaks out on twitter.  What the heck did he expect our European allies to do?  If I were a European leader and I had watched the ridiculous press conference Trump had with Putin earier this year I sure as shit wouldn't consider the US much of a reliable ally anymore.  

 

I agree that this stance on Trump's part seems internally inconsistent.  Maybe he just wants to antagonize NATO for the hell of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I'm confused.  The last two years, Trump has done everything he can to piss all over NATO and our European allies, including failing to publicly assert NATO article 5 to revoking the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.  So in response, French President Macron states the obvious, that perhaps the EU needs to create it's own military force since the US is not much of a reliable ally anymore.  And so Trump freaks out on twitter.  What the heck did he expect our European allies to do?  If I were a European leader and I had watched the ridiculous press conference Trump had with Putin earier this year I sure as shit wouldn't consider the US much of a reliable ally anymore.   

 

It's pretty obvious that Trump is mad that Macron said that the EU army needs to protect against the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Just when you thought the Democrat party could get no worse. 

 

 

 

 

When good, normal, non-criminals won't vote for you garbage candidates, cheat, lie, and have criminals vote. 

 

 

 

One observation: it says his party is Republican, so I don’t think he would vote Democrat.

 

I vehemently disagree with giving criminals the right to vote whilst they are incarcerated, regardless of duration, but agree that perhaps after someone has served their sentence and is released, give them the right to vote back (depending on the crime). This dirt bag should not have the right to vote, though. 

 

 

9 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I'm confused.  The last two years, Trump has done everything he can to piss all over NATO and our European allies, including failing to publicly assert NATO article 5 to revoking the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.  So in response, French President Macron states the obvious, that perhaps the EU needs to create it's own military force since the US is not much of a reliable ally anymore.  And so Trump freaks out on twitter.  What the heck did he expect our European allies to do?  If I were a European leader and I had watched the ridiculous press conference Trump had with Putin earier this year I sure as shit wouldn't consider the US much of a reliable ally anymore.  

 

Maybe this is Trump’s way of getting all the NATO countries to pay their fair share? Fear is a great motivator, albeit sometimes the reactions are unpredictable (some people cooperate, some freeze/accept death, etc.). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord_James said:

 

One observation: it says his party is Republican, so I don’t think he would vote Democrat.

 

I vehemently disagree with giving criminals the right to vote whilst they are incarcerated, regardless of duration, but agree that perhaps after someone has served their sentence and is released, give them the right to vote back (depending on the crime). This dirt bag should not have the right to vote, though. 

 

 

 

Maybe this is Trump’s way of getting all the NATO countries to pay their fair share? Fear is a great motivator, albeit sometimes the reactions are unpredictable (some people cooperate, some freeze/accept death, etc.). 

 

You really think he registered and voted himself in a Democrat-controlled county? I mean come on, that's basic misdirection and gives Democrats a little deniability on their criminal activity. Hell, there are reports of Democrat election workers filling out provisional ballots. this is Democrat dirty trick operations, to anyone with any critical thinking skills left, but of course, as we've seen, the Dems and their supporters are open about being willing to lie cheat and steel go get their way. 

 

But even don't buy that, someone is registering mass shooters to vote, its currently against the law for any felons to votes,  and I can't think of a single Republican, or even normal sane person, who thinks felons should vote in any way.  The Feds need to investigate Broward county. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

including failing to publicly assert NATO article 5 to revoking the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.

 

How do you think ending the INF treaty pisses on NATO when it functionally didn't exist anymore?

 

Quote

French President Macron states the obvious, that perhaps the EU needs to create it's own military force since the US is not much of a reliable ally anymore

 

'Anymore' means long before Trump took office.

 

Macron and the others pushing for an EU military are doing so because it will allow them to have a bigger military than they are willing/able to afford on their own, if Trump is the rhetorical device they use to argue for it then so be it.

 

Quote

If I were a European leader and I had watched the ridiculous press conference Trump had with Putin earier this year I sure as shit wouldn't consider the US much of a reliable ally anymore.

 

Which is interesting assertion given how certain European leaders seem far more chummy with Russia than the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

 

You really think he registered and voted himself in a Democrat-controlled county? I mean come on, that's basic misdirection and gives Democrats a little deniability on their criminal activity. Hell, there are reports of Democrat election workers filling out provisional ballots. this is Democrat dirty trick operations, to anyone with any critical thinking skills left, but of course, as we've seen, the Dems and their supporters are open about being willing to lie cheat and steel go get their way. 

 

But even don't buy that, someone is registering mass shooters to vote, its currently against the law for any felons to votes,  and I can't think of a single Republican, or even normal sane person, who thinks felons should vote in any way.  The Feds need to investigate Broward county. 

 

Honestly? I don’t know what the fuck is going on anymore. I guess I’ll spill it, I live in Broward County, Floridaland, and of I had my way, would hang that societal stain from the tallest tree I could find. But rn, everything looks like a swirling mess and I’m having trouble keeping up; maybe my depression is getting to me, idk. 

 

As I said before, I abhor the decision to give the incarcerated the right to vote until after they have served their sentence (as I believe the law provides now). 

 

As for a dem controlled area... yeah, I know... and this doesn’t surprise me that the dems would stoop to new lows in their despite attempt to not be embarrassed like they were in 2016. I also wouldn’t rule out their insatiable lust for power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

Macron and the others pushing for an EU military are doing so because it will allow them to have a bigger military than they are willing/able to afford on their own, if Trump is the rhetorical device they use to argue for it then so be it.

More likely to centralize power.

Loss of a proper military for the states means loss of sovereignty, which benefits the goal of unifying Europe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect
      After seeing the rampant crack down on speech in the UK, I decided that more should be done than just Thoughts and Prayers. 
       
      I know that it's a scary time for our UK members. Knowing that what you say on the internet can put you on the wrong side of a Bobby's nightstick, well, I find that despicable. 
       
      So I've created this place for all your impure or degenerate thoughts. Here's how it works. 
       
      Perhaps you want to say something "offensive". Instead of saying it yourself, you can message any US member of this forum and have them act as your avatar of avarice. 
       
      For example, say you had a particularly heinous fish and chips at the local pub. You may want to say, "Oi, that cheeky fucker Barnaby William can't do a proper chip if he had a fryer for hands!"
       
      This on it's own could send you straight to jail for defamation. Moreso, if instead of chips that sent you reeling it happened to be a kebab from Omar down the street. 
       
      Now your crime has gone from offensive to racially insensitive!
       
      Anytime such an urge comes along, call on your ex colonial friends. We will translate and post your complaint for all the world to revel in, free of charge!
       
      I personally think Omar should learn to pull the fucking kebab off heat before it's crisper than his wife's crotch and blacker than his beard. That tosser!
       
      See? Don't you feel better? And now, no one will be knocking on your door, serving you with a summons for being a racist git. 
       
    • By T___A
      Might as well make a new thread now that the election is over.
    • By Tied
      Yes
       
      i personally support it, by finding the KGB Felix Dzerzhinsky greatly improved state scurrility both inside the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and abroad (their jurisdiction was only domestic, but they kept the internationally influential people safe at night)   a dedicated defender of both the Revolution and all the Soviet peoples     what do you think of this news?
×