Sturgeon's House
T___A

US Politics Thread: Year 2 of 1000 of the TrumpenReich

Breitbard successfully seeded the “innocent until proven guilty” narrative ... 

What do you mean narrative? That should be the basic operating procedure for anything regarding law and punishment. Fucking twats, do you want a gestapo? Cause that’s how you create a gestapo. 

1 hour ago, Ramlaen said:

This NEEDS to happen, get those old farts out of there and some new blood in. 

Though i doubt it will get through Congress... maybe an executive order, backed by the courts and a select few congressmen/women could force it through and hold it until the next election. 

On 1/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, Lord_James said:

This NEEDS to happen, get those old farts out of there and some new blood in. 

Though i doubt it will get through Congress... maybe an executive order, backed by the courts and a select few congressmen/women could force it through and hold it until the next election. 

Nothing short of a constitutional amendment would be required to get this done.  An executive order trying to mandate term limits for congress would be an obvious violation of the separation of powers. 

More on the 'Steele Dossier', looks like it really was the starting point for the whole 'Russia Thing':

http://thefederalist.com/2019/01/02/new-documents-suggest-steele-dossier-deliberate-setup-trump/

How is it possible that so many people knew and said nothing? Everyone knows it’s impossible to sustain a real conspiracy that size. People in the know talk and the press makes it public. But they did talk—all the time. But the conversations, implicit confessions, of FBI agents and other U.S. officials were hidden by colleagues who classified their talk, or deleted it, like FBI employees Peter Strzok and Lisa Page’s text messages.

The press didn’t report it because the press is part of the operation, the indispensable part. None of it would have been possible, and it certainly wouldn’t have lasted for two years, had the media not linked arms with spies, cops, and lawyers to relay a story first spun by Clinton operatives.

2 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Anyone planning on going to a National Park may want to reconsider their plans.

NPS-at-Arches-Shutdown-2018-STGnews.png

Dealt with this before, in previous administrations.

You just go in. 

If you were smart, you were bringing your own shitter-paper, etc, and packing your own trash out, anyhow.

This kind of has my head spinning.....The Atlantic, pointing out all the same issues 'conspiracy theorists' have indicated for decades, but with an exclusive focus on Trump:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/01/presidential-emergency-powers/576418/

I guess you never get the dictator that you want, eh?  ;)

17 hours ago, Meplat said:

Dealt with this before, in previous administrations.

You just go in. 

If you were smart, you were bringing your own shitter-paper, etc, and packing your own trash out, anyhow.

Oh, so it's like any other time you go into the wilderness. 

13 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

This kind of has my head spinning.....The Atlantic, pointing out all the same issues 'conspiracy theorists' have indicated for decades, but with an exclusive focus on Trump:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/01/presidential-emergency-powers/576418/

I guess you never get the dictator that you want, eh?  ;)

That's so cute! I mean, I'm glad that they are looking into some legitime issues with the whole "state of emergency" bullshit abuse that goes on, but it would be more effective if the theoretical examples that gave weren't marinated in TDS. "OMG, Trump could deploy troops to deal with MS-13, how terrible!"

My favorite part is when they claim that he might use emergency powers to rig the election in his favor. I didn't think that those levels of projection were even possible. At this point, a national level crackdown on voter fraud is necessary. California was recently ordered to purge 1.5 million entries from the voter rolls because the people were either dead or had moved. There have been other people attempting to get laws passed that deal with cleaning up voter rolls as well. The fact that there has to be a legal fight to ensure that municipalities keep clean, accurate records of who is registered to vote, and legally able to vote, should concern everyone regardless of what side of the political spectrum they are on. It always amuses me that Democrats are opposed to voter ID laws. 

3 hours ago, Ulric said:

Basically anywhere in the wild in Norway. 

Here we expect people to take care of themselves. 

42 minutes ago, Xoon said:

Basically anywhere in the wild in Norway. 

Here we expect people to take care of themselves. 

Inb4 your exceptionally generous social services. :P 

7 hours ago, Ulric said:

Pretty much.

Not that the areas around the Grand Canyon were meticilously maintained in the first place.

22 hours ago, Lord_James said:

Inb4 your exceptionally generous social services. :P 

Here in Norway pretty much everyone knows how not to fall off cliffs. So we don't need most of these campgrounds and rangers. 

But then we were surprised when tourist kept falling of cliffs and shit, a lot. So we finally made tourist trails on the most tourist trafficked trails in the country and basically made them gravel roads with plenty of patrols. 

But yeah, outside of that we do have the red cross, and social services which help you out when you broke a leg or some shit. We literally dispatched a helicopter, over 100 people, plus police and medical personal and volunteers to find a woman who got lost in the forest. 

1 hour ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Complaining that the national parks are closed is pretty short sighted. Along with fairly inconsequential.

Just wait until these people realize they won't get their tax refund. 

1key4i.jpg

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424208-white-house-irs-will-issue-tax-refunds-despite-shutdown