Sturgeon's House
T___A

US Politics Thread: Year 2 of 1000 of the TrumpenReich

The Left and Democrats have grown so intellectually lazy in their collective thought ghettos that they’ve become the “Everyone I Disagree With Is Hitler” storybook meme.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:51 PM, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Yeah, democrats call Baltimore a rat infested shithole, and its OK, but Orange man does it, and its the most racist thing since Hitler.     No, its not racism to point out the failure of democrats, and their policies. 

Ok, let me put it to you this way.  If I said "The Sherman tank had serious deficiencies that impacted the lives of the crews that served it in and policies should be adopted to remedy them", that would be the basis for a discussion.  If I said "The Sherman tank was a pathetic piece of shit and it's the fault of people I don't like", then you might think I am not serious about having a discussion and that I just want to score points and denigrate those that I disagree with.  That's the difference between how serious people talk and how Trump talks.  

29 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Ok, let me put it to you this way.  If I said "The Sherman tank had serious deficiencies that impacted the lives of the crews that served it in and policies should be adopted to remedy them", that would be the basis for a discussion.  If I said "The Sherman tank was a pathetic piece of shit and it's the fault of people I don't like", then you might think I am not serious about having a discussion and that I just want to score points and denigrate those that I disagree with.  That's the difference between how serious people talk and how Trump talks.  

And the response to "The Sherman tank was a pathetic piece of shit and it's the fault of people I don't like" was to yell racist.

If you don’t think Trump is serious in his talk about how Baltimore is a rat-infested shithole and how it’s the fault of Democrats who have run the city for 3/4s of a century, then you’re not paying attention.

Serious people talk like Trump when describing the problem.

It’s the gadflies on the Left who are yelling “racism” and interrupting the grown-ups while they’re talking as they sit safely in segregated gated communities and pull in six and seven figure salaries while profiting from the problem.

1 hour ago, Donward said:

Yes, this is good news. Though it would have been better if Trump had them fired. 

This is also interesting news, Comey, referred to the DOJ by the IG for prosecution. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/455616-james-comeys-next-reckoning-is-imminent-this-time-for-leaking

3 hours ago, Donward said:

If you don’t think Trump is serious in his talk about how Baltimore is a rat-infested shithole and how it’s the fault of Democrats who have run the city for 3/4s of a century, then you’re not paying attention.

Serious people talk like Trump when describing the problem.

It’s the gadflies on the Left who are yelling “racism” and interrupting the grown-ups while they’re talking as they sit safely in segregated gated communities and pull in six and seven figure salaries while profiting from the problem.

Maybe people cry racism because Trump says things that are textbook definitions of racism?  I am not exaggerating.  US government guidelines give as an example of racist speech the phrase "go back where you came from."  Trump ain't even using a dog whistle the way Nixon or Reagan did, he is just flat out speaking directly to racist sentiment.  

10 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

You would if the people you didn't like were responsible for the Sherman actually being a piece of shit.

Like, Walt, have you BEEN to Baltimore? It's a shithole. And it ain't Republicans that run the place.

24 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Maybe people cry racism because Trump says things that are textbook definitions of racism?  I am not exaggerating.  US government guidelines give as an example of racist speech the phrase "go back where you came from."  Trump ain't even using a dog whistle the way Nixon or Reagan did, he is just flat out speaking directly to racist sentiment.  

You know, telling someone to "go back to where you came from and then come back here" has got to be the strangest racist dogwhistle I've ever heard.

6 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

You would if the people you didn't like were responsible for the Sherman actually being a piece of shit.

Like, Walt, have you BEEN to Baltimore? It's a shithole. And it ain't Republicans that run the place.

You know, telling someone to "go back to where you came from and then come back here" has got to be the strangest racist dogwhistle I've ever heard.

No, but I have been to Detroit many times.  Still, that's not the issue.  Many US cities have serious problems.  Trump doesn't care about that.  He only cares about stoking the racist sentiment of his base.  The day he calls West Virginia a coal dust infested shit hole is the day I stop believing he is a racist.

2 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

No, but I have been to Detroit many times.  Still, that's not the issue.  Many US cities have serious problems.  Trump doesn't care about that.  He only cares about stoking the racist sentiment of his base.

Is it Trump or his critics who are making the connection between Baltimore problems and race.

The day he calls West Virginia a coal dust infested shit hole is the day I stop believing he is a racist.

Trump didn't call Baltimore a shithole but if we are putting words in his mouth why stop there?

1 hour ago, Ramlaen said:

Is it Trump or his critics who are making the connection between Baltimore problems and race.

Trump didn't call Baltimore a shithole but if we are putting words in his mouth why stop there?

Stop with the game.  Trump explicitly called out Rep Cummings of Baltimore as a racist in his comments.  Stop with the spinning and dodging and deflecting.  Your guy is an orange race baiting narcissist. 

I am in the majority in this opinion.

5 minutes ago, Donward said:

*Insert “Everyone I disagree with is Hitler” meme here*

I did not call him Hitler.  I called him a racist.  51% of the American population agrees with me on this.  By referencing Hitler, you pretty much lose the argument automatically via Godwin's law.

4 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

By referencing Hitler, you pretty much lose the argument automatically via Godwin's law.

I hope you realize how ironic this statement is, as it wasn’t the the Right who started referencing Trump and Hitler in the same sentence... 

China Covertly Subverting Trump Reelection

Chinese Communist Party Funds Washington Think Tanks

Interesting how Democrats will label this a conspiracy in the future(As it will become one of the upcoming themes) and somehow striking a straight face while pushing a Russian collusion at the same time.

And also a no surprise here.

It Looks Like Joe Biden’s Son Took A Bribe From A Chinese Businessman

6 minutes ago, Pascal said:

China Covertly Subverting Trump Reelection

Chinese Communist Party Funds Washington Think Tanks

Interesting how Democrats will label this a conspiracy in the future(As it will become one of the upcoming themes) and somehow striking a straight face while pushing a Russian collusion at the same time.

And also a no surprise here.

It Looks Like Joe Biden’s Son Took A Bribe From A Chinese Businessman

Expecting even rank and file democrats to care about their politicians  criminal actions is silly. They are to busy with their war on Trump, freedom of speach and self defense. We can now throw in private health care they want removed. 

Orange man bad trumps decency.

@Walter_Sobchak, I admire your knowledge of automotive systems, almost to the point of envy, and I respect you just as much as most other denizens of this forum, but I do have disagreements with some of the comments you make; not because I believe they are wrong (there’s definitely some truth to your arguments), but because they are hypocritical. 

8 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Your guy is an orange race baiting narcissist. 

1. Are you using the color of his skin as a micro-aggression to make him feel less than a person? (Jk :P

2. The politicians on the left use race baiting all the time to gain support from minorities and social justice groups. They also use class and gender baiting. Criticizing Trump or right politicians for using (or supposedly using) “socio-economic” baiting is ignorant at best, and cognitively dissonant at worst. 

8 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Stop with the spinning and dodging and deflecting. 

Same as point 2 above: many have spun, dodged, and deflected attention from the crimes committed by left politicians, but a simple tax form mistake would probably be bloated into full-on tax fraud and evasion for a right politician. 

10 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Stop with the game.  Trump explicitly called out Rep Cummings of Baltimore as a racist in his comments.  Stop with the spinning and dodging and deflecting.  Your guy is an orange race baiting narcissist. 

You want me to stop 'playing games' while insinuating Trump responded to race baiting attacks is Trump initiating the race baiting.

I am in the majority in this opinion.

Perhaps you can come up with an argument other than Trump is racist because because?

As for that poll, if you are in the majority it means you think his main motives are not racist beliefs.

13 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Stop with the game.

Democrats for decades have played the game of being corrupt racist fucksticks who use minorities as political chattel, so it was only a matter of time before someone gained support on a platform of "fuck their empty platitudes, nail them to the wall".

Get used to it. It doesn't go away if Trump loses. You and all the blue checkmarks in the world keep throwing around words like "racist" and acting like that's a "fact", but sorry to say the people who will carry Trump to victory in 2020 are deaf to that shit by now. I remember being called a racist for supporting Bush in 2004. Because the party of the Confederacy making a bunch of black people slaves that they milk for votes is the only morally upstanding position and if you don't support it YOU'RE RACIST.

See how that works? Shut your brain off and support our instutitionalized racism. And when the black slaves complain, we'll blame it on the Republicans.

Yeah that bullshit gets old after a while. Old enough that I don't care what's a "racist dogwhistle" anymore. Nail these fuckers to the wall.

Just want to add, the idea that something is racist even if its content is demonstrably not about race or expressing racist ideas, just because it might appeal to a racist is the foundation for speech codes and anathema to American ideals.

If this is the hill you and other lefties want to die on, then I'm confident you will.

And meanwhile, DNC “front runner” Joe Biden was a stammering train wreck during the DNC debate, forcing his aides to hide him away for another month, out of the public’s eye at an undisclosed location with access to Barnaby Jones reruns and Mueslix.

Time to just concede Trump will be President for

EIGHT

MORE

YEARS!!!

And meanwhile, meanwhile the President continues to stick it to the ChiComs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/01/trump-says-us-will-impose-10percent-tariffs-on-300-billion-of-chinese-goods-starting-september-1.html

(And meanwhile meanwhile meanwhile as mentioned above, the son of the DNC front runner is taking bribes from the ChiComs)

37 minutes ago, Donward said:

And meanwhile, meanwhile the President continues to stick it to the ChiComs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/01/trump-says-us-will-impose-10percent-tariffs-on-300-billion-of-chinese-goods-starting-september-1.html

(And meanwhile meanwhile meanwhile as mentioned above, the son of the DNC front runner is taking bribes from the ChiComs)

The Chinese are working overtime in regards to obtaining markets for selling and stuff, just look at the rare minerals industry of USA, they put a hand in ending that industry.

How the US lost the plot on rare earths

Spoiler

Processing plants in the US owned by German and Japanese firms moved their operations to China.

China wouldn’t have been able to develop its REE industry if it wasn’t for the dubious acquisition of Magnequench, a division of General Motors established in 1986. In 1982, General Motors research scientist John Croat created the world’s strongest permanent magnet using rare earths. The purpose of Magnequench was to produce neodymium-iron-boron (NdFeB) magnets, a superior type of permanent magnet that GM needed for its vehicles.

In 1988 Indianapolis-based Magnequench was mysteriously sold to members of former Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping’s family. The facility was then shut down and moved to China in 2000.

For the fascinating story of how Magnequench and its technology was ceded to the Chinese, read a 2006 article by Jeffrey St. Clair. (The connection with the Deng Xiaoping family was through the Sextant Group, which purchased Magnequench from GM. Sextant was a front for two Chinese companies with close ties to the government, which it is believed targeted Magnequench for developing its long-range cruise missiles).