Sturgeon's House
T___A

US Politics Thread: Year 2 of 1000 of the TrumpenReich

6 hours ago, Donward said:

Watching and reading the captions, the amazing thing is that I can't tell if this float is meant to be negative or positive towards the President so I'm going to assume the latter. 

There's CCP and Putin iconography on his armor, I'm leaning toward the artist making it satirical and the shitlords just taking it straight

Honestly, I'm more interested in the ridiculous panoply of candidates the Democrats will offer in 2020.

Simply because I'm sure it will be a freakshow of epic scale and scope.

3 minutes ago, Meplat said:

Honestly, I'm more interested in the ridiculous panoply of candidates the Democrats will offer in 2020.

Simply because I'm sure it will be a freakshow of epic scale and scope.

It is already a freakshow of epic scale and scope. And the ensemble cast keeps getting larger. 

So the Governor of California Gavin Newsom has ended the high speed rail boondoggle... at least in part.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/central-valley-high-speed-rail-merced-bakersfield-13610732.php

And is in the process, outright stealing $3.5 billion dollars in federal funding.

“Abandoning high-speed rail entirely means we will have wasted billions of dollars with nothing but broken promises and lawsuits to show for it,” Newsom said. “And by the way, I am not interested in sending $3.5 billion in federal funding that was allocated to this project back to Donald Trump.”

$3.5 billion dollars you say, hmmm??? I wonder what infrastructure project THAT could be used for?

46 minutes ago, Donward said:

So the Governor of California Gavin Newsom has ended the high speed rail boondoggle... at least in part.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/central-valley-high-speed-rail-merced-bakersfield-13610732.php

And is in the process, outright stealing $3.5 billion dollars in federal funding.

“Abandoning high-speed rail entirely means we will have wasted billions of dollars with nothing but broken promises and lawsuits to show for it,” Newsom said. “And by the way, I am not interested in sending $3.5 billion in federal funding that was allocated to this project back to Donald Trump.”

$3.5 billion dollars you say, hmmm??? I wonder what infrastructure project THAT could be used for?

Cool, I'd say cut off all federal money to CA until they give that 3.5 billion back. Fuck them.

3 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

He WANTS Trump to send Federal Law enforcement after him. He thinks it will make him a huge lefty Hero and usher him into the Presidency. 

Yes, usher him into the presidency by committing a felony, brilliant plan.

Just now, Ulric said:

Yes, usher him into the presidency by committing a felony, brilliant plan.

Does it surprise you though? Newsom is the Dark Prince of California Politics. A scumbag who has never done any good in office, but who is amazingly popular the State. 

5 minutes ago, Ulric said:

That's why Chelsea/Bradley Manning can't run. Their sentence was commuted, but they were not pardoned.

He probably thinks resisting Trump makes him morally right, and they would never get a conviction, and he's probably right, the DOJ is too much of a mess to do anything about this. 

7 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

Not that I had much trust or faith in the FBI before this, but, "Fuck them. Fuck them with a running chainsaw".

53 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Best news of the morning so far.

It’s looking more and more like the Dems are trying to recreate 1972 or 1984 with their election futility.

As if it weren’t bad enough already, the 2020 Dem primaries are going to be a stampede to the Left.